Never forget…

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
your problem, as usual, is that the data does not support your point

case in point: excess mortality rates in low-vaccine compliance (red) states and counties
This is simply wrong. There is no clear pattern of red vs blue states for Covid deaths. If you go down the list it flips back and forth between red and blue.

My guess is that age and obesity were far more correlated.

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011
grapedrink says I know more people who got Covid after being vaccinated than before.
[/QUOTE]
wow - folks actually got Covid after getting the vaccine while the virus was still peaking it's spread rate?
And you somehow didn't get the news the vaccine was never intended or claimed to prevent Covid, it was to help fight the infection once contracted?
Fox news left those basic facts out?
Look up 'dumb as a stump' in the encylopedia - you'll find your pic next to it.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
So Biden and Fauci ....
the vaccines were developed and original messaging came out of the Trump administration

your bias is glaring

...aren't accountable and are not supposed to be listened to? :unsure: Are they not elected and/or appointed leaders? Again- we were told to listen to Fauci and trust The ScienceⓇ. Anyone who questioned him was attacked, and even Fauci himself said that going against him was going against science.
you just keep repeating the same tropes over and over and over again

I'm not going to keep repeating my points; you empirically do not absorb information and internalize it. you seem hellbent on making the same rants over and over again even after it's been pointed out to you how wrong and/or illogical they are.

It would be one thing if they simply gave us the best information they had at the time, not attacked detractors and later changed tact when new information came to light. Instead they vigorously attacked those who called the narrative into question, who ended up being right, and did very little to roll back policies that were later proven to be ineffective.
they did give the best information they had at the time, tempered (stated for the one fkn thousandth motherfkn time) by the fact that they are delivering a message that is consumable for the lowest common denominator and is most effective at getting us to the point WE ALL DESIRED which was an elimination of the public health measures.

ho lee phuc!

I can't believe you'd have the gall to say that after saying, "Doesn't change the fact that messaging changed. They said what they said at the time."

jesus, you are so wrapped around the axel on this you can't even maintain a consistent position

NEVER FORGET!

Beyond that, many were forced to choose between getting vaccinated and keeping their jobs, and those policies were encouraged by the Biden admin itself. Do you think everyone lives in a place where they can simply change jobs without moving and/or it being a major disruption?
the vaccine reduced spread, severity of symptoms, and fatalities

if employers chose to implement vaccine mandates, that's on them

are you for the free market and the rights of private enterprise or not?

we're talking about people working indoors, in close quarters, at high density...

never forget the four D's of Covid: Density, Duration, Dimensions, Drafts

No. 36% more people had a severe reaction than the unvaxxed. Feel free to look through the article I posted if you want a definition.
you just made the same mathematical faux pas that you got called out for above...holy fk...and you're the guy who claimed he liked to use math to smash narratives

I'll repeat, get better.

Reduction in spread was minimal. I know more people who got Covid after being vaccinated than before. Agreed on symptoms and death, which is really the only selling point they have.
anecdata

This is simply wrong. There is no clear pattern of red vs blue states for Covid deaths. If you go down the list it flips back and forth between red and blue.

My guess is that age and obesity were far more correlated.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nimby

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
wow - folks actually got Covid after getting the vaccine while the virus was still peaking it's spread rate?
And you somehow didn't get the news the vaccine was never intended or claimed to prevent Covid, it was to help fight the infection once contracted?
This is simply wrong, and I've posted direct quotes from Biden and Fauci where they say it stops the virus.

Fox news left those basic facts out?
I don't want Fox news, nor do I patronize any news source, TV or print. Nor am I a republican/rightie. You seem to stuck in a very binary mindset when it comes to partisanizing issues.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
the vaccines were developed and original messaging came out of the Trump administration

your bias is glaring
Trump was gone long before the general public had access to the vaccine. Most of the attacks on "misinformation" (that turned out to be true lol) came during Biden's term.

You mean the truth :unsure: Did they or did they not send that message at the time? Time stamped video evidence shows that they did, so I really don't know what fantasy world you are living in.

Yes, I do. What I'm saying is that it really wasn't much of a choice at the end of the day when considering the realities of saying no for many, nor were people informed of the potential risks that are now coming to light. And those policies were pushed by the Biden admin itself where employers of 100+ would have to test weekly if their workers weren't vaccinated, which basically wasn't a choice from a logistical perspective for employers. It's a strong arm tactic whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

This was well into the fall when breakthrough infections were becoming more common and it was becoming increasingly obvious that vaccines were not preventing spread as well they claimed.

you just made the same mathematical faux pas that you got called out for above...holy fk...and you're the guy who claimed he liked to use math to smash narratives
What are you even talking about?!? This is what I said "Great. And only 6% more people had severe reactions to Moderna compared to 36% with Pfizer. Thankfully I got the Moderna."

