*** Official Lexus Pipe Pro Contest Thread ***

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
1706156782584.png

Event: Lexus Pipe Pro Presented by Yeti (Championship Tour (CT) Event #1)
Window: Jan 29 - Feb 10, 2024
2022 Champs: Carissa Moore and Jack Robinson
Web: https://www.worldsurfleague.com/events/2024/ct/196/lexus-pipe-pro/main
YouTube: tba

Storylines; Non-surfing title sponsors; changing of the guards; pro sponsorships dwindling; recent run of epic Pipeline; recent injuries at Pipe; Olympics looming.

ruds

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 10, 2002
WSL …..We want to see CT ……END at pipe as well as start at pipe .
The contest format of ending at Trestles will be the downfall of WSL .
just my 2c

Best surfers in the best waves

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Haven’t been around the Pipe area but surfed my NS regular yesterday. The wind was strong SW. The west in the wind puts a little rib on the wave and some chatter. Irritating but still surfable.

Lots of swell forecasted but the wind may be a party pooper. It’s forecasted to stay strong but turn from Kona (SW) to more west. Which is a junk direction for all but one shore.

Watching clips and Surfline looks like the sand has been washed away with all the west swells lately. Like I posted haven’t been in that area lately but it looks better than the recent contests at Pipe without the sandbar closeout section messing up good rides. But a big north could ruin that overnight.

Last edited:

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
Maybe it's just me, but having Lexus as an event sponsor seems super weird.
Like Gmac being sponsored by Mercedes Benz

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Looks like helmets have gained a lot of acceptance for surfing Pipe. Even Jack Robbo wearing one. Red bull would love that. Surfers could look like Nascar drivers soon enough.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
I see plenty of dipshits pulling up to the beach in their Lexuses (Lexi?).

Plenty of dipshits in Sprinter vans too.
I don’t have either of those, but is there a list of acceptable cars for surfers?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I don’t have either of those, but is there a list of acceptable cars for surfers?
Yes.

If you pull up to a spot in your Lambo with a couple of surfboard strapped to the roof, then you're a dutch bag.

So you can add Lambo, Lexus, and Mercedes to the list of unacceptable cars for surfers.