*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
If we end up with no vaccine, no treatment, no plan, and move on to "inform and update everyone while letting them make their own decisions " like we could have from the very start....we will be exactly where I said we would be, with inflated unemployment and currency. Thanks a lot team fear and hype!

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
If we end up with no vaccine, no treatment, no plan, and move on to "inform and update everyone while letting them make their own decisions " like we could have from the very start....we will be exactly where I said we would be, with inflated unemployment and currency. Thanks a lot team fear and hype!
The fear is worse than the cure or the disease. People aren't spending money out of fear of the future.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Watched most of this one last night.....new one from John Smith.....intro is a piece regarding how fear can be used to control you...and the like. A bit of history....

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
you left out some data:
how many dead or suffered serious health consequences in comparison?
also what would have happened to our healthcare institutions getting overrun?
how would society react getting turned away from hospitals?

Reactions: Aruka and mundus

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
The fear is worse than the cure or the disease. People aren't spending money out of fear of the future.
is that a bad thing? i think this has been touched upon in other posts/threads...the prospect of significant societal shifts in values that may result in certain parts of the economy never returning. not trolling, i really don't know...but after decades of abundance, excess, and conspicuous consumption, here and abroad, a realignment of values has a certain appeal.

put another way, GDP = make/sell/buy more stuff....should that really be the reference point, the metric, upon which we measure our progress as a society?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
you left out some data:
how many dead or suffered serious health consequences in comparison?
also what would have happened to our healthcare institutions getting overrun?
how would society react getting turned away from hospitals?

Unless you count imaginary deaths that you make up by assuming how many may have died if hospitals were overrun by your fantasy data curve,

The answer is zero.

0 lives saved.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
is that a bad thing? i think this has been touched upon in other posts/threads...the prospect of significant societal shifts in values that may result in certain parts of the economy never returning. not trolling, i really don't know...but after decades of abundance, excess, and conspicuous consumption, here and abroad, a realignment of values has a certain appeal.

put another way, GDP = make/sell/buy more stuff....should that really be the reference point, the metric, upon which we measure our progress as a society?

On a personal level, I enjoy it. Eating more at home. Not buying stupid stuff. Really appreciating what I do own that gives me joy (boards, car, bicycle, etc).

I definitely think we had too much sh!t and too much excess before.

We're talking about shutdown and disease, but the fear is what really stopped everything (e.g. Switzerland economy is fcked and they had minimal restrictions).

Reactions: CutnSnip and afoaf

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
And, what are they at normally?

How many beds are there?

Oh no, a percentage that looks high to me, with no context, so scary! :rolleyes:
AZ has added hundreds of ICU beds since virus out break but available ICU beds have been declining:

Virus hospitalizations in Texas have increased by 30 percent from June 16-22, 2020:

not a good situation; really need to see these numbers slow down ASAP.

Reactions: Havoc and afoaf

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Checked that AZ ICU bed stat. It has gone up some in the last month or so from early-mid May.

It went from 60-73% prior months of April into early May, and started climbing to 75-80% into mid-June.

There's a recent jump to 83-85% starting June 16. But, it's leveled off in that range everyday since. So, spike may be a one-off, and either stabilize there, or hopefully drop back down. We'll see.

So, in essence, it went from about 1000 ICU beds IN USE in April (spiked to 1200 one day, April 22), to about 1400 ICU beds IN USE today. An increase of 400 beds in use the last 2 months or so. This is the entire state of AZ. A state with a 7,280,000 population.

AZ as a state has gone from about 600 available ICU beds in April, to about 260-270 available ICU beds today. They still have 1265 Emergency Dept. beds available, if needed (about 55% of 2300 total).

Concerning?

Maybe somewhat, but not even close to impending "people dying on the street" by any hyped measure. If AZ gets in trouble, they'll just start shipping people off to other nearby states hospitals, like we have in CA from our border towns near TJ/Mexicali to further north cities and counties.

Reactions: stringcheese

Havoc

May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
AZ has added hundreds of ICU beds since virus out break but available ICU beds have been declining:

Virus hospitalizations in Texas have increased by 30 percent from June 16-22, 2020:

not a good situation; really need to see these numbers slow down ASAP.
it’s all so predictable.

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
So how much have any of you spent on sympathy cards, flowers and maybe some new dark colored dress shirts?

Just wondering? Cause you must have gone to at least a few memorial services and funerals for your close friends and family members that were one day healthy and walking around living their lives....

....and then they just suddenly DROPPED OVER DEAD from this killer "virus".

Do the math....Worldwide deadly killer "virus" should equal more people that YOU personally know that were HEALTHY and then just SUDDENLY DIED???

If so....you should all be marking your calendars and adjusting your busy schedules to attend ALL your CLOSE and ONCE HEALTHY friends and family members memorials and funerals.

But, that's not the case, is it? No, your all your close friends and family members are...still here.

You being lied to...think again. Don't listen to the lying MSM, they been lying to you the whole time.

You don't think so? Go ahead start asking all your close friends and family members,....

"Did anyone you know that was healthy, suddenly get this "killer, deadly virus" and suddenly die?"

Ask all your friends and ANYONE you meet, this question. And then do the math.

....I am goingoutside now....no one died from...a fake, made-up, scripted "story"...no, nobody died...sorry!

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
So how much have any of you spent on sympathy cards, flowers and maybe some new dark colored dress shirts?

Just wondering? Cause you must have gone to at least a few memorial services and funerals for your close friends and family members that were one day healthy and walking around living their lives....

Do the math....Worldwide deadly killer "virus" should equal more people that YOU personally know that were HEALTHY and then just SUDDENLY DIED???

If so....you should all be marking your calendars and adjusting your busy schedules to attend ALL your CLOSE and ONCE HEALTHY friends and family members memorials and funerals.

But, that's not the case, is it? No, your all your close friends and family members are...still here.

You being lied to...think again. Don't listen to the lying MSM, they been lying to you the whole time.

You don't think so? Go ahead start asking all your close friends and family members,....

"Did anyone you know that was healthy, suddenly get this "killer, deadly virus" and suddenly die?"

....I am goingoutside now....no one died from...a fake, made-up, scripted "story"...no, nobody died...sorry!
these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere in this thread. try to keep up.

Reactions: kelpcutter
Nov 2, 2018
these questions have been asked and answered elsewhere in this thread. try to keep up.

I don't know anyone who has died from drinking and driving.

Doesn't mean it isn't dangerous and I shouldn't do it.