Myles Garrett - Done....NFL related

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I've seen enough Raiders trainwrecks to not subject myself to the Browns.

Although, when you say Catnip, I assume you mean weed. That game would require a lot.
I've decided I'm a Baker Football fan so I've been watching the Browns-wreck

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
Due to a little too much knowledge about the aftereffects of sustaining multiple concussions, I'm glad to see the NFL taking measures to pretend to care about the issue.

So, let me describe in great detail my feelings surrounding any sort of potential injury to a Steeler's quarterback:

The End

Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Due to a little too much knowledge about the aftereffects of sustaining multiple concussions, I'm glad to see the NFL taking measures to pretend to care about the issue.

So, let me describe in great detail my feelings surrounding any sort of potential injury to a Steeler's quarterback:

The End
Does Roethlisberger still lead the league in rapes?

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
$.02

OJ is full of sh!t about when it started. Rudolph dumps the ball off (postly reminder this is roughing the passer if it happens to Tom Brady) and is pushing Garrett off of him, they go down, Garrett is like trying to mount or whatever after Rudolph is on the ground, THEN Rudolph tries to pull the helmet off.

Also reminder that Pouncey who comes in, drops Garrett, and gets his kicks in was from the same Florida team as all the other murderers.

Watching it in real time (I turned it on after putting my daughter to bed, I didn't watch the whole shitty game!) I thought Garrett was purposely holding Rudolph on the ground to try and end the game or something. Garrett could have been called for Roughing the Passer, as the hit was after the throw. Basically Garrett started this whole thing like a moron, and then took it to Def Con 1. Fuck him, ban him.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
He's an offensive lineman protecting his QB. By NFL decision making standards he just had Wu Tang Financial diversify his bonds.
I remember when Kyle Turley did that. Ripped off the defender's helmet and heaved it down the field. When asked why he threw the helmet, he reported that he was furious there wasn't a head inside of it.

I became a fan.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Kap is probably better than Eli at this point.
Football helmets at 10 paces. Prepare to die.

Otherwise, a ton of starting QBs seem to have been injured this year, so people who say Kaep is better than current starters might mean whoever these teams are trotting out in November and December behind their non-existent o-lines.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Football helmets at 10 paces. Prepare to die.

Otherwise, a ton of starting QBs seem to have been injured this year, so people who say Kaep is better than current starters might mean whoever these teams are trotting out in November and December behind their non-existent o-lines.
I knew you'd take offense. I also am betting you would never draft Eli as a fantasy QB. He's had more negative point games than even Nathan Peterman.

Problem with your second line there is that most of the backups are also better than Kaep. Plus, they're mostly young so they actually have potential.

Just to drop one more bomb: I'd argue that Dan Marino was a better running QB than Kaep was a throwing QB.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Oh and I'll also leave this here:

NEW YORK—Apologizing for laying down the ruling in haste without examining all the evidence, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell rescinded Myles Garrett’s suspension for attacking Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph with a helmet Friday after review footage clearly showed Rudolph’s punchable fucking face. “This was my mistake, from the first shots I saw, it appeared that Garrett was unprovoked, but the clip from earlier in the play clearly shows Mason Rudolph’s big doofus face just begging for a fist,” said Goodell, explaining that Garrett merely acted the way anyone who was suddenly confronted with Rudolph’s infuriating, dumbass visage would act. “Just look as the expression on this doughy douchebag’s face. Just seeing him makes me want to punch the fucking screen. The entire Browns organization should be commended for not rushing the field and pummeling his annoying mug the second his helmet came off. In fact, Mason is suspended for the rest of the season just so nobody has to look at that sh!t.” At press time, Goodell had nominated Garrett for the NFL’s Walter Payton Man of the Year award.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
^^^I bet he's thinking...sh!t man, I should've just stood up. Now he's pretty much a nobody
A nobody? You could argue Kap is one of the most famous football players alive. My wife knows three players: Tom Brady ("Giselle's Husband), Antonio Brown (that crazy dude from Hard Knocks) and Colin Kapernick.

He's living on interest from $30M in the bank (college roommate works for the firm that manages his money) and his Nike deal is $1M a year. He won't have to do anything the rest of his life.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
They should let these steroid monster wife beating drug addict motherfuckers fight to the death on the field. Better than flag football the NFL has become. Who else thinks fights in sports make it more interesting? Baseball is the most boring sport . When the hitter charges the mound then the dug outs clear, joy, joy, joy!

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
They should let these steroid monster wife beating drug addict motherfuckers fight to the death on the field. Better than flag football the NFL has become. Who else thinks fights in sports make it more interesting? Baseball is the most boring sport . When the hitter charges the mound then the dug outs clear, joy, joy, joy!
The Robin Ventura - Nolan Ryan fight was one of my favorites. Second thoughts arose but Ventura still had to save face and continue the charge instead of slinking back. Got his ass beat.

If it's OK in hockey (that one Kings - Oilers game back in the early 90s was f*cking awesome), they should allow it in football. Or at least go back to the way it was. For instance, the below is great

"In the 1960s, Ben Davidson was the physical embodiment of all things Raiders and he played a hand in a rule change that would take effect in 1976, six years after he snatched victory, or at least a tie, out of the jaws of defeat from the Kansas City Chiefs.

During the Nov 1, 1970, contest the Chiefs clung to a 17-14 lead with about two minutes remaining. They had third-and-three or four and needed only to pick up a first down to run out the clock. Chiefs quarterback Len Dawson held on to the ball on a sweep and picked up about eight yards and then dropped to the ground. Davidson, acutely aware he had not been touched down, speared him in the lower back. A melee ensued and the referees called to repeat the down. The Raiders stopped them and went on to tie the game and outpace the Chiefs by one victory to earn the AFC West title.
It took until 1976, but the NFL changed the rules about downing a ball carrier. The rule prohibited defenders from "running or diving into, or throwing his body against or on a ball-carrier who falls or slips to the ground untouched and makes no attempt to advance, before or after the ball is dead." While Davidson is not specifically cited in the rule book, hurling his 275-pound body into the star quarterback was a legal hit in 1970. The league thought better of the practice after that game."

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC
A nobody? You could argue Kap is one of the most famous football players alive. My wife knows three players: Tom Brady ("Giselle's Husband), Antonio Brown (that crazy dude from Hard Knocks) and Colin Kapernick.

He's living on interest from $30M in the bank (college roommate works for the firm that manages his money) and his Nike deal is $1M a year. He won't have to do anything the rest of his life.
He bamboozled 30mil out of the league.....I guess he's a somebody

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not as solid a bamboozling of the Raiders by Jalardus Russell. $32 million guaranteed and lazy as hell. So lazy his life coach fired him for lack of effort. And no, that's not a joke. I mean, it IS a joke but it did actually happen.

He was still better than Brady Quinn but all the QBs in that draft were trash.

Coulda had Calvin Johnson... :cursing:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I mean you have a point for sure in the context of the game on the field. I am not sure how many people at that level, between how competitive they are, and how difficult it must be to play at an NFL level if it's a job you hate, don't care about their legacy or name in the records books. Trent Dilfer has a ring, so anything's possible.