*** Official 2020 Community Surf Journal ***

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I don't understand when wrapping a towel around your waist became too difficult.

If I had t!ts I could understand the changing dress, but otherwise there is no practical improvement over a towel.

Reactions: teeroi

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Yeti mug was keeping that mojo warm havoc!

TBH, I landed on my face over the weekend and have a nasty scab on my lip that I would like to heal so I don't look like this. This was my way of getting in the water without getting it wet.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Dawned Bowls. Checked the cam yesterday and it looked head high. Of course when I got there all my friends were telling me the classic should’ve been here yesterday. To get them back as soon as I paddled out I paddled into the first set that rolled in. Jerome was trying to hoho me off but I yelled you just got a right. They were trying to f*ck with me for my bad manners since they beat me out, but it put 3 of them out of position for the next 3 waves in the set. I was screaming at them as I was paddling out what’s wrong with that one, what’s wrong with that one, what’s wrong with that one, all unridden Hahaha.

Rode the twin and got a couple of roll in to straight up tags on some close outs. Kinda soft but fun and tons of sh*t talking and inappropriate jokes.

Oceanslide

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2008
Oceanside, CA
I understand, I just can't do it lol
Wife got me one for Xmas and finally tried it like a month later. Biggest size she could find and still def not meant for someone 6’3”. Felt like I was flashing when I bent down to pull the suit off. BUT, my kids f’ing love it and it makes their wetsuit on/off less of a haggle
while I deal with their gear. Win!

Odd small and walled surf on the Slot Noserider at dawn, but got 3-4 decent little
runners after I stopped bleeding from smashing my forehead into the corner of the hatch of the car. Dumbass.

Reactions: teeroi and Havoc

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I don't understand when wrapping a towel around your waist became too difficult.

If I had t!ts I could understand the changing dress, but otherwise there is no practical improvement over a towel.
35kt Wellington southerly, 45F and rain? Comes in handy :)

Reactions: Havoc

b.r.

Phil Edwards status
Dec 19, 2003
Leucadia
www.youtube.com
just returned from a really fun longboard session, was sunny today and not much wind with small peaks that kept coming in and my friend too tall and I just split the peak for an hour and a half, finally joined by a couple people, fun and long waves for how small it was, the snail tracks on the bottom of my longboard were fresh since i haven't used the l.b. for a while so i was operating at maximum slime speed. caught a ton of waves and was smiling the whole time....

Reactions: teeroi and jkb

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

honestly I used to hassle my buddy about the pancho thing but then I got one.

it's pretty nice when you've just finished surfing in mid 40's water, the air is in the 30's and it's windy and/or raining.

this morning was more of the same, waist-to-chest high rights. little more crowded but I got plenty. there was waves again in the evening but my back was feeling stiff and I just had no energy or desire to surf. must be getting old.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Small and inconsistent but got a couple fun running lefts that made it worth the hike. Overcast with a chilling sea breeze. My toes went numb after an hour so. Drove a little further South after my session just to check some sand bars and realized I'd probably surfed the wrong spot. Oh well. Went home and planted fruit trees in the rain. Tomorrow it's supposed to get big again and with favorable winds. It's also valentines day. GF says I can surf as long as I cook her some crab for dinner. Deal.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Got a chance to get some waves this Wednesday past.

1 Surfed overhead waves with Friend #1
2 Reef break lefts, occasional spooky right
3 Winds not so bad, I mean, onshore but gentle onshore
4 Mix of new swell and old decaying swell and windchop
5 At one point, for about 1/2 hr, it was just three people!
6 Got caught inside where the wave usually gets hollow and found it is only chest deep at that boil
7 Older surfer later tells me "That is where I broke my back a few years ago."
8 Got cleaned up a few times...wasn't paying attention to the current
9 Was not on my game, feeling effects from the headcold I had. Actually a day later, think the sea water helped flush my sinuses. So not a lot of good rides, more than the usual biffs.
10 Getting dressed at the car, older woman comes by to ask, "Did you see that Patrick Swayzie surf movie? Did they film any of it here?" "Ummm, I don't think they filmed any of it here."

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Fun waves this eve at the local. New swell filled in quickly. Lots of paddling to hold position on the peak. There were some legit good ones if you were in the right spot which wasn't easy.

Surfing a thruster in overhead rights makes me happy.