Mental Health thread

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I quit drinking for no particular reason. Now I get up at 530 every day . Surfing every morning it’s worth it(spoiler today is gonna be no) , more energy and just generally feel better.

such a good move
How much were you drinking when you were drinking?

Having to get up to surf is a good way to slow down your drinking momentum.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002

Well, if you’re a normie, sure
I’ve heard stories of others who somehow live by a different set of limits

Reactions: mundus

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I quit drinking for no particular reason. Now I get up at 530 every day . Surfing every morning it’s worth it(spoiler today is gonna be no) , more energy and just generally feel better.

such a good move
Congrats man!

Me too, almost 2 1/2 years ago. I initially was just gonna stop during the weekdays (to drop some weight,) but rolled it over into 2 weeks, and never looked back. It's been about a year and a half of no anti-inflammatories or antihistamines, just taking CBD oil, and some multivitamins. I should've done this years ago, I feel way better!

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
The energy thing is blowing my mind.
I have to check myself on surfing too long been going way over more normal 2 hours.
The energy is there but body needs some more conditioning and stretching :roflmao:
That's for sure! I think a pre-surf warm up is crucial, and at some point during the day/evening a post surf/exercise stretch or mobility routine really helps. I know there are a ton of variables that go into it, but in general I'd say it took my body about a year to start running right again, once I quit. I think the added flexibility/mobility training, not being in a constant state of semi dehydration, and cleaner diet, have without a doubt improved everything.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Drinking a large glass of water in between each beer helps with not being hungover next day. And goes a long way to explain my average 4-8 p*ss sessions. :unsure:

I usually save the brews until after the sesh, gotta replenish fluids. :beer:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Drinking a large glass of water in between each beer helps with not being hungover next day. And goes a long way to explain my average 4-8 p*ss sessions. :unsure:

I usually save the brews until after the sesh, gotta replenish fluids. :beer:
Every beer I drink I **** 2-3 times.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Y r u such a know-it-all?

Aunt Lil. My college roommate's aunt who lived to a ripe young 96 yo.

We used to take her a quart of gin, a quart of vodka, a fifth of scotch and a carton of Marlboro Reds. .... Every two weeks.

Yeah, you are the definitive authority on pretty much, NUTTIN.

:socrazy::shrug::shameonyou:

:loser:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Y r u such a know-it-all?

Aunt Lil. My college roommate's aunt who lived to a ripe young 96 yo.

We used to take her a quart of gin, a quart of vodka, a fifth of scotch and a carton of Marlboro Reds. .... Every two weeks.

Yeah, you are the definitive authority on pretty much, NUTTIN.

:socrazy::shrug::shameonyou:

:loser:
That would have lasted 3-4 days tops for a drunk like me. Carton of reds would have lasted about 2 weeks though