Long COVID = Fibromyalgia = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I think that was Dracula.
Baby dracula.

I caught him and I tried to kill him and he wouldn't die.

I stuck him a a plastic bag to show the dr and he was still alive a couple of hours later.

I got an eraser from a pencil and crushed him and he exploded inside of the bag.

I took the attack personally.

Don't mess with the Autopraxster.

At least if you are a tick.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
My point is the flu is "deadly" COVID is "deadly" driving is "deadly" bicycling is "deadly" skin infections are "deadly" etc.
That seems like the opposite of a point. You are just flattening everything. Bee stings and cancer are both "deadly". How unhelpful.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That seems like the opposite of a point. You are just flattening everything. Bee stings and cancer are both "deadly". How unhelpful.
Not as unhelpful as you taking my post out of context for the purpose of mockery.

If you're going to mock, at least do so correctly.

Why are most millenials so bad at this sort of thing?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
When in the past has the US government done something cheaper than the private sector for the same service?
The US highway system is pretty good
national park system works well

my take on why supplemental insurance is so necessary is that the system was designed that way to keep the insurance companies cash flow going with the over 65 population

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
The US highway system is pretty good
national park system works well

my take on why supplemental insurance is so necessary is that the system was designed that way to keep the insurance companies cash flow going with the over 65 population
When in the past has the US government done something cheaper than the private sector for the same service?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This is a bullshit argument. It is demeaning and devaluing the lives of those at the highest risk of dying from covid, and if it were true then you would have to lump in heart attacks as being not deadly to everyone because it's mostly old and obese people who have them.
So everyone needs to suffer together?

that’s ridiculous

it’s also not demeaning or devaluing. Those people need to take responsibility and protect themselves

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
Not even close to the same thing and you know it.

And, yes most people who die from cancer die from cancer.
Why?

And no: pneumonia, blood clots, liver failure, embolism, malnourishment/dehydration, stroke etc are the common causes of death in cancer patients. With cancer, not from.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I think this is part of what's happening:

A bunch of books have been written on medical system reform and nothing is done due to entrenched interests. Likely we don't have single payer because we simply can't afford it which is why the problem remains dumped onto corporations. People are afraid of single payer because our government is good at replacing something with nothing.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think this is part of what's happening:

A bunch of books have been written on medical system reform and nothing is done due to entrenched interests. Likely we don't have single payer because we simply can't afford it which is why the problem remains dumped onto corporations. People are afraid of single payer because our government is good at replacing something with nothing.
And given the makeup of the current bureaucratic apparatus it’s not hard to imagine the level of care one receives in a government run system may be dependent on the political affiliations of the patient.

Reactions: Ifallalot and PRCD