Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Dude, if you're really trying to reduce your stress, tinder swiping the nursing staff is not going to help with that.

I mean, no judgement. Just trying to look out for ya.
You’re more than right.

After a good 2 days in there and 12 hour sleeps per night, my mind has reset from the loop it’s been on lately.

Deleted the Tinder profile as right now is just not the best time to add to my already overloaded plate.

Plus, out here, just getting out there is easier than looking at a stupid phone swiping at a bunch of bots or money hungry animals from the continent next door.

Also, how could I possibly forget… the best dating pool EVAR…. stewardesses. All I need to do when I want some, hit up the hotel bar where the flight crews stay overnight…. Are you kidding me? Easy pulling? Hello?

Got some interviews lined up to get me some help at home too.
thanks for looking out bud.

:waving::shaka::bowdown:

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
You’re more than right.

After a good 2 days in there and 12 hour sleeps per night, my mind has reset from the loop it’s been on lately.

Deleted the Tinder profile as right now is just not the best time to add to my already overloaded plate.

Plus, out here, just getting out there is easier than looking at a stupid phone swiping at a bunch of bots or money hungry animals from the continent next door.

Also, how could I possibly forget… the best dating pool EVAR…. stewardesses. All I need to do when I want some, hit up the hotel bar where the flight crews stay overnight…. Are you kidding me? Easy pulling? Hello?

Got some interviews lined up to get me some help at home too.
thanks for looking out bud.

:waving::shaka::bowdown:
Bring on the sexy stews, man! Hope you can line up someone to help with Mom soon. I think she will really enjoy church on Easter too

Reactions: crustBrother

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
1st day back from the hospital, had to spend 10 hours cleaning my house.
How does one woman make such a mess in 48 hours?
dirty pots, floors covered in animal hair, laundry everywhere some clean some dirty… on floors, chairs, etc…

i really should have stayed in the hospital for 2-3 more days, but then a frikkin backhoe would have been necessary to clean this place.

also, woke up to a note from “wifey” ….

it’s such a beautiful beach day, hope you don’t mind if I go.

Then she gets home and thinks somehow it’s a good idea to get into how much money she is going to walk away from “this” with.

crazy huh?

One good thing did happen though, I had a great video interview with the most likely fit t help out around here… he flies down from Germany n the 8th next week.

wish me luck, I am going to need it just to make it alive until then at this rate.

my life has turned into a Santana song….

Last edited:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I almost got a beer just now.

That's real bad, but I probably could just have one 24oz malt liquor, despite what all the other quitters say.

I'm having a living with a hoarder but it's me who never cleans anything breakdown in my home. I'm a hoarder too, to a degree, but I get off on throwing everything away at least every few years. It's so liberating, but I haven't been allowed to do that in 15 years and I'm drowning in the madness.

I feel like some acid would help sort this out too.

But probably not.

I'm so fucked up.

Just the way I am.

It helps to read about people with real problems not even of their own making, so thanks for this and I hope we all get through the day.

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Perspective is everything.

no matter how crazy life gets, I am reminded of the hurricanes that I have survived.
sh!t can get pretty scary, then the next minute you get this ethereal calm, then it gets scary Ike REALLY SCARY, then nothing. It’s over just like that.

sometimes you make it thru unscathed, sometimes bruised, sometimes not at all.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Perspective is everything.

no matter how crazy life gets, I am reminded of the hurricanes that I have survived.
sh!t can get pretty scary, then the next minute you get this ethereal calm, then it gets scary Ike REALLY SCARY, then nothing. It’s over just like that.

sometimes you make it thru unscathed, sometimes bruised, sometimes not at all.
Minute, by minute, moment by moment.

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Question: what's the interest in a society full of pill poppoing zombies?

Answer:they make stupid decisions, and are so easy to manipulate.

Ever had a Dr Rx you excersize, a better diet and general positive mental health practices?

Yeah, thought so.

Phook Dr's and their scripts, all the lives ruined. How do they sleep at night?

Seriously do NOT get "it".

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Ever had a Dr Rx you excersize, a better diet and general positive mental health practices?

Yeah, thought so.

People want pills, even if they're harmful. Belief is relief.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016

Yeah, thought so.

antidepressants work well for some, not for others. Some people use them just temporarily while others use long term. Some people experience no side effects (including somnolence) while others might.

Exercise and a good diet won’t treat bipolar depression or major depressive disorder, as evidenced by the many athletes who suffer or have committed suicide.

I think people confuse situational depression - perhaps what one would go through during a divorce or watching a parent die - and major depressive disorders - which aren’t triggered, they just appear and remain for no particular reason whatsoever. The former respond well to intentional improvements in lifestyle habits while the latter do not.

Antidepressants probably are too easy to get, but in the end, suicide rates in untreated depression groups is higher than in groups treated with antidepressants.

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I got lucky after Deb passed. It's trippy when you loose a constant, always there companion after some 25 years together. It's even harder when one is there and then gone when the final words are " I just have to get my slacks / jeans on" and then I say, "ok, I'm ready" and don't get a reply ... and then begin chest compressions, can't find my phone or her's and stuck between a rock and hard place. Climb off, search desperately for any phone, find her's and it's locked, hit Emergency, get Dispatch, tell Dispatch I need Engine 1 / Truck 1, (Fire), Medic 22 (EMT's which is two blocks away) climb back on and restart compressions but you Know already .... and you keep going. Still online with Dispatch AND, Medic 22 drives by my house, sirens blaring. I tell Dispatch, "tell them it's Uncle Pete's house" and they turn around and roll in. I know both guy's and, they know Deb. Fire rolls in and it's controlled chaos. I feel for the Fire and EMT guys, they really TRY for me .... I know.

Two years later I get an email from a woman friend, asks how I"m doing, general pleasantries. Married a couple of times, has two grown kids, with kids. I've known this woman for over 50 some years and she steps up and asks if I'd come and visit her and since then we've been on a simple roll through life. Both over 70, thought that we'd be the single ole folks waiting for life to end somewhere down the line. Simple truth to face, really but ... if she hadn't reached out, the real possibility would have been an old Hawaiian man going through life alone. Tough phucking thing to face. I got luck OR, we both got lucky.

I always said, " I'm a lucky SOB"

Keep the Faith of Life ... Keep moving!! SurfFuerteventura
5 nights a week, 6 hours a night in a restaurant ... I'm running over the lazy kids ass's and in
their pockets ($$$)
Get your passion back! Get your head in the game that you're good @. Use it.
LARRY (surfwords) fought hard until the end .... Cancer Sucks!
No give up brah! Lot's out there to invest into yourself .... :waving:

Last edited: