NVS

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
I finally bit the bullet and bought some NVS fins. I'm absolutely hooked. They livened up what I thought was a dead board, completely resurrecting it. Significantly faster and looser in both sets I've tried so far. The C-drives are a real trip - everyone should grab a pair.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Series lll?
Pretty sure they are, their foil is pretty different than my other twins.

nvs seems to do a pretty chitty job listing on the site what is and isn’t seriesII vs seriesIII.

I guess it’s possible seriesIII is a bunch of bs and just gives them an excuse to start from a thinner panel and therefore less time on CNC and wasted material.

Reactions: need 4 speed

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
I have the NVS Fascination twins in my Album Sunstone and love them. I was never a huge fan of traditional keel fins and these seem really well balanced. No track, lots of drive. I also love the NVS uprights in my Twinsman and will soon try them in my Townsend when it's ready.

Reactions: Aruka and sdsrfr

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
I guess it’s possible seriesIII is a bunch of bs and just gives them an excuse to start from a thinner panel and therefore less time on CNC and wasted material
It looks, to my untrained eye, that they moved the cord back from the leading edge a bit
I was wondering if that would = slightly less lift

Reactions: Aruka

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Definitely seems to be a difference between the G10 Greg uses and the NVS G-10. One of those foil series doesn’t seem like it has any foil. Bought a set of the Poopys for my kid. Almost flat on the outside, the one with the chord moved back. The fin is super thin.

Reactions: need 4 speed

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I’m thinking like OG vs modern airplane wings.

so I guess if you’re just going down the line or the waves have no push, you prefer the low speed lift. If you’re doing HP acrobatic chit you could carry more speed with the naca foil?

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
I have the NVS Fascination twins in my Album Sunstone and love them. I was never a huge fan of traditional keel fins and these seem really well balanced. No track, lots of drive. I also love the NVS uprights in my Twinsman and will soon try them in my Townsend when it's ready.
how well do your fins fit in their boxes? I had to sell off my NvS futures because of too much side to side wobble. I have FCS 1’s that I had to sand in areas to get them flush w my boards, but the side screws fix em in tight.

SD_Dan

OTF status
Jan 23, 2019
how well do your fins fit in their boxes? I had to sell off my NvS futures because of too much side to side wobble. I have FCS 1’s that I had to sand in areas to get them flush w my boards, but the side screws fix em in tight.
I had to sand down a couple sets of my futures fins from NVS to fit them in my boards. They fit nice and snug but had to work a bit to get them in there. My latest set fit without any sanding.

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
The few NVS sets I have all fit great. Mines all futures.

My last 2 sets of Captainfins though both needed a good amount of sanding to fit.

Chee-to

Michael Peterson status
Jan 11, 2002
Just got a set of trailers and the were tight as a mo fo. oh well, better than loose.
Most of mine are slightly too tight and need sanding, but it varies heavily board to board. Futures has shitty QC on boxes because their molds are all aluminum instead of steel.

kpd73

Nep status
Apr 5, 2014
Can anyone speak to the Radness or Sadness of the NVS bonzer fins?

I have a 7'2 Russ Short roundpin that is quietly begging for 6.75"?
Thanks!