I said 6% more, and it should be clear that I was speaking proportionally about the pfizer number as well, not a fraction of the whole cohort. Holy food dude, get better. You misunderstanding and running with it is not a faux pax on my part.

That would be extremely anomolous, to the point of being impossible, if breakthrus were as rare as Fauci said they would be.

Plenty of blue and purple states with high rates, and some red states with low rates.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Doesn't change the fact that messaging changed. They said what they said at the time.

Again, irrelevant. They weren't the ones on TV telling us what we should do. Fauci was elevated to god-like status and that was who were supposed to trust.

Great. And only 6% more people had severe reactions to Moderna compared to 36% with Pfizer. Thankfully I got the Moderna.

It illustrates the point I've been making about the irrational and psychotic behavior directed at those who chose not to get vaccinated. A mentality which would not have existed had their not been an expectation, whether directly stated or implied, that vaccinations would reduce your ability to spread the disease. Just like there would've been no mandates, because they simply would not make sense.

So communicating with a child is the same as grown adults. Got it :roflmao: Which is exactly what our public health apparatus did.

Welcome to the internet, you must be new here?!

More of the onus should've been put on the at risk to modify their behavior. Even my parents went out to eat more than I was comfortable with and thankfully they're fine.

Well I did lose my best friend from college to suicide during covid (june 2021). He was arguably on margin already, however the isolation is a big part of what pushed him over the edge. I imagine this is true for many of the suicide and drug/alcohol related deaths. I have another close friend who was also in an odd isolated life situation far away from family that he was on the brink as well but is doing well now.
lockdowns are over. Are drug deaths and suicides down?
Wrong

You're using California myopia again. Free states were open for all intents and purposes before the winter of 2020 before the vaccine was even common or allowed to be given to people without risk factors. This was empirical proof that the nonsense had already gone months too long

I'll even give some governments the benefit of the doubt that keeping closures going past their sell-by date wasn't due to anything malicious, but rather due to the inability for government to do anything at any pace other than glacial, as well as political reasons.

That doesn't even factor in the problem of letting a "public health regime" hold the kind of power it did

Exactly. Even the initial two weeks in March was unnecessary

These "million people" you're whining about is a number over three years that barely pushes the excess death number past the norm.

A million deaths is nothing compared to the suffering caused to the other 330 million of us, something we're still dealing with to this day through a sluggish economy and inflation, political unrest and division, loss of freedoms, and lasting educational and mental problems
I didn’t suffer. I did surf a lot in the early days of covid though.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
No. 36% more people had a severe reaction than the unvaxxed. Feel free to look through the article I posted if you want a definition.
The study you posted compared vaccine versus injection w placebo. Nobody, not here or anywhere, ever suggested the vaccine - or any vaccine for that matter - is completely without risk.

• Haha

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Trump was gone long before the general public had access to the vaccine. Most of the attacks on "misinformation" (that turned out to be true lol) came during Biden's term.
irrelevant.

the original vaccine messaging came out of the Trump administration. hard stop.

also worth noting Trump continued to promote the vaccine to much booing through 2021 as well

You mean the truth :unsure: Did they or did they not send that message at the time? Time stamped video evidence shows that they did, so I really don't know what fantasy world you are living in.
I love how you congratulate yourself for something you're wrong about.

that's not a good look.

also really keen to see the time stamped video evidence you're alluding to.

Yes, I do. What I'm saying is that it really wasn't much of a choice at the end of the day when considering the realities of saying no for many, nor were people informed of the potential risks that are now coming to light. And those policies were pushed by the Biden admin itself where employers of 100+ would have to test weekly if their workers weren't vaccinated, which basically wasn't a choice from a logistical perspective for employers. It's a strong arm tactic whether you want to acknowledge it or not.
it was certainly a viable alternative, one that people pursued!

test were widely available and easily deployed.

what you call "strong arm tactics" were perfectly reasonable alternatives to the vaccine for people who did not want to take it.

it's wild to see how literally NOTHING is acceptable to you....total steel trap. won't let go. zero plasticity.

This was well into the fall when breakthrough infections were becoming more common and it was becoming increasingly obvious that vaccines were not preventing spread as well they claimed.
vaccines reduce spread of the virus, the severity of symptoms, and the likelihood of death

vaccines reduce spread of the virus, the severity of symptoms, and the likelihood of death

repeating it once more...employees are operating indoors, in close quarters, and create one of the greatest risks to spread.

What are you even talking about?!? This is what I said "Great. And only 6% more people had severe reactions to Moderna compared to 36% with Pfizer. Thankfully I got the Moderna."

I said 6% more, and it should be clear that I was speaking proportionally about the pfizer number as well, not a fraction of the whole cohort. Holy food dude, get better. You misunderstanding and running with it is not a faux pax on my part.
do a better job using your words.

