NVS

Lohena

OTF status
Oct 30, 2019
I'm interested in hearing anybody's review of their fins. The new Taylor Knox, Peregrine, and bamboo construction look interesting. They are offering to donate 15% of your purchase to a shop of your choice.

Reactions: MathDebater

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I'm interested in hearing anybody's review of their fins. The new Taylor Knox, Peregrine, and bamboo construction look interesting. They are offering to donate 15% of your purchase to a shop of your choice.
I have a set of Quads and like them. Well made, good fit, price was right and excellent Customer Service. Had them for over a year now...

Reactions: chilly1 and Lohena

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I’ve been ordering sets for around six months. Got the L and M AM set in Apex construction. Which is made with G10 material. Recently got the L Peregrine set in Apex construction . The Peregrine is the K2.1 template.

The Apex fins are on the thinner side but the G10 is rigid. The thinner fins keep flex, without it being a wet noodle. The foiling is very nice. CNC cut so the same every time or very close. They sit flush in the boxes.

Only hassle is getting the two tab version I have to put screws in my FCS 2 plugs. All the surf shops are closed so I had to take screws out of older boards and ordered some screws online. Good thing I’m not all thumbs and in a rush like Havoc, I haven’t stripped any plugs yet. Haha.

The pricing has been great. They email me discount codes every so often. Last thruster set was under $70 for G10 delivered to my door. Didn’t know they were offering money to my local surf shop or I would’ve opted for that in place of my discount.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
I’ve been ordering sets for around six months. Got the L and M AM set in Apex construction. Which is made with G10 material. Recently got the L Peregrine set in Apex construction . The Peregrine is the K2.1 template.

The Apex fins are on the thinner side but the G10 is rigid. The thinner fins keep flex, without it being a wet noodle. The foiling is very nice. CNC cut so the same every time or very close. They sit flush in the boxes.

Only hassle is getting the two tab version I have to put screws in my FCS 2 plugs. All the surf shops are closed so I had to take screws out of older boards and ordered some screws online. Good thing I’m not all thumbs and in a rush like Havoc, I haven’t stripped any plugs yet. Haha.

The pricing has been great. They email me discount codes every so often. Last thruster set was under $70 for G10 delivered to my door. Didn’t know they were offering money to my local surf shop or I would’ve opted for that in place of my discount.
Which center fin option did you go with on the Peregrine set? I think it’s cool that they offer two different ones.

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA

The pricing has been great. They email me discount codes every so often. Last thruster set was under $70 for G10 delivered to my door. Didn’t know they were offering money to my local surf shop or I would’ve opted for that in place of my discount.Does their AM set ride similar to Future/FCS AM1s and 2s?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How is the weight of the G10 compared to a normal glass fin?
I just compared two side fins, a fiberglass Creatures Arc L which is basically an AM2 vs. the NVS AM2. The NVS has a noticeably thinner foil with the apex of the foil further back (still ahead of center) while the Arc has a bit more thickness from base to tip and a more forward foil. The outline of the two fins line up at the base and through the midsection but the NVS has a slightly more reduced tip. I also compared a Futures AM2 techflex and its foil and outline was more in line with the Arc than the NVS.

Weight wise the fiberglass Arc was the heaviest @ 3.3oz. vs. NVS @ 3.22oz. A negligible difference that is probably mostly due to the difference in overall thickness and foil. I would assume if the two fins were perfectly identical the g10 would be a little heavier than fiberglass.

AM2 tech was significantly lighter at 2.6oz.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
I just compared two side fins, a fiberglass Creatures Arc L which is basically an AM2 vs. the NVS AM2. The NVS has a noticeably thinner foil with the apex of the foil further back (still ahead of center) while the Arc has a bit more thickness from base to tip and a more forward foil. The outline of the two fins line up at the base and through the midsection but the NVS has a slightly more reduced tip. I also compared a Futures AM2 techflex and its foil and outline was more in line with the Arc than the NVS.

Weight wise the fiberglass Arc was the heaviest @ 3.3oz. vs. NVS @ 3.22oz. A negligible difference that is probably mostly due to the difference in overall thickness and foil. I would assume if the two fins were perfectly identical the g10 would be a little heavier than fiberglass.

AM2 tech was significantly lighter at 2.6oz.
Nice. Thanks Aruka

ANIMA

Legend (inyourownmind)
Feb 11, 2020
Planet Earth
That was a shitty video.
I thought so too. The guys from NVS didnt have very much time to talk and Noel and didnt really talk in depth about the fins and then it seemed like he cut them off and ended the video. I really hope he considers re-doing this video after he's tested the fins some more. A facetime or some sort of audio from Maurice on the C-drive would be epic... or just letting the guys from NVS talk a little more would be great.

Also... if the C-drive is a keel base with the fin carved out for pivot, it wouldnt make sense that Noel tried the large when they recommended the medium? I think the G-10 epoxy is a huge benefit in these fins. I think these guys are going to do well if they continue on the same track.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I have the GL Thruster and AM (L) trailers and a twin trailer fin from NVS. All in G10 construction. Excellent fins and the G10 is really rigid and feel really good.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I'm curious to try the twin set (without the stabilizer). My concern is weight. I tried FCSII Power Twins and while they had tons of drive, they were heavy and a little tracky during cutbacks. MR's were pretty blah. I really liked the AM twins, probably since they had most of the drive of the Power Twins, but were lighter and didn't fight me as much on turns.

Last edited:
Reactions: ANIMA

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I thought so too. The guys from NVS didnt have very much time to talk and Noel and didnt really talk in depth about the fins and then it seemed like he cut them off and ended the video. I really hope he considers re-doing this video after he's tested the fins some more. A facetime or some sort of audio from Maurice on the C-drive would be epic... or just letting the guys from NVS talk a little more would be great.

Also... if the C-drive is a keel base with the fin carved out for pivot, it wouldnt make sense that Noel tried the large when they recommended the medium? I think the G-10 epoxy is a huge benefit in these fins. I think these guys are going to do well if they continue on the same track.
To be fair to Noel, the guys from NVS weren't very talkative/informative, and getting anything out of them was like pulling teeth.