Kolohe Andino - No longer on O'Neill

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I'm too old now to care about pro surfing. The guys on tour today have unbelievable talent, but they all pretty much blur together. No personality and boring as fuck. Gabby only stands out because he's something of a bitch - shaving his arm pits and hanging with bisexual soccer stars. NTTIAWWT.

I'll take my era of Curren, Occy, Gerr, Potter, Kong, Archy.... all day - any day.

Chloe rips, but not hard enough to warrant the amount of attention given to him over the years. I remember reading Andy Irons saying he wanted to stay on tour long enough to get a heat with Brother. Andino cashed out big time - but has to feel massive dejection not winning a world title, let alone a single CT.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
So Kolohe identifies as a core brand guy now and is sticking it to the big brands, and he's going to save core surfing with a... fashion label? This is cringier than Volcom's new golf label.

Maybe he can do a Dodgers collab and really propel this thing to the next level. Ripping surf rat. But not a core brand guy.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Holy fvck that’s a tough read. I knew Kolohe isn’t a Mensa member, but if you’re launching a brand, maybe get a 5th grader to see if the copy is good to go. But, this could also be a genius marketing ploy and gives credence to their whole “bound by chaos” ethos. I feel like being Kolohe would be like living Idiocracy IRL.

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
was that ur homeless van parked across the street from the lot??
it could have been - maybe it was Dallas - this week down there has been killer! However I am not homeless anymore - I just bought an old 1916 craftsman home - 6 bed rooms,, 4 bath in LA that I love but that doesn't mean I will give up living in my van when the waves are good. and I rarely park across from the parking lot ( I have park pass) because of this:

dude sitting in the front seat was dead in the back. DON'T PARK ACROSS FROM LOT - This has happened more than once.

IMG_0640.jpegIMG_0641.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Mensa members are arrogant, socially-retarded self stimulators and we're all living in Idiocracy now - that's the punchline of the movie.

Dane aired Quik's dirty laundry and started a brand too.

I didn't read Kolohe's manifesto, btw. I'm still not finished with the erBber's manifesto from yesterday. I will say Kolohe has a lot to live for and should not self immolate in protest of how private equity from Louxembourg is running O'Neill.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
So Kolohe identifies as a core brand guy now and is sticking it to the big brands, and he's going to save core surfing with a... fashion label? This is cringier than Volcom's new golf label.

Maybe he can do a Dodgers collab and really propel this thing to the next level. Ripping surf rat. But not a core brand guy.
Funny. He didn't feel this way when he was still sponsored.

Reactions: Fishyhb

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
I just read Chloe’s manifesto - wow, what a petulant little brat. Just because the gravy train ended for him - the surf industry has collapsed?

If I owned a company and was looking for advocates to rep my brand, why would I hire Chloe? He has the personality of malt-o-meal and doesn’t bring much to the table.

Here I am going back to one of the erBB’s favorite protagonists - Al Knost… regardless what you think of him personally. Dude survived the Vans purge. Why? He brings much more to the table. Surfs a variety of boards, shapes, plays music and does art… and just comes across as a gracious dude stoked on life - unlike Chloe.

I just checked the 2% website. Holy sh!t, who would wear that clown gear? Talk about a terrible business plan.

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I just read Chloe’s manifesto - wow, what a petulant little brat. Just because the gravy train ended for him - the surf industry has collapsed?

If I owned a company and was looking for advocates to rep my brand, why would I hire Chloe? He has the personality of malt-o-meal and doesn’t bring much to the table.

Here I am going back to one of the erBB’s favorite protagonists - Al Knost… regardless what you think of him personally. Dude survived the Vans purge. Why? He brings much more to the table. Surfs a variety of boards, shapes, plays music and does art… and just comes across as a gracious dude stoked on life - unlike Chloe.
Thank you for defending the honor of private equity.

• Haha

maybe

Michael Peterson status
Jul 23, 2011
O’Neill were my go-to suits for decades, until I hopped on the Yamamoto bandwagon - haven’t looked back. I have no idea what has been going on with the company - Luxembourg?

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
sh!t quality and worse design. I'll take legacy mega brands if this is the alternative.

Also worth noting O'Neill is still pretty fukcin roots given its level of success.

• Haha