*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
then perhaps consider heeding the voluminous calls to cut it the fk out!

take it to the foil forum ffs

this is an underhanded dig...along with your passive aggressive thread about critical thinking
at the top of your response.

science employs critical thinking tools and consensus to arrive at answers

this is only "mainstream" because repeatability and acknowledgement of the hypothesis/theory
inherently bless the position with popularity

you can question all you want

what you can't continue to do is to tear down existing scientific pillars without presenting
a sound, scientifically substantiated alternative

it's tiresome and certainly does not make you the maverick you seem to think you are

Reactions: afoaf

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Here's the latest from Waykiwayki.....with his typical sarcastic humorist review of the Main Stream News from the past month....

The part about Microsofts biological computers was interesting....

He does memes too...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: One-Off and Norm'

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Has the reset come yet?
In a sense....yes....see above for a sneak peak of what the agenda holds....

Will it happen?

Guess we'll just need to wait and see....while helping it progress forward.....or not.

Don't be surprised if it smells of roses and tastes like cake.....with ribbons and bows.....

....because fixing climate change requires sacrifice....ending inequality requires a stakeholder arrangement....

Be good and you're good....right?

Sounds good....on paper....

Nov 14, 2006
Tropical Reef Pass
Read the numbers closely - they are not really numbers that they were hoping for to support their position.

- about a one percent difference is all that mandatory masking and the lockdowns made - if you even believe their Best numbers, which are open to question.

You have to ask yourself : is this the Best they could do? After even probably nudging the numbers more favorably too ? All studies have bias and fudge numbers in order to be published.

Do you think the CDC .gov would feature a study with the same exact numbers but concluded:
“Forced mask wearing, lockdowns and social distancing and ruining the whole worlds economy for years only resulted in perhaps about a percent difference overall, if even that” ?

With the probability that many ordinary annual flu cases were mis-diagnosed as COVID the number in all likelihood approached zero percent, meaning there was no benefit at all
to all the draconian measures, and they were only harmful.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
it seems like everyone has caught it here. We met with our new bookkeeper last night. Full time FDNY, but also got a degree in accounting and has a side biz doing taxes and quick books etc. Anyway, he caught it in April, recovered. Then, he got his FIRST modern shot then caught covid again before his second. Our head of photography, the list goes on. True, a vast majority of these people are not dying or even hospitalized, but that sh!t is still everywhere. I guesss it all gets us closer to herd immunity and the point where covid is just a background thing, claiming the occasional elderly person, and sooner or later will just be accepted like the flu, car accidents etc.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Read the numbers closely - they are not really numbers that they were hoping for to support their position.

- about a one percent difference is all that mandatory masking and the lockdowns made - if you even believe their Best numbers, which are open to question.

You have to ask yourself : is this the Best they could do? After even probably nudging the numbers more favorably too ? All studies have bias and fudge numbers in order to be published.

Do you think the CDC .gov would feature a study with the same exact numbers but concluded:
“Forced mask wearing, lockdowns and social distancing and ruining the whole worlds economy for years only resulted in perhaps about a percent difference overall, if even that” ?

With the probability that many ordinary annual flu cases were mis-diagnosed as COVID the number in all likelihood approached zero percent, meaning there was no benefit at all
Ding ding ding! Someone just earned their beer.
the news said today that 80pct of those hospitalized w/covid were fat.
:unsure:
I sat next to a resident on the plane a couple of days ago. He said that everyone who died of the coof was either very old with a comorbidity or fat. He said when they intubated the fatties their oxygen would slowly decrease because their fat was crushing their lungs and there was nothing they could do.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Are you factoring in the lack of compliance to masking up and social distancing?

I've noted that we got the worst of both world by doing a shitty job of shutting down in a half ass-manner.

It's not that the tactic was bad; it was the execution.

So is your conclusion we shouldn't have used mitigation strategies because humans are too selfish and incompetent to employ them effectively?

I can work with that.

But I don't know how you come to the conclusion that these events happened independently.

How do you know the places where people tried to mitigate didn't affect the numbers where they didn't? And vice versa?

