Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Thank you Unk @PPK96754 .... truer wordz have never been spoken.

I cannot imagine what you went thru.

Luckily my 25 year partner is "ok", she's just been on those pills for over 4 years now, and I am seeing the actual change in her brain wiring. To be honest I just want her happiness, as long as it doesn't interfere too much with mine.

In the end, it's all perspectives, and where you choose to look at things from.

I am attempting to part from a place of gratitude, being thankful for everything we have lived together, and trying to look forward to everything that remains for us to live thru apart.

My thought process is that everything should come easier, and become more acceptable for me to wrap my brain around, if I keep grateful for it all.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

:applause2::bowdown::waving::shaka:

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Thank you Unk @PPK96754 .... truer wordz have never been spoken.

I cannot imagine what you went thru.

Luckily my 25 year partner is "ok", she's just been on those pills for over 4 years now, and I am seeing the actual change in her brain wiring. To be honest I just want her happiness, as long as it doesn't interfere too much with mine.

In the end, it's all perspectives, and where you choose to look at things from.

I am attempting to part from a place of gratitude, being thankful for everything we have lived together, and trying to look forward to everything that remains for us to live thru apart.

My thought process is that everything should come easier, and become more acceptable for me to wrap my brain around, if I keep grateful for it all.

:applause2::bowdown::waving::shaka:
Just for discussion sake, did you ever consider the antidepressants put her in a position to realize the life she was living wasn’t the one she wanted? What made her seek out treatment in the first place?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Long term depression. Her mom used to "joke around" before we married that I was getting "damaged goods". She, her mom, had a very twisted world view and passed it on in prolly both genetics as well as environment training. She, my wife, had already struggled with depression as a teen.

I did consider that the antideppresants affected her thought patterns, as I've already pointed out before. The long term combo of those with barbituates to sleep can literally rewire a brain.

Spain is one of the top pill popping countries in the world. I know people who are willing to give their single digit y.o. children barbituates to get them to sleep.

I understand taking a sleeping pill every once in a while, as needed. But they cannot be a long term solution, as they are highly addictive and the tolerance levels soon make them practically useless.

I am not a doctor, clearly, but it seems to me that walking a few miles everyday is better than taking a pill to "make yourself sleep". Not to mention the quality of the rest, and the way it wires your brain.

If someone's life drives them to taking pills, they should try life changes before addiction, IMHO.

30 years ago today, RIP Curt Cobain.

na_5a7da24d84d08.jpg

Would have been 57 now.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Long term depression. Her mom used to "joke around" before we married that I was getting "damaged goods". She, her mom, had a very twisted world view and passed it on in prolly both genetics as well as environment training. She, my wife, had already struggled with depression as a teen.

I did consider that the antideppresants affected her thought patterns, as I've already pointed out before. The long term combo of those with barbituates to sleep can literally rewire a brain.

Spain is one of the top pill popping countries in the world. I know people who are willing to give their single digit y.o. children barbituates to get them to sleep.

I understand taking a sleeping pill every once in a while, as needed. But they cannot be a long term solution, as they are highly addictive and the tolerance levels soon make them practically useless.

I am not a doctor, clearly, but it seems to me that walking a few miles everyday is better than taking a pill to "make yourself sleep". Not to mention the quality of the rest, and the way it wires your brain.

If someone's life drives them to taking pills, they should try life changes before addiction, IMHO.

30 years ago today, RIP Curt Cobain.

View attachment 177199

Would have been 57 now.
Different sort of pills than I thought we were discussing. No argument from me that any sort of addictive pills should be avoided at all costs unless you’re certain you don’t have an addictive personality. I don’t, but still try to stay away from stuff like Ativan unless it’s really necessary. I do like them though…. Vicodin etc I avoid just out of principle. Sleeping pills never did the trick for me, but I will pop a few before long haul flights lol.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
My thought process is that everything should come easier, and become more acceptable for me to wrap my brain around, “if I keep grateful for it all.”

Now day’s ….. It’s all about waking up in the morning ….
The rest, is all fluff n’ mirror
s … ;) :sneaky:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
My thought process is that everything should come easier, and become more acceptable for me to wrap my brain around, “if I keep grateful for it all.”

Now day’s ….. It’s all about waking up in the morning ….
The rest, is all fluff n’ mirror
s … ;) :sneaky:
Amen. :beer::bowdown:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yesterday I was reminded by someone..

"You woke up today. Someone had plans to get up, their outfit picked out, and a full schedule, but they did not wake up today. You did. Do something with that".

ok. "someone" was the guy ln the peloton app telling me to pedal, but it came at the right time.

