*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Didn’t go cause it was supposed to be dog sh!t. Reports say they were. Injured my ankle going down stairs at work instead. Always paddle out. My day would have been so much better.

• Sad
Reactions: oeste858 and Aruka

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Sunshine/Sunrise/Coolum? Not a bad place to be.
I surf there when the north catches more swell, or is more sheltered from winds, but my local is Wurtulla, as I live about 10 mins drive from there.

Reactions: jkb

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Water temp is down to 46F and the air is pretty cold as well. Got a quick post work session at my new favorite lefthander. Waves were pretty great right when we got out there but the fast dropping tide started to make it pretty weird after about an hour. Got about a dozen fun ones. Rinsed off in a waterfall on the hike back out. Stocked

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
well after surfing 27 out of 31 days in January, February hasn't been as stellar, yesterday i decided it was a must go out day and went down to the point after the rain stopped and it cleaned up enough to get a couple long ones with a mild mid day crowd, rode the extra volume pleasure pig to battle the longboarders and somewhat weak conditions and had an hour and a half of fun.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Fun waves at the local with, shockingly, mostly locals out. Chest high rights with clean faces and superb consistency. I was pretty wrecked from filling potholes and clearing out ditches along my driveway (the price we pay for solitude) but I managed to rally for an evening surf and was glad I did.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Fun waves at the local with, shockingly, mostly locals out. Chest high rights with clean faces and superb consistency. I was pretty wrecked from filling potholes and clearing out ditches along my driveway (the price we pay for solitude) but I managed to rally for an evening surf and was glad I did.
U forgot to add the sipping beers on the tailgate of ur truck while watching the sun set over the ocean while Sade plays on the radio

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Cruisy sesh on the 10'0" at one of SD's most famous kooky spots. Got vibed for not having bumpers stickers, board stands and a changing poncho but I got through it un-scathed
Board stands?!? Is that a thing? Enlighten this ignorant antipodean, please.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Dude. I hate to say it, but a changing poncho is legit:p
I know just where you’re talking about. Hope you managed to avoid the falling wavestorms and got some peelers. Smart to get out before the high tide. I missed my window. Walked the dog and then my 3 yr old just threw up... so gotta go take her to the pediatrician now.