Mental Health Thread - addendum

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Not all moms are special,
Some are just the door by which you came into this reality,
And that was it as far as "care".

Somewhere Al Soldano is glad about something or other.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I'm sure that she has spent many years of her life dealing with and caring for you on a daily basis, as all moms do. Next week will be 3 years since my mom died and I would give just about anything to have her back, even for just one day to thank her for all her love and support over the years and let her know that I love her one last time. There's reason every athlete says 'Hi mom' when they're on tv...moms are special.

I hope Subway is doing ok and makes an appearance soon.
Just because people are dead doesn’t mean you can’t talk to them. In some ways they can talk to you. Listen closely.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Just found out someone I knew died of cancer at 34. I knew she was on her last legs because she got put on some "there is nothing we can do" medicine a while back. She had it for 10 years. Still, she kept her head up through all that crap and had 10 years of great living despite the grim prognosis. More than we can say about you guys and your minor life setbacks. They are usually caused by your own mishandling of drugs and drink combined with a weak mental disposition :roflmao:
Someone out there probably had it worse than her too, does that make her issues any less fucked up? Like, seriously... :foreheadslap:
Isn't it great when someone downplays other people's issues and concerns? It takes a very special kinda of human being to act like that... focus on the word "special".

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Someone out there probably had it worse than her too, does that make her issues any less fucked up? Like, seriously... :foreheadslap:
Isn't it great when someone downplays other people's issues and concerns? It takes a very special kinda of human being to act like that... focus on the word "special".
Ok, I'll let you enjoy your anxiety without any further disturbances.

• Dislike
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Just found out someone I knew died of cancer at 34. I knew she was on her last legs because she got put on some "there is nothing we can do" medicine a while back. She had it for 10 years. Still, she kept her head up through all that crap and had 10 years of great living despite the grim prognosis. More than we can say about you guys and your minor life setbacks. They are usually caused by your own mishandling of drugs and drink combined with a weak mental disposition :roflmao:
Yeah, but look where all that positivity got her.

I think I'll stick to my mishandling of drugs and drink and my weak mental disposition.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I think it’s important to note, it doesn’t matter if your mom or dad was the best or not the best.

Adults children taking care of their elderly adult is not the same as when your parents took care of you as a kid.

Especially when you’re 50, 60, or 70, or more.

It’s a whole different physical/mental/emotional experience… not like when you look back fondly on when your kids were little.

Reactions: CutnSnip

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Personally I could see therapeutic suicide in my old age, at least if my wife goes first. I have no interest in living disabled and decrepit. Nobody to depend on me…the planet cares not if I leave. Just get myself to the desert and pop a bullet in my head. The disintegrate back into the earth.

Reactions: menobrah

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I think it’s important to note, it doesn’t matter if your mom or dad was the best or not the best.

Adults children taking care of their elderly adult is not the same as when your parents took care of you as a kid.

Especially when you’re 50, 60, or 70, or more.

It’s a whole different physical/mental/emotional experience… not like when you look back fondly on when your kids were little.
My wife does a lot of that with our 80+ y/o relatives. She doesn’t feel like it’s a burden. Families are different here.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Yeah, unpossible! No history of trolling in his posts.
History of trolling among many other things. So I absolutely think he believes people struggling with anxiety are "pussies". If he doesn't he can just come here and say so and I'll have no problem saying sorry.

But you're right, the mental health thread is the best possible place for trolling. Silly me.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
History of trolling among many other things. So I absolutely think he believes people struggling with anxiety are "pussies". If he doesn't he can just come here and say so and I'll have no problem saying sorry.

But you're right, the mental health thread is the best possible place for trolling. Silly me.
Never say you’re sorry on the erBB. It’s un American at best and goes downhill to the 50 shades of gay from there.

Your 15 minutes of fame are over. You shot your wad on Kelly and then had it spit back at you. Get with the program or subject yourself to the consequences.