Never forget…

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
at least they are updating the messaging now!

that's a sign of progress

but, of course, based on the data provided the last time this argument occurred, is still a stretch

the majority of teachers are in the at risk age demos at 50-65

"working age" is just wiggle words, as usual
55-60 wasn't even an at risk demo

1711122743353.png

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Where's the lie here?
He said the stayed open.

They didn't.

They opened earlier than the CDC recommended.

Big whoop.

And 30% of the students chose remote instructions. Think of the trauma for that 30%!

30% is a significant amount.

Teaching remotely and in class at the same time is untenable.

My sister did it and it broke her, I think.

I would bet money it was a sh!t show.

Like I said, I would rather teach in class.

Remote wasn't even teaching.

But teaching remotely and in class at the same time with social distancing and masks isn't teaching either.

Pandemics are difficult

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
He said the stayed open.

They didn't.

They opened earlier than the CDC recommended.

Big whoop.

And 30% of the students chose remote instructions. Think of the trauma for that 30%!

30% is a significant amount.

Teaching remotely and in class in untenable.
When did they open?

My district opened when the school year started in July, and so many kids came from the closed districts they had to start turning kids away due to overcrowding

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
i will never forget that i was paid relatively well to not work for a year. that was awesome! bring on the next one!
I will never forget that the local governments in the red counties closed and/or severely restricted beach access, including full blackball of non-boat-access, for the best chunk of the spring surf season AND the weather was incredible and the only thing there was to do was go jogging or ride the road bike because all the parks were on lockdown. Oh and Ronda Sanctis closed the blue counties by edict from Tallahasshole.

I'll also never forget that by far the most locked down place I experienced was Mexico, and this was during Delta. Caleta de Campos was mellow. Guad, Lazaro bus station, and holy sh!t Mazatlan, Sinaloa - needed vax card to eat outdoors. I think I might have died of thirst or water-borne illness trying to drink the hotel water without that card. Seriously, I needed a vax passport to go into a 7-11. Thanks Ronda and Pube Licks!

Also my Summer 2023 trip to Peru, I ignored the fine print and barely missed the cutoff where you needed three doses of the vax to enter the country. I don't know what would have been worse - losing all the flight/hotel money, or having to spend a 4th of July in flat, hot, drunken barn dance Jax Beach.

Reactions: kidfury

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
i will never forget that i was paid relatively well to not work for a year. that was awesome! bring on the next one!
PPP saved a lot of jobs, companies, and the economy in general.

Case in point: The guy across the street from me owns a small business, he was on it with the PPP and during the lockdowns he kept his employees on the payroll and planned how to expand his business. Post-pandemic he is now going gangbusters, raking it in!

• Love
Reactions: CutnSnip

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Grievance politics is a trip.

We hate it when the blacks do it.

But when the whites do it, it's time to sing it on the mountain!

NEVER FORGET!

WAHHHHHHH!

Shout at the sky.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
5:08 Haidt, who is infinitely smarter and better informed than Rogan or anybody on this board, basically destroys a big part of never forgetters' script.

"...People thought, "Oh yeah, the kids are really messed up now, from Covid. But they were wrong. Covid was terrible for a lot of kids but when you look at the mental health trends over the last 20 years, Covid was a blip." And he proceeds to show charts of actual data to back up his hypothesis.

2 hours well spent.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
5:08 Haidt, who is infinitely smarter and better informed than Rogan or anybody on this board, basically destroys a big part of never forgetters' script.

"...People thought, "Oh yeah, the kids are really messed up now, from Covid. But they were wrong. Covid was terrible for a lot of kids but when you look at the mental health trends over the last 20 years, Covid was a blip." And he proceeds to show charts of actual data to back up his hypothesis.

2 hours well spent.
Minimize and deny, minimize and deny

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Covid was a blip
YES!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club!!!!!

:applause2:

The mental and physical health crisis in this country has been going on for decades and is SO much more deadly than COVID in the long run. Like orders of magnitude more deadly.

Never forget that we wasted trillions on essentially worthless lockdowns and mask mandates for the COVID blip while ignoring much more serious and persistent problems

never forget that even at the height of the covid pandemic more people were dying from obesity and drug overdoses than were dying from covid

never forget that while the mandates and lockdowns cost trillions and had no significant impact on covid outcomes, they made the overall health crisis *worse*

never forget that the most important thing we can do to prepare for the next pandemic is to incorporate components of blue-zone lifestyles into our current way of being and never forget that the CDC/FDA/AMA won't do sh!t about driving those kinds of changes because its not in their economic best interest

:):shaka:

Last edited: