Official *** 2020 Supreme court nominee thread ***

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I don't see a problem with her.
The best judge is the one who follows the laws that Congress writes. If you don't like rulings, then elect lawmakers to write the laws you like.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I don't see a problem with her.
The best judge is the one who follows the laws that Congress writes. If you don't like rulings, then elect lawmakers to write the laws you like.
I usually think this way when it comes to judges, especially SCOTUS judges. They don't get as far as they do buy being totally biased and stupid. These are usually (with the exception of Kavanaugh) brilliant minds.

I hope you're right about her.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
It is far better to have elected people decide on how we should be governed, rather than non elected lifetime tenured judges. A judge who does what they think is "right" rather than following the law, is justg as much a facist as as tRump is.

If either side would be consistently honest, the nation would follow them

What the left really wants is a benevolent dictator to take care of them, and the right wants a malevolent dictator who will strike down their enemies

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
It is far better to have elected people decide on how we should be governed, rather than non elected lifetime tenured judges. A judge who does what they think is "right" rather than following the law, is justg as much a facist as as tRump is.

If either side would be consistently honest, the nation would follow them

What the left really wants is a benevolent dictator to take care of them, and the right wants a malevolent dictator who will strike down their enemies
I won‘t speak for the rest of the left but I would like single-payer healthcare and a parliamentary system where the bums can be thrown out at any given time.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I won‘t speak for the rest of the left but I would like single-payer healthcare and a parliamentary system where the bums can be thrown out at any given time.
The first half is doable but the second half would need a total rewrite of the Constitution.

Lance Mannion

Duke status
Mar 7, 2009
In Gods Country
"I don’t know a lot about Amy Coney Barrett. But I know she’s accepting nomination from a President actively trying to subvert a national election and threatening to hold on to power by force, an attack on the constitution unparalleled in American history. Do I need to know more? "

Dear Josh,
How about providing us with evidence supporting this assertion(bullshit).

Thank you

Reactions: potato-nator

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
You need legislators and the will of the people not judges. That's where the left fails though. They can't get legislation that goes against the will of the people and the Constitution through so they rely on activist judges.

PS: You know who didn't get to pick a Supreme Court Justice this week????? Hillary Fukkin Clinton. LOL!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: grapedrink