*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Maybe his emotional outburst is completely justified under the circumstances and he's not suffering from anything other than 7 days straight in the ICU. So there's that, Dr. Phil.
Our MDs regularly work 7+ days straight in the ICU sans outbursts.

This is normal.

I've seen docs do 28 days straight. Most don't want to do that, some have no problem.

Some of these outburst docs should check out the ICU mortality rates from 1980s and early 90s. Not to mention previous years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aardwolf

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This reminds me of when Hamas sends rockets into Israel and then the Israelis shoot back and the Palestinians say, "Oh, you really blew it now!"

It's not like the anti vax people were waiting for the right conditions to get the vax.

It's about "tell me what you want so I can not give it to you."

The GOP wants the pandemic to go bad under JB's watch so they can take take power in 22 and 24.

I think the covid deniers should have to go work in the overrun ICU wards.

Marched in there like the german's marched through the death camps after the war.

Or better yet, they can get infected by the virus and sent into quarantine.
As per SurfFV, a lot of people are.

I know specifically of people who waited for official FDA approval.

The Biden vax mandate is bait to politicize this even more.

Kind of pathetic.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
As per SurfFV, a lot of people are.

I know specifically of people who waited for official FDA approval.

The Biden vax mandate is bait to politicize this even more.

Kind of pathetic.
So they were waiting for FDA approval.

But now because Biden might mandate getting shots they are not getting the shot?

That makes no sense.

First they want to make sure it's safe, but now they have assurances of safety they want it not to be politicized.

LEt's face it: they just don't want to get the shots.

It's a feeling's based decision that biasing cognition.

It's very much the "tell me what you want so I can not give it you" pattern we see with people who are low on the agreeableness spectrum.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So they were waiting for FDA approval.

But now because Biden might mandate getting shots they are not getting the shot?

That makes no sense.

First they want to make sure it's safe, but now they have assurances of safety they want it not to be politicized.

LEt's face it: they just don't want to get the shots.

It's a feeling's based decision that biasing cognition.

It's very much the "tell me what you want so I can not give it you" pattern we see with people who are low on the agreeableness spectrum.
I'm not talking about people who were waiting for FDA approval.

I'm talking about the microchip/"I trust my immune system"/antivaxx crowd.

A large portion of these people are the "I trust my immune system" crowd who would eventually break down and get it to go on a vacation or some incentive, lucrative employment opportunity, etc.

I don't think you are anticipating how adults respond to coercion coming from Big Brother.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I don't think you are anticipating how adults respond to coercion, especially coming from Big Brother.

They weren't doing what should have done with out being coerced..

And now they are being forced to do it, they are not doing it.

How do you get them to do it?

People are mandated to do things all the time time.

I think the virus is really disregulated people so everything is a trigger.

I think the Right wants the covid to take Biden out the way it took trump out

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
They weren't doing what should have done with out being coerced..

And now they are being forced to do it, they are not doing it.

How do you get them to do it?

People are mandated to do things all the time time.

I think the virus is really disregulated people so everything is a trigger.

I think the Right wants the covid to take Biden out the way it took trump out
Many companies already are, or will be mandating it on their own accord.

I'm sure many countries will be mandating for international travel.

Among other entities.

President Joe ordering people to do it is different than the above, and provokes a different emotional response.

For a good reason too.

Reactions: Havoc

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
How is his mandates different than other countries?

If you haven't got a shot yet, I don't get how not mandating would make you get a shot.

The retards should have got their shots 3 months ago.

Like I said, I think the right thinks that fucking up JBs covid response is their ticket to taking power in 22 and 24.

When you say he's mandating, you mean the federal employees?

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
People not getting the jab because of political reasons are dropping like flies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I know people who are not watching pro football anymore because trump said not to.

These are the same dummies not getting shots.

I think some vaccine resistance is anti intellectualism too.

I noticed anti vac people don't like that pro vac people think they are dumb.

That is one of the features of this sh!t show.

"You think you are so smart with your vaccination card and fancy book learning!"

Dummies! :roflmao:

Reactions: tacos

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
Is there actual scientific evidence that getting the jab prevents you from contracting and spreading COVID?

I read where it was theorized that people with the jab that then contract the virus, get over the virus quicker thus spreading the virus for fewer days. However, I have also heard it theorized that people with the jab are more likely to be asymptomatic while COVID positive thus walking around and spreading it unknowingly whereas unvaccinated people are more likely to have symptoms that will put them home in bed or at the hospital and not be out and about.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think a lot of people reframe uncertainty as a type of malice.

The right wants to frame JB's response and incompetent and malicious for political reasons.

Dealing with a novel corona virus in an individualistic society is tough.

Everything you do will be framed negatively by somebody.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Is there actual scientific evidence that getting the jab prevents you from contracting and spreading COVID?
This study gives a very qualified 'yes' to the first part of your two part questions. Second part answer is admitting the facts aren't conclusive enough to provide a binary style answer lots of humans prefer.

Blurb:

Messenger RNA (mRNA) BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) and mRNA-1273 (Moderna) COVID-19 vaccines have been shown to be effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 in randomized placebo-controlled Phase III trials (1,2); however, the benefits of these vaccines for preventing asymptomatic and symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) infection, particularly when administered in real-world conditions, is less well understood

Reactions: tacos

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I know people who are not watching pro football anymore because trump said not to.

These are the same dummies not getting shots.
I think you are wrong and making that connection due to automatic thinking.

You are grossly underestimating the amount of people who simply are apathetic or trust their immune system

Im pretty sure I would be too if I didn’t possess some degree of knowledge and work in healthcare. I’m not into yearly physicals n sh!t let alone going to get jabbed a couple times.

Knowing lots of people who caught it and got over it no problem contributes to the thought process.

I would say youth and risk taking tendencies are likely better correlates than refusing to watch NFL football.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
How is his mandates different than other countries?

If you haven't got a shot yet, I don't get how not mandating would make you get a shot.

The retards should have got their shots 3 months ago.

Like I said, I think the right thinks that fucking up JBs covid response is their ticket to taking power in 22 and 24.

When you say he's mandating, you mean the federal employees?
I’m referencing mandates that employers must require it.

I have no problem with the federal employee mandate.

I don’t care what other countries are doing. In the modern world we base methods of health promotion mostly on culture.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think you are wrong and making that connection due to automatic thinking.

You are grossly underestimating the amount of people who simply are apathetic or trust their immune system

Im pretty sure I would be too if I didn’t possess some degree of knowledge and work in healthcare. I’m not into yearly physicals n sh!t let alone going to get jabbed a couple times.

Knowing lots of people who caught it and got over it no problem contributes to the thought process.

I would say youth and risk taking tendencies are likely better correlates than refusing to watch NFL football.
Yes, but I think the people in the hospital are the dumb old automatic thinkers.

My sisters kid won't get the shot.

But he's living with a bunch of young trumpets.