*** Official Fook The Police Because They Are Criminal Thugs Thread ***

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Did you understand the resource issue prior to me explaining it to you? I'm telling you but you just don't seem to get it.

I have maybe 10 minutes to TCOB before it comes time to move on to the next one. I need to establish some control over the scene in order to resolve whatever dispute this is, so excuuuse me if I don't have a lot of patience for this person's lying and stupidity.

Sure, cops overreact sometimes and jump straight to pushing the asshole around instead of wasting 20 minutes on the useless talk therapy and sure, a mouthy drunk who's being an asshole might get a brake check to prompt them to STFU. And sure, it's just not fair that cops don't have an unlimited amount of patience for being lied to or harrassed. But in the end, it's a function that has to be performed with whatever resources are at hand and somebody has to perform it.

IRl, most assholes react way differently when there are 4 cops attending this call than when there's just 1. Which in all honestly does contribute to why sometimes the individual cop is going to be more assertive from the outset when it's just them and the asshole. AND why they don't need to be that direct when there's a bunch of them standing in opposition to that asshole. Way of the world.

When you have a dispute with a raging adolescent mentality that you're raising then you are free to disengage whenever necessary. Cops don't have that latitude. Or that relationship.
See, we're making progress and understanding each other! You admit cops crack skulls because they are frustrated and over worked. I agree.

We differ that you think that is a justifiable excuse, and I think it isn't. But we agree on the problem.

Now here's my solution, cops should stop wasting time fvcking with the innocent while looking for crime. If more crime happens because if that, then it's on the city to hire more police, even to the point where there is a cop on every corner. It is the civilian government's problem to fix, not a street cop's.

Now can we agree that people with a thuggish predisposition want to be cops, and nice people don't. And that management should screen out the thugs, rather than encouraging it.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Crime at an all time low, ever increasing budgets/training/military equipment with less oversight, what could go wrong?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
As I keep saying, the number of people who make it past the mandatory psychological screening is a fraction of the number of people who apply for the job, so anyone who doesn't think it couldn't get worse is about as wrong as they can be.

In the process I went through, by the time all the testing was over the psych exam was the last step; 12 otherwise qualified applicants tested but only 8 came out on the other side. 8 went through the Sheriff Academy for our agency and 4 graduated. 4 entered the 6mo of supervised field training but only 3 came out of that.

Last edited:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
take their chances with all those community activists who just happen to have criminal records. Like our beloved ex-con George Floyd (robbery), hero of the revolution.
And there it is.

A bigoted POS.

Ex-cop.

You are not helping your cause at all.

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
As I keep saying, the number of people who make it past the mandatory psychological screening is a fraction of the number of people who apply for the job, so anyone who doesn't think it couldn't get worse is about as wrong as they can be.

In the process I went through, by the time all the testing was over the psych exam was the last step; 12 otherwise qualified applicants tested but only 8 came out on the other side. 8 went through the Sheriff Academy for our agency and 4 graduated. 4 entered the 6mo of supervised field training but only 3 came out of that.
Did u know they also screen for I.Q.? You can't get hired if you are too smart. Smart people don't make good cops, because they challenge bad orders.

Do you have any idea what other psychological disqualifiers are? Too much compassion? An aversion to senseless violence?

• Haha
Reactions: Aruka and Ifallalot

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Did u know they also screen for I.Q.? You can't get hired if you are too smart. Smart people don't make good cops, because they challenge bad orders.

Do you have any idea what other psychological disqualifiers are? Too much compassion? An aversion to senseless violence?
The sweet spot is ~120-125 or so because someone in that range can relate both up and down. People above that tend to have problems dealing with the under 90 crowd, and they also tend to get bored. Plus, it's important to stick to the program and to refrain from getting real creative when there are legal consequences involved.

IIRC the average for cops is ~100-105, basically the same as the Average for the USA (98).

Too much compassion is bad because then you take everything personally and either burn out or go super aggro to compensate. Too little is bad for obvious reasons.

I've read that different agencies tweak their target profiles, I dunno how common that is, though. I don't think that many put an upper limit on it but there obviously are some.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
“I know exactly how a cop should do his/her/it’s job.”
Right?

Generally speaking it's funny how people who have never done a particular job and really know nothing about the job are quick to authoritatively criticize the way someone does that job.

From restaurant workers to doctors to teachers to cops the outsider is always the expert.

In my experience perceptions of those people tend to be wrong about 75% of the time.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Right?

Generally speaking it's funny how people who have never done a particular job and really know nothing about the job are quick to authoritatively criticize the way someone does that job.

From restaurant workers to doctors to teachers to cops the outsider is always the expert.

In my experience perceptions of those people tend to be wrong about 75% of the time.
A smart person who is an outsider might have some insights.

But most people are stupid.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The sweet spot is ~120-125 or so because someone in that range can relate both up and down. People above that tend to have problems dealing with the under 90 crowd, and they also tend to get bored.
I notice that really smart teachers have trouble teaching stupid kids.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I notice that really smart teachers have trouble teaching stupid kids.
I've noticed those types of teachers are more interested in themselves than the kids. A more excellent way to say it might be, they are more interested in teaching to the curriculum than teaching to the student.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
A smart person who is an outsider might have some insights.
The problem is if they've never done the job they likely don't know the processes, or the nuance of the processes.

It is funny to hear obviously clueless people talk with such certainty about the occupations of others.

I feel a bit embarrassed for them.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Imagine dealing with the same pieces of sh!t like George Floyd over and over every fukcing day.

And having a set of rules to play by while these pieces of sh!t career criminals have none.

Beat them. Step on them. Taze them. Shoot them. Fukc these animals. Menaces to society.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The problem is if they've never done the job they likely don't know the processes, or the nuance of the processes.

It is funny to hear obviously clueless people talk with such certainty about the occupations of others.

The fact that I have to manage large groups of people as a teacher gives me a sharp eye for people mismanagement outside of my profession.

When a lot of people talk about law enforcement, I can tell when they have never been responsible for groups of people.

Controlling the herd is tricky.

When you do it right, it looks like everyone is just behaving.

In fact the person in charge is making that happen.

Reactions: Woke AF

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

I think it's unrealistic to expect people to be familiar with how the sausage is being made. I have no idea how your job works IRL. Not being familiar with it doesn't make us dumb, it just makes us uninformed.

I'm taking heat for trying to contribute explanations for how this stuff works and how it came to be so people can proceed to form their opinions in a more informed basis. Unfortunately, that gets confused with advocacy for all these elements. Except that I don't advocate all of them. Only some of them.

For example, I was authorized to use the carotid restraint and I was trained how to use it "safely", but I also understood that you can't make any mistakes in its application. So the technique requires practice and maintenance in order to be safe for use during a fight - at which point everyone's skills degrade to the lowest common denominator. Eric Gardner didn't die from an act of malice, he died from incompetence with the restraint. If that cop had been spending 10 minutes a couple times a month practicing that restraint (maybe 10 reps ea) then it's much less likely that he would have screwed it up.

IMO for most of the people who die but shouldn't have the reason is incompetence, not malice. People getting beat is sometimes malice but it's also sometimes incompetence with some of the alternatives.

The same with pepper spray. If the struggle was so intense that nothing else was working then pepper spray almost never worked, either. You can check out the videos showing pepper spray being used on people if you don't believe me; the people almost never surrender when their blood is up. It's only when their level of commitment is well below 100% that pepper spray works. Passive resistance demonstrators get sprayed but they still hang in there, and they aren't even methed out of their heads.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
What is the agreed upon number of allowable police over reaction?

Due to the nature of the job you can't have zero.

So do we know what that number is?