*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
No they can’t run remaining mens in one day. They can get thru rd of 32 and most of rd of 16 with overlapping heats of 40 minutes. If they cut it to under 35 minute heats they could go to quarters.

Just checked the cams. Pipe has live winds and it’s light and east rn. The Waimea buoy is still showing the NNE swell but buoy 1 has been showing more west WNW NNW NW around 13 ft 19 sec. The 7:50 reading is 15.4 ft at 17.4 sec. It’s going to be big and there’s a lot of sand cause of the NNE swells. Should be entertaining.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
No they can’t run remaining mens in one day. They can get thru rd of 32 and most of rd of 16 with overlapping heats of 40 minutes. If they cut it to under 35 minute heats they could go to quarters.

Just checked the cams. Pipe has live winds and it’s light and east rn. The Waimea buoy is still showing the NNE swell but buoy 1 has been showing more west WNW NNW NW around 13 ft 19 sec. The 7:50 reading is 15.4 ft at 17.4 sec. It’s going to be big and there’s a lot of sand cause of the NNE swells. Should be entertaining.
Multiple swells, one with long periods, lots of sand, firm trades. That's a recipe for absolute mayhem!

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
He can't deliver mate.
In one sense, Toledo is the perfect champion of modern corporate conglomerate managerial surfing owned by tech billionaires - play it safe, don't rock the boat, hold wild self-congratulation sessions over minor accomplishments, etc. Gone are the days of champs skidding into second-reef Pipe bombs like Mick, I guess.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
In one sense, Toledo is the perfect champion of modern corporate conglomerate managerial surfing owned by tech billionaires - play it safe, don't rock the boat, hold wild self-congratulation sessions over minor accomplishments, etc. Gone are the days of champs skidding into second-reef Pipe bombs like Mick, I guess.
Maybe it's up to the gnarly surfers to improve their game in regular, mortal human waves so that it's not so fucking extremely easy for Toledo to mop the floor with them whenever it's a non life threatening wave (like 99,9% of the waves ridden by normal surfers world wide everyday).

you owe me one Toledo!

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
In all honesty I almost feel like there should be a separate category for waves of consequence. If Toledo was a skater he would be unbeatable in Street events, he would struggle to qualify for the Vert events and he wouldn't even look at the Megaramp.

Reactions: Lowqi2

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
In all honesty I almost feel like there should be a separate category for waves of consequence. If Toledo was a skater he would be unbeatable in Street events, he would struggle to qualify for the Vert events and he wouldn't even look at the Megaramp.
I thought your idea about chargers learning to rip in waist-high mush had real legs. Step 1 is they all diet-down like jockeys.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I thought your idea about chargers learning to rip in waist-high mush had real legs. Step 1 is they all diet-down like jockeys.
They could also train in bombing Jbay, which Toledo also dominates. He struggles in Heavy barreling waves over shallow reef, that's it. He dominates everything else. Problem is he REALLY struggles in those slabs. like, maybe he cracks the top 1.000.

Reactions: Northern_Shores

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Yes. The pool and JBay are off the schedule this season replaced by Fiji and the Olympics. Takes away 2 of Toledos strong locations and if Cloudbreak is big it’ll add a challenging spot. If he comes in fifth year end and still wins the title it’ll be his only suspect one cause he would’ve won in the old format.

Carissa is the one who has been affected the most by the current format. And she’s bouncing.

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
On hold? I'm not looking at cams so unsure of the conditions. Is it morning sickness? Too big for the CT guys? Give the locals a sessh before the event so they don't pound some haoles?