Mt. Rushmore

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
If you're in the area the Badlands is also worth checking out.
Did my geology field mapping course from Black Hills through Wyoming and Montana, doing most of it around Cardwell, MT (awesome area in itself). Hit up Yellowstone/Teton, Black Hills, Glacier, and a lot in between. All of it incredibly awesome. Not Rushmore though. Were two miles away or something but professors considered it a sacrilege to geology. Thermopolis is cool too. As is the drive on the 20 through Wind River Canyon. Worth the detour. Great geology there and it legit looks like the river is flowing uphill. https://www.rocdoctravel.com/2018/04/wyoming-thermopolis-wind-river-canyon.html

Extra bonus too - Meeteetse of Beavis & Butthead fame is in the area.

That's a road trip I would absolutely do again. Rent an RV, pack the family up, and take a 2-3 week trip, loop through Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands (finally), Arches, loop up through Colorado, Wyoming, into Montana and then back down. Be fun as hell. And probably won't happen for a while. But one can dream. (y)

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Did my geology field mapping course from Black Hills through Wyoming and Montana, doing most of it around Cardwell, MT (awesome area in itself). Hit up Yellowstone/Teton, Black Hills, Glacier, and a lot in between. All of it incredibly awesome. Not Rushmore though. Were two miles away or something but professors considered it a sacrilege to geology. Thermopolis is cool too. As is the drive on the 20 through Wind River Canyon. Worth the detour. Great geology there and it legit looks like the river is flowing uphill. https://www.rocdoctravel.com/2018/04/wyoming-thermopolis-wind-river-canyon.html

Extra bonus too - Meeteetse of Beavis & Butthead fame is in the area.

That's a road trip I would absolutely do again. Rent an RV, pack the family up, and take a 2-3 week trip, loop through Zion, Bryce, Canyonlands (finally), Arches, loop up through Colorado, Wyoming, into Montana and then back down. Be fun as hell. And probably won't happen for a while. But one can dream. (y)
Those two trips are my shortlist.

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Lol, glad I was smart enough to go incognito before google that guy. I don’t need his stuff showing up in my ads
Thomas Carlyle Ford (born August 27, 1961) is an American fashion designer and filmmaker. He launched his eponymous luxury brand in 2006, having previously served as the creative director at Gucci and Yves Saint Laurent. Ford directed the Academy Award-nominated films A Single Man (2009) and Nocturnal Animals (2016).

Reactions: plasticbertrand