*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Yeah, but as soon as they all get the 5G chips installed and grow integral wah wah pedals, Jew be rockin'!!
When the chips get implanted into the goys, you won't be able to tell them apart from the jews.

Everyone will be all Wah, wah, wah.

IF you haven't developed your internal Jewdar (I have) you are going to be SOL.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Yay Israel!

We really should do whatever they do!

Take the vaccine or we will bulldoze your sh!t!

Good people, those Jews!
These types of things tend to be a blessing in disguise. If the hospitals don't want nurses who aren't ideologically-aligned, fine. Let the remaining nurses shoulder the workload. It just means more burnout and more bodies piling up outside. The furloughed nurses can go on the dole with the ultra-Orthodox who are not going to be coerced into getting the vaccine.

As this applies to the US, if they want to lay-off nurses who won't get the vaccine, fine. I'm sure you're tired of these exhausting patients anyways, and this is going to drag on another 12 months at least. The latest strain is even more contagious which means even more exhaustion. If they don't need your services, it just means fewer nurses and more burden for the rest. And more Boomers piling up in the morgue prematurely. This is bad, but the US is not lacking in people. We will live with whatever trade-offs we make. Life will go on even with a lot more death. Meanwhile, you can take a break. They have your number if they need you. Be sure to negotiate a substantial pay raise when they call you.

The other day, the son of a director of a major hospital was playing in my back yard with his cousin, my 3 boys, and several of the neighbor kids. If this got out, he'd be in big trouble. As it is, he's already afraid to meet with his brother for fear of bad publicity. These people are going to end up trapped in whatever snares they create for others which will be hilarious.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
The RT-PCR test has been key in both death and case counts.....and it's been used in a way that hugely biases false positives....with cycles up to and over 40. This has been a complaint from the truth community (i.e. crazy conspiracy theorists) since the very beginning. Well....now the WHO has joined the cult of crazy....essentially agreeing with them....

"Users of RT-PCR reagents should read the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is necessary to account for any background noise which may lead to a specimen with a high cycle threshold (Ct) value result being interpreted as a positive result. The design principle of RT-PCR means that for patients with high levels of circulating virus (viral load), relatively few cycles will be needed to detect virus and so the Ct value will be low. Conversely, when specimens return a high Ct value, it means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain. Thus, the IFU will state how to interpret specimens at or near the limit for PCR positivity. In some cases, the IFU will state that the cut-off should be manually adjusted to ensure that specimens with high Ct values are not incorrectly assigned SARS-CoV-2 detected due to background noise."

:foreheadslap:

And an editorial on the above....

Paging Hal to the white courtesy telephone....

Clayster

Phil Edwards status
Oct 26, 2005
The RT-PCR test has been key in both death and case counts.....and it's been used in a way that hugely biases false positives....with cycles up to and over 40. This has been a complaint from the truth community (i.e. crazy conspiracy theorists) since the very beginning. Well....now the WHO has joined the cult of crazy....essentially agreeing with them....

"Users of RT-PCR reagents should read the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is necessary to account for any background noise which may lead to a specimen with a high cycle threshold (Ct) value result being interpreted as a positive result. The design principle of RT-PCR means that for patients with high levels of circulating virus (viral load), relatively few cycles will be needed to detect virus and so the Ct value will be low. Conversely, when specimens return a high Ct value, it means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain. Thus, the IFU will state how to interpret specimens at or near the limit for PCR positivity. In some cases, the IFU will state that the cut-off should be manually adjusted to ensure that specimens with high Ct values are not incorrectly assigned SARS-CoV-2 detected due to background noise."

:foreheadslap:

And an editorial on the above....

Paging Hal to the white courtesy telephone....
It seems to be solidly established that the CT value we are using in the PCR test is creating high rates of false positives. Why don't our public health agencies fix this? Boggles the mind really, that upwards of 40% of the positive test results are false, and yet major policy decisions are based on the test results.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Ever since the coronavirus pandemic began, battles have raged over testing: Which tests should be given, to whom, and how often? Now, epidemiologists and public health experts are opening a new debate. They say testing centers should report not just whether a person is positive, but also a number known as the cycle threshold (CT) value, which indicates how much virus an infected person harbors
To a first order, isn't this well-approximated by the amount of symptoms the patient has? In other words, the more I'm coughing and sneezing, the more virus I'm shedding due to the higher viral load. Isn't this well-known?

It's rather hard to find qualified ICU nurses, at least here in the USA.
Competent technical people are rare, especially in our generation. It's easy to find incompetent technical people. The trade-off there is more malpractice suits.

I wish them the best sorting out all these trade-offs. You definitely don't want to leave this problem to the MBAs.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I love that the reliability of a PRC testing is presented as proof that Covid is conspiratorial hoax.
Al Gore's sea level predictions aren't accurate; the Greenhouse Effect doesn't exist.
A celestial body or cataclysmically large volcanic eruption could effect climate; no point worrying about Greenhouse Effect.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I love that the reliability of a PRC testing is presented as proof that Covid is conspiratorial hoax.
Interesting. I'm not seeing anybody (other than Bohter, but he doesn't count, right?) claim that its a hoax. Help me see where that claim is being made.