Reactions: Boneroni and Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Haha that sounds like Denis Morton

Granted, all the instructors talk like that NTTIAWWT

FTR I love my Peleton

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I got lucky after Deb passed. It's trippy when you loose a constant, always there companion after some 25 years together. It's even harder when one is there and then gone when the final words are " I just have to get my slacks / jeans on" and then I say, "ok, I'm ready" and don't get a reply ... and then begin chest compressions, can't find my phone or her's and stuck between a rock and hard place. Climb off, search desperately for any phone, find her's and it's locked, hit Emergency, get Dispatch, tell Dispatch I need Engine 1 / Truck 1, (Fire), Medic 22 (EMT's which is two blocks away) climb back on and restart compressions but you Know already .... and you keep going. Still online with Dispatch AND, Medic 22 drives by my house, sirens blaring. I tell Dispatch, "tell them it's Uncle Pete's house" and they turn around and roll in. I know both guy's and, they know Deb. Fire rolls in and it's controlled chaos. I feel for the Fire and EMT guys, they really TRY for me .... I know.

Two years later I get an email from a woman friend, asks how I"m doing, general pleasantries. Married a couple of times, has two grown kids, with kids. I've known this woman for over 50 some years and she steps up and asks if I'd come and visit her and since then we've been on a simple roll through life. Both over 70, thought that we'd be the single ole folks waiting for life to end somewhere down the line. Simple truth to face, really but ... if she hadn't reached out, the real possibility would have been an old Hawaiian man going through life alone. Tough phucking thing to face. I got luck OR, we both got lucky.

I always said, " I'm a lucky SOB"

Keep the Faith of Life ... Keep moving!! SurfFuerteventura
5 nights a week, 6 hours a night in a restaurant ... I'm running over the lazy kids ass's and in
their pockets ($$$)
Get your passion back! Get your head in the game that you're good @. Use it.
LARRY (surfwords) fought hard until the end .... Cancer Sucks!
No give up brah! Lot's out there to invest into yourself .... :waving:
Post of the year material right there.
Glad you are doing well PPK. :waving:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
I got lucky after Deb passed. It's trippy when you loose a constant, always there companion after some 25 years together. It's even harder when one is there and then gone when the final words are " I just have to get my slacks / jeans on" and then I say, "ok, I'm ready" and don't get a reply ... and then begin chest compressions, can't find my phone or her's and stuck between a rock and hard place. Climb off, search desperately for any phone, find her's and it's locked, hit Emergency, get Dispatch, tell Dispatch I need Engine 1 / Truck 1, (Fire), Medic 22 (EMT's which is two blocks away) climb back on and restart compressions but you Know already .... and you keep going. Still online with Dispatch AND, Medic 22 drives by my house, sirens blaring. I tell Dispatch, "tell them it's Uncle Pete's house" and they turn around and roll in. I know both guy's and, they know Deb. Fire rolls in and it's controlled chaos. I feel for the Fire and EMT guys, they really TRY for me .... I know.

Two years later I get an email from a woman friend, asks how I"m doing, general pleasantries. Married a couple of times, has two grown kids, with kids. I've known this woman for over 50 some years and she steps up and asks if I'd come and visit her and since then we've been on a simple roll through life. Both over 70, thought that we'd be the single ole folks waiting for life to end somewhere down the line. Simple truth to face, really but ... if she hadn't reached out, the real possibility would have been an old Hawaiian man going through life alone. Tough phucking thing to face. I got luck OR, we both got lucky.

I always said, " I'm a lucky SOB"

Keep the Faith of Life ... Keep moving!! SurfFuerteventura
5 nights a week, 6 hours a night in a restaurant ... I'm running over the lazy kids ass's and in
their pockets ($$$)
Get your passion back! Get your head in the game that you're good @. Use it.
LARRY (surfwords) fought hard until the end .... Cancer Sucks!
No give up brah! Lot's out there to invest into yourself .... :waving:
Im an Ass. I had no idea. Im sad Unko Petey! My wife met Deb on Maui and said how nice she was. I never did meet either you in person. Im fighting with my wife right now. She got pissed because I was yelling at the kid to get in the truck to do something she told us to do and it was time sensitive and he didnt want too. i wish I could roll back time. Im beat It seems time has rolled up to you like Waimea shorebreak and you are standing laughing at it. Good times. Maybe you are lucky but I think we make our own luck and you have made yours. Aloha

Reactions: mundus and Boneroni