oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
"Talk about the good being done"
"We wiil get over this if we all do our part"

love this guy..straight shooter

22,151 unexpectedly wiped out in 46 days
that type of kill rate is pretty impressive
anything else out there kill that quickly and efficiently?
better than any "American Sniper" could ever accomplished
or "active shooter" in a school or disco
in a flat earth straight calculation that kill rate over 365 days 175,763 kills
amazing little bug
that on top of the flu kill rate is what? a quarter of a million weak cleaned up from our ranks.
more for the survivors Yeah!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
"Talk about the good being done"
"We wiil get over this if we all do our part"

love this guy..straight shooter

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Did not watch the whole thing, but he was speaking out of both sides of his mouth about the media.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
were any of you around when polio was ravaging the world?
kind of feels like the same with Covid just a different segment of the population
But when it comes to kids the world seems to act a bit differently than when its older people, the compromised and minorities
What if Salk never developed the vaccine, what would the world be like now?
Dear old mom told me these stories on the wave to get vaccines for:

1 tetanus
2 polio
3 measles...was it once called 'German Measles' or was that some special type of measles?
4 mumps
5 diphtheria
6 smallpox
7 pertussis and rubella...I don't even remember what these germs do to a person

I later repeated to myself same stories to myself when I went to get

8 Hep A/B
9 cholera
10 Shingles (maybe the most painful of all...two or three days later, my shoulder still hurt to use)
11 yearly influenza shot

Edit:

Leaving the typo 'wave' in :drowning:

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
It sucks but people are going to have to die of Covid for us to go back to relatively normal. The sooner we realize this the better off we will be in the end. I think more and more people are coming to this realization.
I think this 'realization' is being magnified by the way our society works (use to work? is starting to work?).

If we were an 'every life is precious' society, we might behave differently. Or maybe we laying the groundwork to

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
it's funny because the people that want a "reopening now" think those advocating caution are standing in their way.

we're not.

if tomorrow trump and every single governor said, "no more stay at home . . . do what you want" i'd basically do the same thing i've been doing since lock down started with the exception that i'd surf again.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
some good news folks
your money's here effective 4/15
check first thing 4/15 it's not allot but it's something
makes "tax day" feel a little better

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
it's funny because the people that want a "reopening now" think those advocating caution are standing in their way.

we're not.

if tomorrow trump and every single governor said, "no more stay at home . . . do what you want" i'd basically do the same thing i've been doing since lock down started with the exception that i'd surf again.
No, the various governmental entities are standing in the way

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Overreaction wasn't simultaneous with closing the World economy. We only now lowering the death estimates, due to shutting down World's economy.
How do we know we just didn't overestimate in the first place?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Overreaction wasn't simultaneous with closing the World economy. We only now lowering the death estimates, due to shutting down World's economy.
That’s not entirely true. All of the original models factored in social distancing and all of them incomprehensibly wrong.

Do you know what isn’t factored in to those models? Deaths and lives destroyed do to the economy being wrecked.

This whole shut down is so insanely destructive. Far beyond anything this virus was ever going to do.

Let’s get back to work.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
some good news folks
your money's here effective 4/15
check first thing 4/15 it's not allot but it's something
makes "tax day" feel a little better
“Hey, we just bankrupted you by destroying a business you started by pouring your life savings into it (you were doing great until we forced you to close), your kid is no longer being educated and all of your former employees are jobless. Here’s $1,200.”

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That’s not entirely true. All of the original models factored in social distancing and all of them incomprehensibly wrong.

Do you know what isn’t factored in to those models? Deaths and lives destroyed do to the economy being wrecked.

This whole shut down is so insanely destructive. Far beyond anything this virus was ever going to do.

Let’s get back to work.
I just want to see how the shutdown cheerleaders are going to be screeching 5 years from now