Mountain Lion Attack

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Man that sucks. Getting your throat ripped out by a cat. Fuck.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
That's a bummer for both the men and the cat. I've been running every week on a kind of remote trail (no one around on week days). Look at the home page of the park-

• Wow
Reactions: Chocki

drunjk

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 27, 2017
i'm glad the lion ate some moron (probly some environmental fairy from sf if not armed. isn't nature beautiful!). i wish mountain lions travelled in packs, killing and eating idiot hikers (look at me! i'm walking on a trail!) by the thousands. i would be especially happy if they surplus killed the human scum, letting bodies waste and rot under the indifferent sky. then i wish gangs of mountain lions entered city limits, killing and eating everything in their path, especially dumb small yapper dogs

then i wish the gangs of mtn lions dispersed back to rural areas, waiting until the better armed country folk fell fast asleep, jumping thru their bedroom windows to kill them with a vicious bite to teh neck. after the earth is depopulated i wish the mtn lions get indigestion and die

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
There are some crazy people that hike around here looking for mtn lions at night and then post their encounters on social media. They somehow always seem to just talk as the mtn lion calmly strolls by.

Firebird

Gerry Lopez status
Jun 5, 2010
OC
That's a bummer for both the men and the cat. I've been running every week on a kind of remote trail (no one around on week days). Look at the home page of the park-

Take your dog with you.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
IMO in some areas mountain lions are overpopulated, and it would probably be wise to re-introduce some (very) limited hunting. But they should be around, they are beautiful animals and are an important part of the California ecosystem. And yeah, they are dangerous in that if you get attacked by one it will likely be pretty bad, but I suspect hiking is not any more dangerous than getting chomped by fluffy while out surfing.

Reactions: Boneroni

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
i'm glad the lion ate some moron (probly some environmental fairy from sf if not armed. isn't nature beautiful!). i wish mountain lions travelled in packs, killing and eating idiot hikers (look at me! i'm walking on a trail!) by the thousands. i would be especially happy if they surplus killed the human scum, letting bodies waste and rot under the indifferent sky. then i wish gangs of mountain lions entered city limits, killing and eating everything in their path, especially dumb small yapper dogs

then i wish the gangs of mtn lions dispersed back to rural areas, waiting until the better armed country folk fell fast asleep, jumping thru their bedroom windows to kill them with a vicious bite to teh neck. after the earth is depopulated i wish the mtn lions get indigestion and die
Yes to all this. Yes! Eat all the faggot liberals, criminals, feminazis,

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
IMO in some areas mountain lions are overpopulated, and it would probably be wise to re-introduce some (very) limited hunting. But they should be around, they are beautiful animals and are an important part of the California ecosystem. And yeah, they are dangerous in that if you get attacked by one it will likely be pretty bad, but I suspect hiking is not any more dangerous than getting chomped by fluffy while out surfing.
Capture some of them and ship them to the Everglades. Florida's panther population could use some more genetic diversity.

Reactions: hammies

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Human are such lethal predators due to their cooperative nature and ability to eternally rotate their arms in their shoulder sockets .

If the cats want to go to war with us, they will loose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
It used to be you only saw their tracks. They were afraid of people because people occasionally shot them. The last few years I have seen them walking down the middle of suburban streets. It looks to me like they've lost their fear of man. Kind of like coyotes have lost their fear of man.

Reactions: john4surf

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
A hunting season would be good management but CA has been one of the least friendly states to big cat hunters.
I'm conflicted about the situation. On the one hand it is cool to think that wildlife can survive near an urban area. And, at least with regards to the big cats in LA County, it's not like they're over running the place. It's still a small, struggling population. But I question at what point would there be too many? I guess it would have to do with the frequency of attacks on humans. That's a grim metric.

In the meantime LA is going out of their way to help them-

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Pretty amazing that the Game Warden can track them down so quick. We got 3 in my neighborhood. A mama and her two 1 year olds. The almost killed a dog last summer. Last week they were cruising through a mobile home park nearby and then just a couple streets over. This is their neighborhood. Sketch.

• Wow
Reactions: john4surf

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Pretty amazing that the Game Warden can track them down so quick. We got 3 in my neighborhood. A mama and her two 1 year olds. The almost killed a dog last summer. Last week they were cruising through a mobile home park nearby and then just a couple streets over. This is their neighborhood. Sketch.
I thought your neighborhood was Hawaii?

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I'm conflicted about the situation. On the one hand it is cool to think that wildlife can survive near an urban area. And, at least with regards to the big cats in LA County, it's not like they're over running the place. It's still a small, struggling population. But I question at what point would there be too many? I guess it would have to do with the frequency of attacks on humans. That's a grim metric.

In the meantime LA is going out of their way to help them-

I don’t disagree with you but I think the reality of cats integrating more and more into urban areas will be a negative for them. The more they negatively interact with people the more will get euthanized and lead them down a path of eradication from those areas. Hunting is sustainable and teaches cats that human interaction is not in their best interest. Keeps them in a better home range with appropriate diet.

Last edited:

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I don’t disagree with you but I think the reality of cats integrating more and more into urban areas will be a negative for them. The more they negatively interact with people the more will get euthanized and lead them down a path of eradication from those areas. Hunting is sustainable and teaches cats that human interaction is not in their best interest.
I agree. I've never seen a mountain lion in California and only know one guy who has (while mountain biking in Sycamore Canyon). I've seen bobcats many times. It's always cool to see the bobcats. I wonder why, being smaller, they are less shy?