Mental Health thread

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
funny you say that. So, I obviously did NOT ask them what they were wearing last night. But i opened up instagram a few minutes ago, and whaddya know- photos of the two of them from last night's festivities, looking um...Youthful, full of joie de vivre, and probably very chilly, based on several different visual hints
Any pillow fights? Taking baths together?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
So, honest question. Nobody is going to know who these girls are. But I probably should NOT post pics showing their faces even here, right?

And since I already know the answer to that, here is what the other assistant was wearing last night, cropped for privacy. You’ve all seen plenty of my assistant
This is presumably right before they giggled and stumbled their way upstairs to have an innocent pillow fight and paint each other’s nails.

01084563-B466-4F6F-B3B9-E39696172D50.jpeg

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
funny you say that. So, I obviously did NOT ask them what they were wearing last night. But i opened up instagram a few minutes ago, and whaddya know- photos of the two of them from last night's festivities, looking um...Youthful, full of joie de vivre, and probably very chilly, based on several different visual hints
ITS LIKE SHES READING YOUR MIND?!?!!

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Wait, what if this actually IS the start of some new and exciting and tawdry and arguably amoral and potentially life altering shitshow of a train wreck, and I’m as of now still in that blissfully ignorant phase of treating it all just like a funny little sidebar, only humorous in a place like the erbb; when in reality I’ll soon be tangled up in some destructive but vivid and extraordinary affair complete with lawsuits and divorces and angry fathers and desperate flights to Nicaragua and oh who am I kidding.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
So, honest question. Nobody is going to know who these girls are. But I probably should NOT post pics showing their faces even here, right?

And since I already know the answer to that, here is what the other assistant was wearing last night, cropped for privacy. You’ve all seen plenty of my assistant
This is presumably right before they giggled and stumbled their way upstairs to have an innocent pillow fight and paint each other’s nails.

View attachment 129189

Damn. Does she take any psychotic meds? Give her my number

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006

View attachment 129189
Yes!

PS. I'm telling your wife if you don't venmo me $500. Subwayed. HAHAHA!

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Well, after 17 years together, my wife and I have split. Reading many of the recent posts above made me want to write about it. I knew this was coming for months, I brought it up last year but we kept trying. In March I told her I wasn't happy and wanted to separate.

COVID has been rough. Our son (she is not his biological mother but has spent more time with him that his mother) developed a meth and sex addiction (I am told these very often go together), and I had to remove him from Santa Cruz and bring him to LA because he set his apartment on fire in Santa Cruz. He was introduced to meth and sex combined by a Santa Cruz police officer who is a prostitute on the side. He's in a rehab in LA and doing well now, been sober four months and has a great support in the facility. But for the first year he was in LA he was with us, then in rehab, then he'd take off and was on the street in LA off and on in emergency homeless shelters, he checked himself into the hospital once or twice just to get off the street. Got into some hairy situations, and finally had enough.

About four years ago I had a brief affair. It was mid-life ego-stroking bullshit, and I feel horrible about it still. It was the result of a confluence of events and life changes all happening at once, combined with my insecurity/needing adoration. She never got over it. Maybe I didn't either (guilt/shame). I still love her, always will. Probably will not look for a relationship of that sort again, definitely will not marry again.

She moved to SF last month. I didn't want her to leave LA, but she has a lot of friends up north and none here. We still talk daily, she really lets me have it about past behaviors on a daily basis, mostly by text. She has a lot of issues surrounding her upbringing that she never dealt with I guess, she is doing that now. Some people just take longer to let that sh!t go. We were both raised by parents high on the narcissism scale, probably. I'm sure I am up there, but hopefully not as much as mine. Saul Bellow has a great quote about parents/upbringing that has always stuck with me from his short novel, A Theft, "...after the age of forty a moratorium has to be declared--earlier if possible. You can't afford to be a damaged child forever."

So yeah, many reasons why people are single in mid-life. I don't judge.
Fvcking heavy sh*t you’re dealing with
take care of yourself!

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
fook dating. i went on a date a couple weeks ago. sweet girl but knew it wasnt for me - different schedules/far enough away that it woulds been an issue and she wouldnt shut up about herself the whole date,,.I declined a second date. She didnt take no for an answer...ghosted her...shes been texting to the point of me having to block her number.

then 2 weeks later she sent me 25 bucks on venmo for my bday....like wtf - who does that?
Did you keep the money?!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
  • Love
Reactions: santacruzin