Obama’s documentary gets an Oscar nomination...

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
True, didn't seent it yet

The trailer look fantastique.

One thing about the trailer, the hype about Macedonia being "a world apart from any civilization" or something like that, is a bit of an exaggeration and was a bit irksome but I will reserve the judgement until I see it, unlike some. :poop:
Cinematography was top notch.
White trash is everywhere, even Macedonia.

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Why does fecal say “watch the film” while rice says “watch the movie”? Does this make the distinction that one is a super hip industry guy, while the other is just some dotard with popcorn down the collar of his shirt?

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
We watched Honeyland Saturday night. A well filmed, brutally honest portrayal of life on the edge in the poorest country in Europe. You could almost feel the misery and bee stings in 4K. I was rooting for it to win something at the Oscars.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Why does fecal say “watch the film” while rice says “watch the movie”? Does this make the distinction that one is a super hip industry guy, while the other is just some dotard with popcorn down the collar of his shirt?
Ya, I was always wondered how he had to spend so much time rendering CGI "film".

Does the "film" camera have an app for that?

How much "film" is actually shot anymore?

Maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but isn't film converted to CGI and then back to film for distribution, at best?

Film is much more romantic though.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Heard is was disturbing. No thanks. Plus we just got back from being in Sweden for midsommar.
SPOILER ALERT

I've never been to Sweden, but after seeing the movie apparently you should never accept unpackaged food or drink of any kind from Swedes. Also, you're probably not a vegetarian anymore.

Last edited:

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
That's not fair. We all know that if Trump was associated at all in the making of a film, it would be straight GARBAGE. You know that.
You are only saying that because of your political views.

It's because you have TDS bro

Didn't Steve Bannon, the great American filmmaker, made the film for him?

Why wasnt he nominated for an Oscar?

I bet you can't answer that.

Oh and isn't Guliani making a film that will clear Trump of all wrongdoing in Ukraine?

It's going to be a Cannes winner for sure. :poop:

"Movie" is an American thing.

Nothing hip about saying film, it's just what I always called it.

The real hip industry guys call it "picture".

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
SPOILER ALERT

I've never been to Sweden, but after seeing the movie apparently you should never accept unpackaged food or drink of any kind from Swedes. Also, you're probably not a vegetarian anymore.
We were actually in Sweden and my daughter saw the trailer for it on her phone, whilst wearing the flowers in her hair and everything for midsommar, and was like, Oh, HELL, no.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I just watched a bunch of the breakdowns on Midsommar

still not really digging it

overwrought and not compelling beyond its surrealism

Reactions: FecalFace

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
Ya, I was always wondered how he had to spend so much time rendering CGI "film".

Does the "film" camera have an app for that?

How much "film" is actually shot anymore?

Maybe I'm totally wrong on this, but isn't film converted to CGI and then back to film for distribution, at best?

Film is much more romantic though.
Well, it's not video either. So what do you call it?

You've already embarrassed yourself in a discussion about synthesizers, now you're coming back for more topics you don't know much about.

What's next, climate change?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Well, it's not video either. So what do you call it?

You've already embarrassed yourself in a discussion about synthesizers, now you're coming back for more topics you don't know much about.

What's next, climate change?
Your the media guy what do you call it?

Zeros and Ones doesn't quite cut it.