No more BBQ thread?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I'm a good cook but dem be some learnt bbq skillz I simply don't have.My bbq friends do it right like that, I bring the beer and stuff.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That sure looks good.

Never tried a brisket before. I believe it won't turn out as good if you don't have a lead to close your grill and let it "smoke", but what do I know.

It's on my bucket list though, but there are other (easier) cuts I want to try first.

Having a grill at home is killing me, I'm eating so much meat I'm getting fat as a pig.
Meat won't make you fat. IT's the carbs that go with it.

Meat with vegetables is the best way to get lean.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Those cuts always looked over cooked to me.

I like my steaks like my vaginas. Wet and bloody
You can’t think of them as a steak. The off cuts are far more flavorful when done right and can still be very juicy, but they require a different cooking strategy. Kind of like an OC trophy milf.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I thought for most of my life that I liked my meat more around Well Done... but then I realized that I just like the delicious flavor of the crust we get with the Maillard reaction. So as long as the fire is really, really hot to create that crust, Medium rare to medium is the best way to go for me.

Reactions: Chocki

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I thought for most of my life that I liked my meat more around Well Done... but then I realized that I just like the delicious flavor of the crust we get with the Maillard reaction. So as long as the fire is really, really hot to create that crust, Medium rare to medium is the best way to go for me.
Here we have “término inglés”, it’s between rare and medium rare. That’s what I like with a rib cut up to 3cm thick.

Oct 11, 2019
I'll have a joint of beef on the BBQ this Sunday which should hopefully be lovely :). I also plan to slow cook a joint of lamb in the next few weeks, so looking for suggestions on the best joint (leg, saddle, leg roll, shoulder.....) and seasoning to use.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
This was really really tasty, falling a part in your mouth. Part of the stake was not as tall though and ended up well done. I'll be more careful with that in the future. Good thing most of the steak was perfect.

ponto-da-carne.jpg

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
Same same. Pretty easy to make a good steak at home. As for restaurants, steaks have poor margins, which is why you often see off cuts on menus (which can still be great, don't get me wrong). Or its an overpriced 1 pound rib eye that nobody orders that is intentionally overpriced as an "anchor item" in order to lead your eye to other items that are almost as price, but with better margins.

My exception is Jockos Steakhouse in Nipomo. This place absolutely rips if you want a great, BBQ steak. you can sit in the dining room and look out the window and watch them cook your dinner up on an open local oak/madrone BBQ pit.

Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
My exception is Jockos Steakhouse in Nipomo. This place absolutely rips if you want a great, BBQ steak. you can sit in the dining room and look out the window and watch them cook your dinner up on an open local oak/madrone BBQ pit.
oooh...I will try this next time I'm in that zone.

thanks for the recco

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
oooh...I will try this next time I'm in that zone.

thanks for the recco
Yeah it’s legit. Plus it’s a fixed menu with all the sides, including dessert. None of that paying extra to order sides of baked potato or creamed spinach bullshiat