NJ Gym Owners Plan to ‘Make a Stand,’ Defy Gov. Murphy and Reopen

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
This type of sentiment will only grow as the lockdown disproportionately harms the lower end of the economy:

In a nearly 30-minute conversation that covered the current financial situation and several times mentioned constitutional rights like the 14th Amendment, Smith was sharply critical of the current economic situation. He mentioned stores owned by large corporations are open if they provide essential goods while several small businesses remain closed.
And officials have said that it’s safe to go out with proper precautions like wearing a mask, keeping your hands clean and maintaining social distance, Smith pointed out.
“If you can walk into Walmart with a relatively low chance of endangering yourself...you can walk into a gym,” he said.

Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
The absolute worst place to open up would be a gym, everybody sweating, spitting, breathing heavy. FFS did everybody forget about body weight exercises and good old fashioned running for cardio?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I discussed this on the non-jerk forum.....I may permanently cancel my gym membership. I've been enjoying my at-home workouts, trail running, going for runs in town, kettlebells, pushups, pull-ups, jumping rope, burpees. The only thing I'd change is maybe to get a squat bar setup and that doesn't require very much room.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
I discussed this on the non-jerk forum.....I may permanently cancel my gym membership. I've been enjoying my at-home workouts, trail running, going for runs in town, kettlebells, pushups, pull-ups, jumping rope, burpees. The only thing I'd change is maybe to get a squat bar setup and that doesn't require very much room.
power cage is awesome but if you can’t handle that much testosterone in your home getting a trap deadlift bar is a nice cheapish minimalist option as centerpiece of lower body training

I have one from these guys and I still use frequently even though I also have a power rack

I actually have the non-rack able version but if I did it over again I would get the rack able version like the above link so I could do overhead presses with the bar in the power rack

Reactions: hal9000

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I feel you, and I mainly agree. Although I can't replace sparring but for pure exercise you can do a lot with very little. Gallon jugs of water can go a really long way for arm and chest exercises too

However, it doesn't matter what works for me or you, the idea of this resistance is what is attractive. More and more industries should do this together. Just like I said from the beginning, they can't stop us all

Reactions: hal9000

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I feel you, and I mainly agree. Although I can't replace sparring but for pure exercise you can do a lot with very little. Gallon jugs of water can go a really long way for arm and chest exercises too

However, it doesn't matter what works for me or you, the idea of this resistance is what is attractive. More and more industries should do this together. Just like I said from the beginning, they can't stop us all
Such a brave freedom fighter.

Super66

Legend (inyourownmind)
Dec 24, 2019
The absolute worst place to open up would be a gym, everybody sweating, spitting, breathing heavy. FFS did everybody forget about body weight exercises and good old fashioned running for cardio?
Otherwise known as mundus climbing a flight of stairs.