*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
not to be combative, but, weren't you calling this whole thing a hoax for the first, I don't know, 18 months of the pandemic?
I still believe it's a hoax. ..... as in .....

hoax

hōks

noun

1-) An act intended to deceive or trick.

2-) Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.

3-) A humorous or mischievous deception; a practical joke; usually, a marvelous or exciting fabrication or fiction gravely related as a test of credulity.

As far as points no. 1 and 2, but not no. 3.

But still think there have been some crimes against humanity perpetrated.

In this hoax, ruse, or whatever you want to call this gigantic clusterfook.

:shrug:

Reactions: goingoutside

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
The US is part of a global community. Any other member of the global community is equally responsible and should be held accountable as well. EU, China, Russia, everyone.

Yes, people should be prosecuted for this.

Anyone, anywhere, found to be complicit in hoarding vaccines knowingly at this point in time knowing what we know about how easily it spreads.

For not handling this correctly, ie: not manufacturing and distributing enough vaccines, the side effects of said vaccines where improper testing to rush to market took place, the approving of laws or policies that led to hoarding vaccines by certain countries, or blocks of countries.

I may be naive, but what good is eradicating, or vaccination against, any highly and easily spreadable disease, if you leave even one country out? All it takes is one sick citizen from the left out country to help start a new wave of infections with a new vaccine resistant variant.

Hello?

Every single medical professional I know is beside themselves that this is still being mishandled. At this point in time, we not only should, we DO KNOW BETTER. But still, here we are.

Enjoy the back to school/back to work new wave of infections this fall.

:crazy2::shrug::socrazy::shameonyou:
None of what you’re talking about is illegal. Unwise? Sure, but not illegal.

It's weird when people don't want the US to be the world's babysitter, until they do.

And the wave is already on, but the virus is mild at this point. id say 25% of the people I’m close with have had it lately. It’s not the same virus it once was though.

Last edited:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I still believe it's a hoax. ..... as in .....

hoax

hōks

noun

1-) An act intended to deceive or trick.

2-) Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.

3-) A humorous or mischievous deception; a practical joke; usually, a marvelous or exciting fabrication or fiction gravely related as a test of credulity.

As far as points no. 1 and 2, but not no. 3.

But still think there have been some crimes against humanity perpetrated.

In this hoax, ruse, or whatever you want to call this gigantic clusterfook.

:shrug:
A hoax perpetrated by whom, against whom, and for what reason?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Their Psy OP killed my friend just 3 weeks ago. That s$#t has some serious staying power for a Psy Op. Normally, your typical phony, illuminati-created pandemic burns itself out after a few months

I mean, MERS and SARS only lasted what, not even a year each? Amateur hour at best

• Sad
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Sadly not. I’m sure he was vaxxed, don’t know about boosted. Probably boosted but I don’t know.

he had successfully beaten some sort of lymphoma several years ago. From what I’ve heard there was no connection between the two, but who knows what a battle with cancer will do to your immune system, even if you win. Maybe if he had never had cancer, Covid wouldn’t have gotten him. Who knows. Sucks all the same

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Sadly not. I’m sure he was vaxxed, don’t know about boosted. Probably boosted but I don’t know.

he had successfully beaten some sort of lymphoma several years ago. From what I’ve heard there was no connection between the two, but who knows what a battle with cancer will do to your immune system, even if you win. Maybe if he had never had cancer, Covid wouldn’t have gotten him. Who knows. Sucks all the same
How sad
is this the guy from Brooklyn that we surfed somewhere in jersey with a few years back?
rip

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Yeah based on what I'm hearing from people I know, it doesn't sound like the vaccines are working anywhere near as well IRL as claimed after the trials.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Well, as Ifall and Globsfat will tell you, everyone dies and people with preexisting conditions were lucky to be alive in the first place.

nonetheless, condolences.

Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I don’t know. His was the first direct Covid death I had heard of in my expanded social universe in several months. maybe even since 2021… While in that same period virtually everyone I know, of all ages and all health conditions, GOT Covid and didn’t die. That’s just my personal experience, not any sort of deep macro analysis

Conversely, in early and mid 2020, I didn’t know a whole lot of people who caught Covid, but I heard of several friends, family, colleagues, friends of friends, etc, that DID die from Covid, in those early months.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
IF IT SAVES ONE LYFE

Last semester when we taught in class, teachers and students were missing class at a level I've never seen before.

I agree not having school was bad for the kids and the teachers.

But I think it's dubious to say we could have just gone on operating like there wasn't a pandemic.

My sisters elementary school couldn't get teachers or subs. They had to double up classrooms so a sub was baby sitting 60 kids.

You can't run a school if your staff is getting covid and having to take a week off.

We were fucked no matter what.

There is a teaching shortage now.

haha

I love how the admins don't know what to do.

They adopted the treat the teachers like sh!t model.

It's hard to walk that back

Reactions: need 4 speed

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
IF IT SAVES ONE LYFE

Nice opinion piece.

Your link says the learning was stunted, but points to nothing that shows it will be permanent.

Nobody is surprised that kids entering school over the past few years might not be up to par. I think people will be surprised if they don't catch up over the next few years.

Reactions: need 4 speed