Official Bird & Nature Post

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
This channel has daily capybara updates.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Few days out at Santa Rosa Island stick fishing.
Supposed to work from Tuesday until tomorrow but only able to squeak in 2 days before getting chased home by the weather.
Beautiful start Tues. AM - sunrise w/Santa Cruz Island behind.
IMG_1962.jpg
Cedar Grove at Beechers
IMG_1966.jpg
Hundreds of these little guys landed on us over night
IMG_1965.jpg
No more fishing for you!
GO HOME!
Fog/storm coming in over Carrington last night.
IMG_1968.jpg

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
True story-

We were on the last 2.5 miles of an 8 mile hike in Bryce Canyon. This last section was along the rim of the canyon, back to the trailhead. I thought it would be pretty flat. It wasn't. At a certain point there was one big hill and my wife was starting to complain about the climb ( I had told her this section would be flat). Twice, climbing this particular hill I said, "We think we made it. This will be the top... " only for it to be a false summit. As we approached what really looked like the top, I told my daughter, "If this is not the summit, I'll eat crow." We got to the top and it was another false summit. Right at that moment a crow (or Raven, it was pretty big) came down and swooped right at me, a few feet over my head, and made a strange, quiet grunt/growl/grumble as it went past. As it left I yelled, "I was only joking!" Then it landed on this tree behind us and watched us proceed ...uphill.

IMG_9692.JPG

Last edited: