Makua VLOG

Waiehu

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 1, 2009
Nah she's a local girl and a world champ, she can take all the waves she wants. Plus she is actually a very cool person to surf with, humble and chill and fvckin riiiiiips.

Her dad is whole other story.
"Her dad is whole other story" Oh, what an understatement.
Perhaps, Carissa is attempting a campaign of atonement for his actions in the past?

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
"Her dad is whole other story" Oh, what an understatement.
Perhaps, Carissa is attempting a campaign of atonement for his actions in the past?

Cosmo Kramer is a stone faced fella, that's for sure. I've never surfed with him but I've been around him here and there.
I watched her win an event in France, and he still didn't smile, and she had to sneak a sip of champagne at the after party so he didn't see.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: racer1

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location
Her dad that bad?
Pretty bad. Mostly at Panics for me when I was bodysurfing there sometimes. Craigj would know more haha

Guess he was a really good water polo player, so going up against a guy like that when you are just wearing fins will get you :drowning:

My friend had a little Hui Nalu for a few years where we had maybe fifteen kids from the east side, not much $$$ in the house, we got them boards and got them surfing, once a week. Some got real good. Most didn't stick with it. But Carissa and Zeke Lau used to come surf with the kids sometimes, so I know her from that. And even when I see her and just say howzit, the dad stink eyes me!:roflmao:

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
Lived there 11 half winters in a row during wolfpack/pipe posse years (half winter for me is Jan thru end of March)...there are SO MANY good waves there, just as hollow/heavy/etc as Pipe/whatever. Go sit at Pipe for 4 hours and maybe get a sick one or scraps, or go somewhere within minutes, get 15 waves in 2 hours that would be better than any wave in your local area on its best day...West Side, Mokuleia, Golf Course, and everything in between and beyond, some of my best sessions on Oahu were BIG NW and Big S on the West Side...zero issues...in my time spent there I had two separate issues with two different individuals, both visitors...

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
Lived there 11 half winters in a row during wolfpack/pipe posse years (half winter for me is Jan thru end of March)...there are SO MANY good waves there, just as hollow/heavy/etc as Pipe/whatever. Go sit at Pipe for 4 hours and maybe get a sick one or scraps, or go somewhere within minutes, get 15 waves in 2 hours that would be better than any wave in your local area on its best day...West Side, Mokuleia, Golf Course, and everything in between and beyond, some of my best sessions on Oahu were BIG NW and Big S on the West Side...zero issues...in my time spent there I had two separate issues with two different individuals, both visitors...
whoa, whoa, whoa.

Every visiting surfer should stick to the breaks between Haleiwa and V-land. If you surf elsewhere you will die! The island is filled with crazy locals and big sharks. Don't venture out. :shaka:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Liam is a tool in his own right. So is garret. They’re like the Makua Rothman of the late 80s and 90s

I can attest to Liam as well. Very abrasive, pretty ridiculous.
I watched him guilt trip the contest director so hard to essentially break the rules, which he did, at a QS event because Liam had screwed up on his kids behalf.

At least Cosmo Kramer Moore is funny to look at and usually quiet.

Last edited:

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I can attest to Liam as well. Very abrasive, pretty ridiculous.
I watched him guilt trip the contest director so hard to essentially break the rules, which he did, at a QS event because Liam had screwed up on his kids behalf.
We are going to need this story. Dont leave us hanging.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I'm out of the loop. I rarely surf town. Heard some grumbling about Carissa's Dad. Was he really that bad?
But does her dad still wax her board for her? Watched the father of a reigning men's world champ wax his board for him a few years ago. One of the funniest things to see a grown man have his daddy wax his board for him. My son who was also a witness still makes jokes about if I will wax his board for him before he freesurfs.

• Love
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
When we played Kahuku, I would tell my players to get under Makua's skin, cause he would lose it. Then, tell them to prepare for a punch to the face. Hey kids, take one for the team.:roflmao::roflmao:
In football?

That’s when they were good and finally took down saint Louis.