Mental Health thread

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Hell yes.

Getting my daughter on Zoloft has helped but holy hell every night is a knock-down dragout fight to get her to bed. Screaming, slamming doors, lots of name-calling. Working on nipping all that stuff in the bud - none of that is going unpunished but that it's also very obvious she is picking a lot of this up at school. Having a class size of 35 with several troublemakers is not helping her anxiety and she is bringing that stress home in a big way. Her social ineptitude isn't really helping the cause either - she mows through friends like no one's business.

She could probably use that heavy bag.

Exhausting and with never-ending stress and no light at the end of the tunnel. It's hard too because the medical care availability is so poor here and almost impossible to get any services for her. You really take that for granted in SoCal and it's not even that super-rural up here. Gives you an idea of what even more rural areas in this country go through - it's a real problem.

On another note, though, 500 days sober today and that is a good thing, has paid dividends on the overall physical health aspect and does make the mental a bit easier to handle.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
That’s awesome @Kento that you’ve been able to channel all this stress into something positive. I have a family member who’s going through something similar with a teenage daughter. It’s brutal. Just got to take it a day at a time. :shaka:

@SurfFuerteventura hang in there. I like the recommendation of getting some help with your mother. Even if just for an hour or two.

I know it’s cliché, but taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do to help others that you’re caring for.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Got a call into a domestic elderly care service, hoping they come to this goat ladden, but otherwise barren, village.

Gave my wife a solution to her finding her happiness, and me retaining mine. Looking into buying her out of the house, pay her half the equity, minus mortgage and a few other incidentals, solar installation, etc... that came out of my pocket and stay with the house. No sense in buying solar, paying for it yourself, then having to pay your spouse for half the value of the solar installation that you already paid for 100%. :shrug:

Cannot believe this is happening, but not really sad about it either. Just stunned.

:socrazy: