NJ Gym Owners Plan to ‘Make a Stand,’ Defy Gov. Murphy and Reopen

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
Bunch of jersey meatheads against cops? popcorn!

The Brobellion
They don't give a sh!t about anyone's rights. It's 50% "no one tells me what to do" & 50% thinking that getting arrested on the local news makes them look like a badass.
Throw these fuckers in prison for a bit, if they're that committed to the gym they should enjoy lifting in the yard

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
power cage is awesome but if you can’t handle that much testosterone in your home getting a trap deadlift bar is a nice cheapish minimalist option as centerpiece of lower body training

I have one from these guys and I still use frequently even though I also have a power rack

I actually have the non-rack able version but if I did it over again I would get the rack able version like the above link so I could do overhead presses with the bar in the power rack
I love doing over head presses with those.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
They don't give a sh!t about anyone's rights. It's 50% "no one tells me what to do" & 50% thinking that getting arrested on the local news makes them look like a badass.
Throw these fuckers in prison for a bit, if they're that committed to the gym they should enjoy lifting in the yard
Bro. Gotta get ready for Djai's.

I love doing over head presses with those.
Billy, do you have a squat rack? If so, is there one you could recommend?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

Billy, do you have a squat rack? If so, is there one you could recommend?
I have one of these

It’s awesome- I love it

I got it for 3 reasons:

1. I have a gym room in my house (not garage/basement). I didn’t want to have to bolt the rack to the floor. This thing is flat footed, with rubber feet to protect the floor. It’s super solid, doesn’t move.

2. I also wanted safety straps instead of metal safeties to protect my barbells. This rack comes with safety straps. A lot of others it’s an up charge. The straps are awesome- beyond being great as safeties, I lift direct off of them all of the time (e.g., when doing hang cleans)

3. this rack is taller than a lot of other racks. I can easily overhead press inside the rack and I’m 6’0. A lot of racks are too short for this. It’s also great for pull-ups because I can dead hang from the pull-up bar and my feet don’t touch the ground

lve had this rack for over 2 yrs now and I use it about 5 days per week

Kind of expensive but totally worth it. It’s actually not that expensive when you compare to surfboards

lf I was putting a rack in a basement and would be ok with bolting to the floor, I would get this one, which is significantly cheaper. I would still upgrade to the safety straps though

Definitely go for the full power rack rather than an open squat stand

I had a squat stand at one time and I got rid of it. It’s just really not even as close to as safe as squatting inside a cage. It’s really not worth the risk

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I have one of these

It’s awesome- I love it

I got it for 3 reasons:

1. I have a gym room in my house (not garage/basement). I didn’t want to have to bolt the rack to the floor. This thing is flat footed, with rubber feet to protect the floor. It’s super solid, doesn’t move.

2. I also wanted safety straps instead of metal safeties to protect my barbells. This rack comes with safety straps. A lot of others it’s an up charge. The straps are awesome- beyond being great as safeties, I lift direct off of them all of the time (e.g., when doing hang cleans)

3. this rack is taller than a lot of other racks. I can easily overhead press inside the rack and I’m 6’0. A lot of racks are too short for this. It’s also great for pull-ups because I can dead hang from the pull-up bar and my feet don’t touch the ground

lve had this rack for over 2 yrs now and I use it about 5 days per week

Kind of expensive but totally worth it. It’s actually not that expensive when you compare to surfboards

lf I was putting a rack in a basement and would be ok with bolting to the floor, I would get this one, which is significantly cheaper. I would still upgrade to the safety straps though

Definitely go for the full power rack rather than an open squat stand

I had a squat stand at one time and I got rid of it. It’s just really not even as close to as safe as squatting inside a cage. It’s really not worth the risk

Fark yeah.....that's a great setup!

Reactions: Billy Ocean

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I've always been a South Jersey person, mostly at the beach for Jews and Italians. Drove by Djai's one night last summer as was extremely confused...where did these people crawl out from and what are they in line for?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I've always been a South Jersey person, mostly at the beach for Jews and Italians. Drove by Djai's one night last summer as was extremely confused...where did these people crawl out from and what are they in line for?

They came from Staten Island. They came to dance I guess. And slip all over the floor from all the grease.

I guess they came for some action but the male:female ratio is very skewed. So many bros.

I've never set foot in that place and hope I never do. I often walk the dog past it or skate past just laughing.