Mental Health thread

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
And gives you the runs
"Can" give you the runs if you consume too much.....that's why the instructions say start with a smaller does....
Stuff is amazing....allows your "cells" to "relax" so to speak....and therefore improve their natural functions....
An essential element for your health.

I've had trouble...as I get older....with leg cramps while surfing (esp colder water) and cycling.....not so much anymore.
Upped my water intake too....salts....etc....

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Always had problems falling asleep when I was younger. Sleep like a rock once Im down but the falling asleep was tricky. Tossed and turned minimum 3 hours before I would pass out.

Regular sleep schedule fixed it for me and Ive found between 5-6 hours of sleep is my sweet spot. Im up at 5am every day and asleep between 10-11pm. If I get more than 7 hours I feel lethargic all day.

Exercise is key, and I take magnesium daily. A bong hit after dinner sets me up nicely to want to sleep a couple hours later and if there are days when the mind is racing I'll do one melatonin pill (3mg) and that knocks me out like its ambien.

My only quirk with sleep now is the position I sleep in and I have to be pointing the same direction, laying on the same side or its not happening which is weird.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Laying down and reading puts me to sleep. Half a page and I'm a goner.
Same same. I do that with my Kindle. Then when I open it back up, the font is on Grandpa size 1 cm letters from my fingers slipping over the screen as I'm starting to doze off :ROFLMAO:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Have read lots of this thread and lots of good stuff. See afoaf's backpacking trip thread. Going off the grid into the mountains for a few days with nobody around is a good and easy (and mostly free) mental reboot.
I went foil boarding yesterday behind my friend's both.

So good for self regulating.

The sun, the water, the foiling.

(I'm not good enough to post in the foiling section yet. :trout:)

I fall asleep easy and wake up at 2:00.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
If you have trouble sleeping, try shutting down ALL electronics by 5:00 p.m. for a week.
That sounds so difficult especially as Ive been trying to spend most of day outdoors and do all my electronics (tv,ipad/e-reader,emails) in the evening.

I do think the "nightshift" setting on recent apple products really helps me though. Cuts out all the blue light on things and I have it set for 7PM till 8AM and as warm as possible.

Cant do this with the tv though.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Oh look everybody!!! It's another Groundhogs Day!!!

Praised be!!
Oh wow. There's a thick marine layer, AND it's still still flat.

Woo. Hoooo.

But, everyday not on a ventilator is a good day right?

Bring on that groundhog.

Last edited:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
There’s a lot of free learning out there.
Take advantage of some of those free learning platforms and expand your skills in something you’re interested in
im deep in an online machine learning course and it’s kicking my ass, but a great challenge

I love all teas for my anxiety and bouts of depression, including dandelion, rose, chamomile and lavender teas. When I am feeling low I like to amp up my mood with exercise or yoga, and when I am feeling anxious I like to focus on deep belly breathing and getting out of my thoughts. I tried mindfulness after advice from psychologists, but I've got an even better one -mindlessness! It's just being mindless and doing things without thinking, haha! It's a humorous spin for those who can't or don't like mindfulness. I love everyone's responses, and am always looking for natural ways to get through life happily, but I won't lie, that I use the best anti-depressant for me - Etizolam. Do you do it too?

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
If I had.kid with those traits I would beat into his skull that those are his super powers and he needs to work to harness them and use them for good.

They are gift.

The Zen master say don't cast out your demons; they are the best part of you.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
If I had.kid with those traits I would beat into his skull that those are his super powers and he needs to work to harness them and use them for good.

They are gift.

The Zen master say don't cast out your demons; they are the best part of you.
I have a few friends in the mental health biz and they all echo this sentiment.