Kobe Bryant - DONE

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
To have his daughter with him... damn, that's brutal.

all the victims RIP...

As for the rape charges...I didn't read much about it... but sounds like it was no rape. The accusers even decided to drop the charges once the defense pointed out that they had ommited parts of the exam that showed the her vagina lacerations didn't match rape lacerations. And then (and this shouldn't matter all that much) they learned that she had had sex with 3 different men in 3 days just then.

Sounds like an opportunist to me... and since Kobe was never charged I'm inclined to believe just that.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I rarely missed a game and saw some pretty insane moments. The 81 points, the absolute willing the Lakers to the playoffs with consecutive 40+ point games because what else are you going to do with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, The Lob which catalyzed the dynasty, the dunk over TWO 7-footers (Garnett/Nesterovic), tearing his Achilles tendon and still hobbling to the line to sink both free throws. And so many more. All those were great but what truly displayed his role as a cold-hearted assassin was in the playoffs against Phoenix when he sank a game-winning shot over Jason Kidd and Rex Chapman. Very next game, first shot he took was from the exact same spot on the court as if to say, "Remember that shot last game? Here it is again." Cold and ripped the heart out of Phoenix. Black Mamba? His nickname could have also been Mola Ram.

Kobe will be missed. He was truly one of the greatest. Great ambassador of the game and it showed with the outpouring of love and sorrow throughout the entire sports world, not just basketball.
For some people in my generation (I'm mid 30's), Kobe was larger than life. To me, and many others, he showed us that your drive to be better and succeed can make your dreams come true. The "mamba mentality" helped shape an entire generation. I still can't believe he's gone.

Reactions: Ifallalot and Kento

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
)they learned that she had had sex with 3 different men in 3 days just then.

Sounds like an opportunist to me... and since Kobe was never charged I'm inclined to believe just that.
1st off, that's why I have the Koby opinion that I do. His lawyers in trial brought up the amount of sex she had. That is slut shaming. The amount of willing sex she had is not relevant.

Secondly, charges weren't dropped. It went to trial.

O.J. was acquitted by a jury of his fans.
Koby was acquitted by a jury of his fans.

Koby = Weinstein = Louis C.K.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
He seemed to have become a good father and family guy.
Nobody deserves to die that way.
60 against a Jazz team that just found out it didn't make playoffs.
Just saying.

Reactions: laidback

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
As far as the Kobe rape allegations I agree that we should look at the totality of his life and that bad chapter is certainly part of it that shouldn't be glossed over. None of us can speak to any certainty what happened in that hotel room that night. At best it was a gross case of infidelity, at worse it was rape. What we do know is that the charges went away and he's not only stayed out of trouble in the more than 15yrs since these allegations first surfaced but has conveyed the image of a stand-up family man. As someone who was not a big fan of basketball and most certainly not a lakers fan who's vision is clouded with bias, I feel his legacy deserves the benefit of the doubt based on good behavior. It's not like he's Ben Roethlisberger who's faced similar accusations over and over again skirting any real discipline. This was a one and done accusation and he's been pretty squeaky clean ever since.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
He seemed to have become a good father and family guy.
Nobody deserves to die that way.
60 against a Jazz team that just found out it didn't make playoffs.
Just saying.
Didn't stop his cold streak to begin the game. By that logic, why didn't they lay down all game, let him score 120, and lose by 70? Kobe caught absolute fire the entire second half. Made a total of 18 contested shots in that game. And his last basketball play was an assist.

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
Didn't stop his cold streak to begin the game. By that logic, why didn't they lay down all game, let him score 120, and lose by 70? Kobe caught absolute fire the entire second half. Made a total of 18 contested shots in that game. And his last basketball play was an assist.
Are you saying he didn't get special privileges? Shocked!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
As far as the Kobe rape allegations I agree that we should look at the totality of his life and that bad chapter is certainly part of it that shouldn't be glossed over. None of us can speak to any certainty what happened in that hotel room that night. At best it was a gross case of infidelity, at worse it was rape. What we do know is that the charges went away and he's not only stayed out of trouble in the more than 15yrs since these allegations first surfaced but has conveyed the image of a stand-up family man. This was a one and done accusation and he's been pretty squeaky clean ever since.
Wow.

What happened to the old $kully?

• Haha
Reactions: GromsDad and afoaf