*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
...not saying this is what's responsible for the apparent evidence of metal / magnets sticking to folks....

Just that the technology exists...
it's amazing what you consider "evidence"

and when I say amazing, I mean unfuckingbelievable

also, typcial Bother perversion of the science...magnetofection...LOL

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
OK, so the mask mandate is lifted today, but I seem to be the only one not wearing a mask...

This is twilight zone weird.

Wife sent me this...2:22 WTF? He doesn't say what you expect him to say - even worse!

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
OK, so the mask mandate is lifted today, but I seem to be the only one not wearing a mask...

This is twilight zone weird.

Wife sent me this...2:22 WTF? He doesn't say what you expect him to say - even worse!

It's simply unsafe to go without a mask:

The question answers itself (yes).

Also, you are enraging me by refusing to wear a mask.

• Angry
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Was in Mission Hills Ralph's an hour ago.

For background, every other house in Mission Hills has a yard sign reading "WE BELIEVE IN SCIENCE."

Yet literally 9/10 people in Ralph's wearing masks.

My new thing - if you are wearing a mask you must be an anti-vaxxer.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Was in Mission Hills Ralph's an hour ago.

For background, every other house in Mission Hills has a yard sign reading "WE BELIEVE IN SCIENCE."
If a neighbor ever puts up one of those retarded virtue-signaling tautologies, I'm going to put up the Apostle's Creed. Watching their faces would be all-time. What does it mean to "believe in science?" Did Johannes Kepler not "believe in science" because he wrote
"It now remains that at last, with my eyes and hands removed from the tablet of demonstrations and lifted up towards the heavens, I should pray, devout and supplicating, to the Father of lights: O Thou Who dost by the light of nature promote in us the desire for the light of grace, that by its means Thou mayest transport us into the light of glory, I give thanks to Thee, O Lord Creator, Who hast delighted me with Thy makings and in the works of Thy hands have I exulted… "
Yet literally 9/10 people in Ralph's wearing masks.
Many people are just going to keep wearing masks. They like the in-group signaling and virtue signaling ("I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE!"). They like the anonymity. They like like the self-oppression like the Flagellants of the 14th century.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
If a neighbor ever puts up one of those retarded virtue-signaling tautologies, I'm going to put up the Apostle's Creed. Watching their faces would be all-time. What does it mean to "believe in science?"
I really like the "Silence is Violence" signs because they indicate your neighbors without signs are violent MFers.

Many people are just going to keep wearing masks. They like the in-group signaling and virtue signaling ("I BELIEVE IN SCIENCE!"). They like the anonymity. They like like the self-oppression like the Flagellants of the 14th century.
Like the guy in the Youtube video @ 2:22 talking about how he doesn't deserve to be allowed to take his mask off?

Reactions: PRCD

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Power of habits.

Some people like to hide behind the mask.

I never got used to wearing one.

I might join a public gym this summer, now I don't need to wear a mask.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Yeah I only mask on the train now (still required) but NY is starting to really look like normal again. Some people still walking outside with them, but, to each their own. all restrictions officially lifted today

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
If a neighbor ever puts up one of those retarded virtue-signaling tautologies, I'm going to put up the Apostle's Creed. Watching their faces would be all-time. What does it mean to "believe in science?" Did Johannes Kepler not "believe in science" because he wrote

We still have to wear masks indoors

I will always wear masks on planes from now on, I fly too much and I've gotten sick too many times, I can't believe I never did it before

Johannes Kepler believed in the scientific method, which most people can't even describe even though the vast majority of their day to day life is a result of its rigorous application

Compared to Christians, whose religion seems to be based on saying certain things and doing the opposite

Reactions: racer1

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I might wear a mask indoors forever. I love it. Mask, sunglasses, hat. Nobody looks at me twice. Anonymity.

Definitely always wearing one when I travel from now on, like YCBS said I can't believe I never did it before.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Been wearing masks on planes for probably 15 years now. It was a no-brainer.

Too many people coughing and sneezing and slobbering all over the place and never covering their mouth.

a) fvck getting sick on vacation
b) Any head cold always goes to my ears, and only a fool gets on a plane with clogged ears. So when it's time to fly home I don't want to be sick. Tympanoplasty is something I don't want to repeat.