Mountain Lion Attack

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I read that male mtn lions have a 100 sq mi range, meaning there can't be too many of them in a small area.

Neighbor's cat went missing a few years back. They saw it on their backyard cam at 3:00 in the a.m. 5 minutes later, a mtn lion walked by between their glass slider and their patio table.

Uberkuque

Gerry Lopez status
Nov 19, 2014
Those are good too.

But it's the external shoulder rotation that makes us the best throwing primates.

Monkies are stronger but we can throw rocks and spears way better.:monkey:
Primates don't have external shoulder rotation?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Primates don't have external shoulder rotation?
Humans are number one in external shoulder rotation. We have the most. That is why humans can throw 100 mile and hour baseballs.

Why do you think there are no monkeys pitching in the MLB?

Rotation is a super power force multiplier.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
All this talk about mountain lions and today on my run I get attacked by scruffy, little white dog. Clamped on my calf the little fucker.. :cursing:

The owner knew it was a biter. I heard her calling the dog and turned saw it coming at me from behind, so I stopped and bent down to pet it and she was like, "No! No!" Too late. Then it ran after another jogger who thought she could herd it back to the owner. "No! No!" This second lady figured out in time the unfriendly intentions and was able to run away.

If you know your dog bites people why would you let it off the leash at the beach?

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
IMG_1166.jpeg
All this talk about mountain lions and today on my run I get attacked by scruffy, little white dog. Clamped on my calf the little fucker.. :cursing:

The owner knew it was a biter. I heard her calling the dog and turned saw it coming at me from behind, so I stopped and bent down to pet it and she was like, "No! No!" Too late. Then it ran after another jogger who thought she could herd it back to the owner. "No! No!" This second lady figured out in time the unfriendly intentions and was able to run away.

If you know your dog bites people why would you let it off the leash at the beach?
Had surgery on a toe. Sitting in the recliner, foot elevated, bandage off/air dry to speed healing. Our damned Kona the labradoodle came up and licked the wound. Told her No! Too late. Next day, red lines going up my foot to ankle. Incision was swollen, pusy, etc. Trip to Dr. Took sample, asked if we had a pet. They have one antibiotic that would hopefully work. Spent 2 days in a hospital bed. Can’t blame the dog but pissed beyond belief. Keep an eye on your injury…. It could get ugly (hope not, would not wish the hassle on anyone)…

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
View attachment 176441
Had surgery on a toe. Sitting in the recliner, foot elevated, bandage off/air dry to speed healing. Our damned Kona the labradoodle came up and licked the wound. Told her No! Too late. Next day, red lines going up my foot to ankle. Incision was swollen, pusy, etc. Trip to Dr. Took sample, asked if we had a pet. They have one antibiotic that would hopefully work. Spent 2 days in a hospital bed. Can’t blame the dog but pissed beyond belief. Keep an eye on your injury…. It could get ugly (hope not, would not wish the hassle on anyone)…
Thanks for the heads up. I put hydrogen peroxide and neosporin on it. Hope that does the trick.

Reactions: john4surf

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

I don't hate dogs. I hate their owners

I had a dog chase me on my bike it tried to bite me and back kicked it.

Perfect kick.

The dog yelped and stopped chasing.

When a dog attacks you, there is a moment of disbelief. The wrongness of it all

Last edited:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005

First, sorry that happened to you.

I hope you got her info so you could report it. Dumb owner needs to learn not to take her dog off leash.

Reactions: One-Off

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
First, sorry that happened to you.

I hope you got her info so you could report it. Dumb owner needs to learn not to take her dog off leash.
Haha. I’ve been doing this zone 2 training. This month I’ve been running up into the Santa Monica Mountains so I had no idea what my zone two pace was (slows down to walk going up trails). I decided today on the beach, flat and no stop lights/signs, no traffic, to measure it. This was an unwanted interruption and I didn’t wait around. I did “bark” at her- “Put your dog on a leash!”

Reactions: Boneroni
Jan 12, 2002
Austin, TX
View attachment 176441
She was thinking she was helping, but yeah, that sucks. Good healing.

Jan 12, 2002
Austin, TX
Haha. I’ve been doing this zone 2 training. This month I’ve been running up into the Santa Monica Mountains so I had no idea what my zone two pace was (slows down to walk going up trails). I decided today on the beach, flat and no stop lights/signs, no traffic, to measure it. This was an unwanted interruption and I didn’t wait around. I did “bark” at her- “Put your dog on a leash!”
They used to sell these, since cyclists at the turn of the century got attacked by random dogs so often. Probably not going play so well these days. I love dogs, but dog bites can get bad really fast.

Velo Dog would also be a pretty sick forums handle. Lol.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Probably a smart move. A girl I went to high school with got mauled at Caspers but survived.

Her mom was berry picking, and set her down just behind her (she was probably 3 or 4?). The cat snuck up and grabbed her without a sound. Mom heard the rustling and somehow got it to let go. Her skull was partially crushed. I remember seeing her around when she was younger, and she had a dead eye and a helmet.

She seemed pretty ok. by the time high school rolled around, all things considered.
Jeeebus.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
They used to sell these, since cyclists at the turn of the century got attacked by random dogs so often. Probably not going play so well these days. I love dogs, but dog bites can get bad really fast.

Velo Dog would also be a pretty sick forums handle. Lol.
Just spray em with water from yer bottle. I’ve done that a few times in the past. Dogs like wtf and backs off.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I thought you get the dog to lick to make it stop infection?

My friend would let his dog lick his mouth.

I would be like, Gross!

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I always thought I could kick a dog's ass but when I was in Vietnam this dog came up on me super fast like it was going to bite but it broke off at the last second.

That is how it would beat me in a dog fight.

Come in fast and retreat.

I was moving in slow motion compared to that dog.

When ever I'm around a dog I'm ready for a dog/human fight.

The dogs probably feel my vibe.

Same with the homeless.

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
I read that male mtn lions have a 100 sq mi range, meaning there can't be too many of them in a small area.

Neighbor's cat went missing a few years back. They saw it on their backyard cam at 3:00 in the a.m. 5 minutes later, a mtn lion walked by between their glass slider and their patio table.

Here's a fun graph to play with in regards to mountain lion ranges. These are just the ones that have been tagged. Go camping/hiking/biking in the Santa Cruz Mountains and you will die. I don't care how many bags of dehydrated beef stroganoff you're packing in.

I wonder if cat 56M was the one that got spotted chilling in a tree in the Capitola Mall on 41st Ave a few years back?