Makua VLOG

EastCoastBrah

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 16, 2020
I really don't care if someone burns me and owns it. I can respect the hustle.

But, if you burn me and I come to exchange words then you can't claim to be a victim. Two times in the past year some dumb transplant blow ins stuffed me and then acted like I was being mean and picking on them when I called them on it.

"Bro relax it's not that serious"

"Don't need to be a dick about it. It's whatever"
Sounds like permission to burn them every wave.

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Everyone wants more waves, these guys just have more tools than the rest of us to get them. Pros can drop in on people all over the world, and they might get called out in a handful of places.

I haven't paddled out at Sunset since before Christmas. Either the waves or the crowds have been too nuts for my tastes. Watched Kemper burn five people in a row the other day.
It's been so good. But yeah, crowded. I sneak out first light or last light shifts, quick session, try to get three or four waves and hope one goes all the way. I find when you paddle out there and it's big, consistent 10' or bigger, your problem ends up being a perfect triple overhead peak coming right to you with half the Pacific Ocean in it and then having to sack up and go haha

Last edited:

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
That's fine.

But the problem is that these same guys will travel somewhere and expect to be top of the pecking order wherever they are (e.g., indo), and then give interviews about respecting locals at their home spots.

My buddy getting burned by JOB also said that Koa is one of the nicest/mellow pros he's hosted, BTW.
The new generation of pipe locals are are pretty good kids, but that doesn't mean rules aren't still rules. If they stray from home the locals at that spot have the same obligation to hand out reminders.

Makua can be the nicest guy and biggest kook. He never earned anything he has and it shows.

If anyone wants to get burned and watch just about everyone else get burned surf with Mason. :ROFLMAO:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Looking at Pipe cam there is a lot of backwash.
It's January, there shouldn't be any backwash.
What if beach erosion takes Pipe off the marquee list??

Truth

Phil Edwards status
Jul 18, 2002
is it natural erosion or has something accelerated it?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Sea wall construction, and rising sea levels all over the island. We're losing three stretches of highway and a ton of beaches by me. It's pretty nuts.
Sea level has risen 0.3 - 0.5mm per year in the last couple decades.

so let’s take the 0.5 and multiply by 20.

10mm is what we get. That 1 centimeter. 1.

less than an inch over the last 20 years.

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I mean everyone thought Waimea was going to change drastically and it didn’t.

Esp when they had the army bridge running across the beach.

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Just watched part of an Italo VLOG about Pipe. Lots of entourage[1], lifestyle[2] and clowning[3]. Spastic editing and gay gym hip hop/butt rock. No comment on the tattoos/Slim Shady hair. Turned it off.
[1]
(penultimate brobrah)
View attachment 103183
[2]
(you can't leave stuff like this out of an edit :shameonyou: )
View attachment 103181

[3] No comment.
View attachment 103180

now I understand what @youcantbeserious was saying.
I like Italo's videos :) The food is disgusting, but that's what they eat in Brazil. If you stumble upon a random Brazilians Insta, greasy food is what they have pictures of.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Makua has always triggered me. He tries SO hard to be hawaiian that it's like an SNL pidgin sketch. I once heard him say "Hawaii" 3 different ways in one 30 minutes ASP broadcast. The first one: extra loc-dawg with a V. The second: no V but nailed the glottal stops like a semi truck. The 3rd: he done slipped up and spoke it how he does in his head. As haole as I say it.