Never forget…

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
And that's why the school closures were so criminal.

We damaged a generation of young people because the gerontocracy in charge was scared of getting sick

The youth are always more important than the elderly
Sorry. Not really a participant in this debate. I check in from time to time and find I’m ten to fifteen pages behind and you guys are still arguing about the same sh!t.

But this post caught my attention because of the general tendency of the political right to flog public education. But now the argument is without it kids go crazy and become stupid.

:unsure:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Sorry. Not really a participant in this debate. I check in from time to time and find I’m ten to fifteen pages behind and you guys are still arguing about the same sh!t.

But this post caught my attention because of the general tendency of the political right to flog public education. But now the argument is without it kids go crazy and become stupid.

My sister said, maybe people will realize how important education is?

I said, "Are you fucking retarded? They hate teachers. Nothing can change that. Take away their pensions and lower their pay!"

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
But you keep coming back.

The left argues it's essential - more essential than parents. By its own standards, closing it down worked out poorly wouldn't you say?

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
Public Education can be excellent and is far better than nothing/staying home.
School choice would create an even better product for those who can least afford it

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
School choice would create an even better product for those who can least afford it
You taught in public ed but you don't understand how it works?

Makes sense.

So much magical thinking for the NFers.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Everyone who lives in Logan Heights can choose to fly on public helicopters to schools in Del Mar. Great idea

• Love

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

ilk'd!

schex

Miki Dora status
Jun 9, 2015
OB/Point Loma
You taught in public ed but you don't understand how it works?

Makes sense.

So much magical thinking for the NFers.
Yes I understand
Govt contracts
Unions
Decisions made far away from reality

swollen Dept of Ed, layers and layers of employees and waste
But if I am you or Kidfurry I just send my kids to a fancy private school that has far better education for a fraction of the price.

HYPOCRITES

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There would have been so much more outcry if it hadn't been an SUP.

I wonder what they would have done if it was a kiteboarder (on a windier day). It would have been a great show for them to use the wake or any other chop to air over the boat, bonk the antenna, good stuff like that.

I've been trying to find it because it actually gets better. There was a concerned citizen up here who wanted the ocean closed because sharks could get infected with Covid and spread it among the other sea life. From what I remember, it was a serious plea too.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
There would have been so much more outcry if it hadn't been an SUP.

I wonder what they would have done if it was a kiteboarder (on a windier day). It would have been a great show for them to use the wake or any other chop to air over the boat, bonk the antenna, good stuff like that.

I've been trying to find it because it actually gets better. There was a concerned citizen up here who wanted the ocean closed because sharks could get infected with Covid and spread it among the other sea life. From what I remember, it was a serious plea too.
There were whispers of pet euthanasia at one point too

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Is he spot on about everything or only what supports what you’ve been saying all along?
i don't disagree with his comment that masks "help a little"

people want to wear masks that's just fine by me

but just because something might "help a little" doesn't mean the government or corporations are justified in stepping in and mandating it

in this case the mandates were clearly NOT justified - the data makes that clear. there were no significant differences in aggregate outcomes between FL and CA when adjusted for age.

i think that about covers it, right? did he make any other salient points other than "lockdowns were stupid" and masks "help a little"?

Last edited:

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Hits keep coming, yet there will still be the defenders

View attachment 177429
please note the glaring lack of link, source, or date information

and ifallalot says he went to college

fkn slobs

and, just as I mentioned in the other thread, the article explicitly discusses the post hoc revision of figures as more accurate data was made available

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

#ifailalot

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot