*** Official 2020 Billabong Pipe Masters Thread ***

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Over the weekend, social media and surf blogs identified Brazilian professional surfer and Pipe Masters entrant Yago Dora as a spreader suspect, based on an Instagram post in which he reported, in his native Portuguese, he had tested negative for COVID-19 before his Nov. 26 flight from Brazil to Dallas, Texas, but then tested positive in the Dallas airport and, rather than continuing his trip to Hawaii, went into isolation in a hotel room for 10 days.

Dora said he was released from isolation after 10 days but his COVID test remained positive, but that with the help of WSL he received an exemption “from the Hawaiian government” allowing him to fly to Hawaii and bypass the state’s 14-day quarantine for airport arrivals who lack proof of a negative COVID test taken at least 72 hours before their flight.

All the abov

kelly7873

Nep status
Jan 20, 2002
Honolulu
The Yago story is more about an athlete getting an quarantine exception, which he did not.
From the RedStarAdvertiser "with the help of WSL he received an exemption “from the Hawaiian government” allowing him to fly to Hawaii and bypass the state’s 14-day quarantine"
He quarantined in Dallas for 10 days but was still testing positive which I guess is normal. I don't know how normal it is to get an exception.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
The Yago story is more about an athlete getting an quarantine exception, which he did not.
My comment was towards the quoted story from Oneula.

the 10day thing after mild symptoms is becoming more common. testing positive for a while after you have antibodies is a normal thing.no longer replicating or contagious but still shows up on a PCR test.

makes sense there is an exception for those who had it with a doctor signing off on their condition.