*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
8. No making-out with strangers.
This never happens nowadays but if the chance arises, I'm doing it. I don't care if she Asian either if she good looking.

I don't want to brag but I have a pretty kick ass immune system.

I'll just have divert all the life force that hangs out in my reproductive system (i.e., my balls) and not beat off for a couple of days. :poop:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Going to Costco tomorrow because it's what I do every other Friday. Bringing my mouthpiece.
My sister was there yesterday and all the bottle water was gone.

Are the public water systems going to fail where you can't drink out of tap?

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
Not likely. However IF it gets really really bad, we may lose cell phoneo_O

I'm picking up some veggie seeds for my garden today.
If the schools close, I'm going to slave labor my kids into farming my back yard!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Okay this is going sound weird.

Due to early physical trauma I experienced as lad and having parents who were traumatized by WWII, I am in mobilized fight/flight state most of the time.

When there isn't a threat, that is bad because you create unnecessary tension when you should be doing higher order thinking and rest and repair work.

When there is a real threat, I actually get excited and happy because I can use the tension I am carrying in my body to take action.

Rather than matching my state to the environment, like I should, the environment matches to me.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
can a virus exist in / propagate from the ocean?
Here, this article will set your mind at ease.

Blurb:

Every time you swallow a mouthful of seawater while swimming at the beach, you’re downing about as many viruses as there are people in North America.

However, despite the staggering abundance of marine viruses — and the key role that these infectious agents seem to play in global processes like the carbon cycle — scientists still know relatively little about the variety of viruses that are out there. In 2015 a team documented 5,476 distinct kinds of viruses in the ocean. In 2016 the same team updated its count to 15,222.

But in a study published today in Cell, that number skyrockets to 195,728 distinct viral populations, a more than twelvefold increase.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I'm picking up some veggie seeds for my garden today.
If the schools close, I'm going to slave labor my kids into farming my back yard!
Can you live on radishes?

That is about the most surefire crop kids can grow, and quick too...like in 30 days from seed to table.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
I predict by the end of next week the US will be in full chaos.
~snip~

Wonderin' of we whom surfs will get sick, 1st?
Hope it's none of myyyy few friendz, nor me, or you too, whom erBB!
Wonderin' too, from where they, whom surf, will 1st be found, maybe down in Thee OC?
Yikes!

I feel fine.
And there's some fun South swell in the water too, here in L.A.
Yow!
:drowning:

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Ok, well I happen to benefit from a family email chain, that comes from a big wig at the DoD, Disaster Medicine office.
He's got ebola experience and deals with military as well.

Its a fairly long email, but I'd thougth I'd share what he recommends.

WE'RE SCREWED!!

nah jk for reals though...

Specific recommendations -

1. Don't panic and don't believe the BS on Fox News and Facebook.

2. Plan for your kids/grandkids out of school for a month or so, and perhaps to tele-work.

3. Cover ALL of your coughs and sneezes in the crook of your elbow.

4. If you have ANY symptoms - STAY home, stay in your room, use a separate bathroom. DO NOT go to the hospital unless it is serious (that's were the really sick people are).

5. Buy - acetaminophen and/or ibuprofen, hand sanitizer, bleach (liquid and wipes), cleaning gloves, maybe some regular masks.

6. You might want to stock up on some staple foods (pasta, rice, canned, cereal, whatever) so that you don't have to run to the grocery store as often (I really doubt food shortages would occur).

7. Don't go out partying, stay home and watch TV (not zombie or apocalypse movies).

8. No making-out with strangers. In Liberia we didn't shake hands, hug, or even pat people on the back - we bumped elbows as greeting.
You'll be fine. Just be safe.

I'm happy to forward his entire email just pm me your email if interested.

This is what I got from the mucky-mucks at my place of employment:

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Cases of novel coronavirus in the Bay Area remain low and the risk to the general public is also currently low. However, the global picture is changing rapidly and we need to be prepared.

Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat. The CDC recommends:
  • Proper handwashing is the most effective way to prevent illness
Regularly wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and regularly use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol.
  • Stay home when you're sick
Employees who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not come to work until they are free of fever (100.4° F [37.8° C] or greater using an oral thermometer), signs of a fever, and any other symptoms for at least 24 hours, without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g. cough suppressants).
  • Practice good cough and sneeze etiquette
Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve, not your hands. Sneeze or cough into your arm.
  • Get a flu Shot
It is currently flu and respiratory disease season and CDC recommends getting a flu vaccine, taking everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs, and taking flu antivirals if prescribed.
  • Stay informed
For up-to-date information regarding the Coronavirus, see the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) website, the California Department of Public Health website and the San Francisco Public Health Department website. Please see the CDC fact sheet on the novel coronavirus attached to this email.

As a precautionary step, I have asked staff to prepare an appendix to the continuity of operations plan to include preparation for a pandemic or for any situation that could impact our normal flow of business operations in the future. Please note that Human Resources will be testing the Omnilert emergency communications system soon to remind us all to update the system with our current contact information.

In the event local authorities, health departments or school districts decide to take action as a result of the virus, staff should protect themselves and their families by following their instructions. In those circumstances staff should check in with their individual supervisors regarding work, leave and scheduling as soon as possible. There are currently no plans to alter our work schedules or activities due to the novel coronavirus.

+++++++++++++++++++++

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Get a flu shot?

Yeah, let me head over to the doctor's office where everyone in the waiting room is coughing, sneezing etc.

Great idea.

Maybe last month, but now?

Not happening.