No more Military Flyovers with a Kamala Biden Ticket.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Did I say they wanted us there? No. I said we are there and our being there eases the burden of their own self defense.
Okay, but let's not pretend that the US is there for someone else's benefit.

American exceptionalism has been a thing for a while.

Closing all military bases abroad would still not bring the military spending down enough to be considered normal.

Why is our freedom so expensive? :unsure:

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Patriotism and scoundrels
There's a bit of scoundrel in reflexively bashing one's own country too. It's just as easy, if not easier, and just as safe. I've met these scoundrels in many walks of life and the more political the more insufferable is the rule. Side of the aisle is not an indicator of this sort of stupidity. People should stop worshiping these false idols.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Okay, but let's not pretend that the US is there for someone else's benefit.
Never said any such thing.

American exceptionalism has been a thing for a while.
I wonder if you know what “American exceptionalism“ actually means. Maybe you do but I’d be surprised.

Closing all military bases abroad would still not bring the military spending down enough to be considered normal.
I don’t know what “normal” would be.

Why is our freedom so expensive? :unsure:
At this point it’s largely due to what has been referred to as the military industrial complex. It’s hard to sell new weapons systems when you haven’t been using the old ones.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Yes.

Spending was increased in real dollars. I was responding to a claim about the percentage of the total federal budget (about 16% under Obama and about 13% under Trump), which fecal claimed to be “1/3 of the total“ federal spending (33%).

I‘m actually a little surprised by this btw, given the highly touted/criticized increases in the military budget under Trump.

And yes, it was increased 14%. That does not mean that it went from 13% of the federal budget to 27% of the federal budget. I assume you understand this.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Here’s 2019 (percentage of the budget for military is less under Trump than it was under Obama)....

]View attachment 99605
Holy smoke. Interest on the debt was only 7% eight years ago and now it's almost 25%. How soon before it swallows the entire budget? So much for MMT.

Notice defense spending has actually fallen as a percentage of the budget from 15% - 10%. I suspect much of this is due to getting mostly out of these foreign military adventures - stuff Obama said he would do but didn't.

You, by the way, are one of the few people who actually looks at the budget.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
If you guys are so against the military, why would you vote for Biden who is from the same globalist bent that had us in wars all over the planet. Trump has been drawing our forces abroad down and has not started wars. Isn't that what you guys want?
Anybody but tRump

Makule

Michael Peterson status
Aug 31, 2004
Somewhere between heaven and hell
I don't get your point with that one. Off to college in 87. Married in 92. By the time 9/11 happened we'd just had our 3rd child and had lost our first child to pediatric cancer a year earlier. 2 months before 911 my wife who was 7 months pregnant fell and broke her leg badly above the knee giving birth a couple weeks before 911 still basically immobile and recovering from the broken leg. At 32 and under the circumstances I don't think that would have been quite feasible to enlist and leave my family after 911. 99-01 was a stretch of time for us that made 2020 look like childsplay. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. Nice try at some faux outrage though.
You were still young enough to enlist after 2005. I know guys that reenlisted during the 1st Golf War. And they were in their 40's. I noticed a lot of people my age and older are all super supportive of the Military but then they were of age during Vietnam they rather smoke joints and go surfing. You're no different.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
you were a prime age for the first gulf war, but you weren't inclined towards military service. Its cool
Just another fake patriot, no surprise look at the draft dodger he would crawl over broken glass to vote for, Gromsdud and ilk are a true disgrace to this once fine country.