I don't know how many times this needs to be explained, but to quote stats without acknowledging the infinitesimally small baseline is disingenuous.

if I tell you that wearing a tinfoil hat makes you 30% more likely to be struck by lightning it is misleading without couching it in the baseline risk of being struck by ligtning which is incredibly low to the point of being nearly impossible; more people probably win 6-figure lottery pots each year.

That would be extremely anomolous, to the point of being impossible, if breakthrus were as rare as Fauci said they would be.
and yet again, grapedrink takes something that Fauci said in the past prior to breakthroughs and holds it up against new, contemporaneous learnings

novel corona virus

Plenty of blue and purple states with high rates, and some red states with low rates.
like a steel trap!

the county data, which is obviously more granular, is pretty clear on this.

feel free to go back and look at the specific words I used....

• Haha

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008

After publication, the White House told Fox News Digital that the COVID-related guidance in the email was out of date and inadvertently included. According to a spokesperson, the White House may be planning to send out the most up-to-date guidance in another email just before Monday's event. It's unclear whether recipients of the original message received any kind of follow-up note saying the COVID guidance was out of date.
SUPER SCIENCE GUY LIES BY OMISSION TO THE SURPRISE OF ABSOLUTELY NO ONE!

nimby

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 15, 2011

your bias is glaring

I'm not going to keep repeating my points; you empirically do not absorb information and internalize it. you seem hellbent on making the same rants over and over again even after it's been pointed out to you how wrong and/or illogical they are.

they did give the best information they had at the time, tempered (stated for the one fkn thousandth motherfkn time) by the fact that they are delivering a message that is consumable for the lowest common denominator and is most effective at getting us to the point WE ALL DESIRED which was an elimination of the public health measures.

ho lee phuc!

I can't believe you'd have the gall to say that after saying, "Doesn't change the fact that messaging changed. They said what they said at the time."

jesus, you are so wrapped around the axel on this you can't even maintain a consistent position

NEVER FORGET!

we're talking about people working indoors, in close quarters, at high density...

never forget the four D's of Covid: Density, Duration, Dimensions, Drafts

I'll repeat, get better.

anecdata

well, this thread is now officially over, cause you just nailed it shut.
well done sir!

• Haha

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
just some science

View attachment 156099

Can you explain the “Cox proportional hazards regression” used in the left scale?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
irrelevant.

the original vaccine messaging came out of the Trump administration. hard stop.
What messaging? Are you now admitting that there was messaging that suggested that the vaccine would stop the spread . .. . great. Thanks for making my point for me. Ultimately this doesn’t change my point because I’m speaking about the overall failure of the government snd the way they misled the public.

I love how you congratulate yourself for something you're wrong about.

that's not a good look.

also really keen to see the time stamped video evidence you're alluding to.
Please tell me exactly what I am wrong about :unsure:

May 2021: Fauci said that the vaccinated become “dead ends”.

July 2021: Biden said you would not get Covid if you are vaccinated.

There’s your evidence- are you really going to stick to the narrative that there were no claims that the vaccine would stop the spread? Holy fook man. . . . On one hand you say that people should've done their own research, and on the other hand you say that public health messaging should be tailored to the lowest common denominator? Because those sound like pretty clear cut lowest common denominator messages to me, so which is it :unsure:

it was certainly a viable alternative, one that people pursued!
Sure, for many it was. But to say that it was a viable alternative for all is incredibly disingenuous. Many people, like myself, live in areas where high quality employment is not widely available and there isn't always an equal or better paying job waiting in the wings for you.

test were widely available and easily deployed.

what you call "strong arm tactics" were perfectly reasonable alternatives to the vaccine for people who did not want to take it.
So it's perfectly reasonable for an employer to volunteer to police their own employees and keep track of who's vaccinated or not in a company of 100 or more? Lol. You would have to hire someone at least part time just for that alone. Most employers chose to simply go along with the federal mandate because that's far easier . . .. and again . .. it was federally mandated.

do a better job using your words.

I don't know how many times this needs to be explained, but to quote stats without acknowledging the infinitesimally small baseline is disingenuous.
1 per 800 having a severe reaction is not infintesimally small by any means. Last I checked, the covid death rate was less than 1% as well.

if I tell you that wearing a tinfoil hat makes you 30% more likely to be struck by lightning it is misleading without couching it in the baseline risk of being struck by ligtning which is incredibly low to the point of being nearly impossible; more people probably win 6-figure lottery pots each year.
So 1 in 800 is nearly impossible? Lol.

and yet again, grapedrink takes something that Fauci said in the past prior to breakthroughs and holds it up against new, contemporaneous learnings
It is relevant because that is the advice that people took at the time to decide if getting vaccinated was the right move for them.