Also, we are not out of the woods yet.

Last edited:

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Thanks for posting that.

I saw this article about it yesterday...

"You’d think that they would look at all the data, all the pro’s and con’s, economic consequences, public health consequences, etc., and make an informed, rational decision.

But that doesn’t seem to happen anymore.

There can be no rational discourse on the topic. You’re not allowed to ask any questions or express any intellectual dissent, otherwise you’ll be denounced as a conspiracy theorist.

You have one job: obey. It’s not even about ‘trusting the science’ anymore, as we’ve been told to do over and over again during the pandemic. Because now the science tells us that mask mandates “have the potential” to reduce Covid growth rates by just 1.32%.

Not that you’ll hear this in the media.

There actually was a bonanza of coverage over the weekend about the CDC’s new report. The Washington Post headline read “After states lift restrictions, CDC says mask mandates can reduce deaths”.

The New York Times reported that “Wearing masks, the [CDC] study reported, was linked to fewer infections with the coronavirus and Covid-19 deaths.”

NBC called the report “strong evidence that mask mandates can slow the spread of the coronavirus. . .”

But very little of the media coverage bothered to mention the real data, i.e. the marginal 1.32% reduction in growth rates.

Just like the CDC’s influenza data, it’s incredible that the media expects to be taken seriously, or that they pass themselves off as an objective, unbiased source of information."

...what you can't continue to do is to tear down existing scientific pillars without presenting
a sound, scientifically substantiated alternative.

Afoaf....is this CDC study scientifically substantiated enough for you?

As if that even means something....

Here's another piece on The Great Reset from Sky News Australia....

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I'll now be standing by for both The Great Reset and the CDC being cancelled.

I'm still not clear what The Great Reset, but whatever....the CDC thing should
be pretty measurable....just like sun angles!

Reactions: tacos

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
ironic, imho, that sheeple think of this as some great reset by the global elite to enable the ruling few to control the masses.....

hello?

what do you think has been going on up until now?

did anyone actually think you have any choices in any truely relevant significant matters because you stuff a little piece of paper in a ballot box once every four years and you have 36 different brands of mayonnaise to choose from on the supermarket shelves and a couple of thousand cable tv channels?

:shameonyou:

the only thing, it seems to me, that is being reset is maybe more people waking up to the fact that they, and the great majority of all their ancestors and descendants, are already and have always been serfs.

i thought as 'serfers', we of the erBB already knew all this.

color me confused.

• Dislike
Reactions: Bohter

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So here we are.

You can go get a haircut, go to a restaurant, use the restroom at a business, etc.

And yet the numbers still falling.

I'll refer once again to the county's flawed "definition of an outbreak" they used to drive policy even when the evidence indicated it completely lacked logic.

There are STILL people I'm hearing that are paranoid about the possibility of children actually returning to school. WTF? It's been close to a year we've had evidence it's plenty safe for kids to be in school.

Anyhow, since my employer didn't seem to be getting any J&J vax, I got it Monday at Rite Aid (walk-in, took about 15 minutes) and completely forgot about it. Right before bed started to feel like ass. Chills all day yesterday and then heavy into the evening. Woke up this morning feeling better but had drenched the sheets in sweat.

Limited doses out there so I jumped on it - I get the feeling they're gonna try to reserve it for certain groups for "equity" purposes due to the fact it's easy to store.

Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I could have gotten the J&J Sunday (as a last minute deal) but I had just gotten a shingles vaccine Friday and I have to wait two weeks.

I was surprised how bad the shingle vaccine made me feel. I woke up in the night wanting to throw up.

Wasn't the fear of schools for the adults who have to work at the school?

The kids sneeze on me and I can feel the shower of spittle rain down on me on a regular basis.

Regardless, I think teachers got to get their shot and go.

This is happening now.

So it's good news.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
My wife got the J&J vaccine at CVS this weekend. All their appointments are booked now. No side effects except a sore arm for the afternoon. She was stocked to be one and done. I'm not eligible yet, waiting my turn.