Long COVID = Fibromyalgia = Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm glad covid isn't deadly.
You say that like you're being sarcastic.

Case fatality rate in the USA is 1%.

In Europe, Korea, NZ it's <1%

Watch out for those deadly bee stings, brah.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Ah, ok.

It is less (much less) prevalent here because of lizards.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
You say that like you're being sarcastic.

Case fatality rate in the USA is 1%.

In Europe, Korea, NZ it's <1%

Watch out for those deadly bee stings, brah.

Yes, I was definitely mocking you. Covid has killed 6.5 million globally and over 1 million in the US alone. I think that qualifies it as deadly, without the sarcastic air quotes.

Thank you for comparing it to bee stings to further prove my point. Covid is much more deadly.

"From 2000 to 2017, stings from that group of insects were responsible for 1,109 deaths, or roughly 62 fatalities each year, the CDC said."

The fact that our death rate is higher than other developed nations seems like a pretty compelling argument for some form of socialized medicine.

As to the original hot garbage take from ifall. Women are just more likely to seek medical care overall. It's probably one of the reasons they live longer than us.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Yes, I was definitely mocking you. Covid has killed 6.5 million globally and over 1 million in the US alone. I think that qualifies it as deadly, without the sarcastic air quotes.

Thank you for comparing it to bee stings to further prove my point. Covid is much more deadly.

"From 2000 to 2017, stings from that group of insects were responsible for 1,109 deaths, or roughly 62 fatalities each year, the CDC said."

The fact that our death rate is higher than other developed nations seems like a pretty compelling argument for some form of socialized medicine.

As to the original hot garbage take from ifall. Women are just more likely to seek medical care overall. It's probably one of the reasons they live longer than us.
Now do the math as percentages of population

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Medicare is a $1 trillion entitlement. Medicaid is another $700 billion. What do you mean? We spend 26% of the budget on socialized medicine between Medicare and Medicaid, ACA, and CHIP, it's just that younger people don't benefit, they're just lumped into a Ponzi scheme with those 10 years from death:

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

Medicare is a $1 trillion entitlement. Medicaid is another $700 billion. What do you mean?
Excuse me, universal healthcare. Medicare for all.

Not sure what your point is with the fentanyl twitter post. That stuff is obviously deadly too. One of my best friends lost his son to it five years ago. Another guy I went to school with died from it last year.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Excuse me, universal healthcare. Medicare for all.
I think we cover roughly 80 million people with both. How much will it cost to insure 4 times as many? What is the level of satisfaction with Medicare now among its participants?

Not sure what your point is with the fentanyl twitter post. That stuff is obviously deadly too. One of my best friends lost his son to it five years ago. Another guy I went to school with died from it last year.
The point is you have no sense of scale or selectivity. COVID is not deadly to everyone. It's deadly to the elderly and obese, though it should no longer be so if what our leaders said about the vaccines is true. What is seroprevalence these days - 99%? Point is, the pandemic is over.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

“Died WITH covid.“

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
The point is you have no sense of scale or selectivity. COVID is not deadly to everyone. It's deadly to the elderly and obese,
This is a bullshit argument. It is demeaning and devaluing the lives of those at the highest risk of dying from covid, and if it were true then you would have to lump in heart attacks as being not deadly to everyone because it's mostly old and obese people who have them.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I think we cover roughly 80 million people with both. How much will it cost to insure 4 times as many? What is the level of satisfaction with Medicare now among its participants?
Satisfaction is higher with medicare than with private insurance which is why it's been hard for politicians to privatize it despite 40 years of trying. Regardless of what a universal system would cost it would be cheaper than our current system which is by far the most expensive in the world. We pay double what the average OECD country pays for outcomes that are below average.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

My point is the flu is "deadly" COVID is "deadly" driving is "deadly" bicycling is "deadly" skin infections are "deadly" etc.

And yes, bee stings are deadly. Don't try to diminish that.

P.S. You're really bad at mockery.:(

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Satisfaction is higher with medicare than with private insurance which is why it's been hard for politicians to privatize it despite 40 years of trying. Regardless of what a universal system would cost it would be cheaper than our current system which is by far the most expensive in the world. We pay double what the average OECD country pays for outcomes that are below average.
When in the past has the US government done something cheaper than the private sector for the same service?