*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

sickdog

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 5, 2006
There have been 4 out at pipe for over a half hour, on Surfline cam, appear to be women. WSL site says "Starts in 112 min." ???

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
If Toledo wants people to shut up he should be out there charging while the comp is off (Italo was there on a 7'2''charging closeouts). Does anyone know if he's out there or has been out there these days? He probably drove down to Waikiki.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Was watching on live cam. Four competitors in jerseys getting spat out of barrels, and two skis, yet they fcuken call it off?

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Bet it was the athletes that didn’t want to go out.

The safety ski crew were getting paid for showing up and going on hold so they were probably loving the light work.

Reactions: Havoc and sdsrfr

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Was watching on live cam. Four competitors in jerseys getting spat out of barrels, and two skis, yet they fcuken call it off?
I watched for a bit and it looked gnarly and closed out. Saw a guy taking off and going for the shoulder, no barrel. It would have been one of those days where people are getting 2s and 3s and an odd 6 or 7 here and there.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
My guess is that there's about one makeable wave every ~20mins, and the rest are good for getting your teeth knocked out.

Fantasy-land, but I wish Hawaii would give them one event window for both contests. You could totally run an opening round at Sunset right now. It's a windy, crossed-up shitshow but contestable.
Seeding would require a fortune teller though.

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
There was a long period 4xOH NW swell and a DOH NE swell plus the trades were near 30 mph. It would of been very challenging, scores would of been ten's and two's. Probably plenty surfers would of advanced with under 5 points total. I do think they should of run it but I understand why they didn't.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Looks like backdoor is supplying the goods this am. Can Moana win a heat on her backside? time to put that “world’s best tube rider” thing to the test!

Reactions: casa_mugrienta