Kobe Bryant - DONE

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
Met him couple times at the Buss family house on the island and about town. Aside from all the typical drama that followed the Lakers, the annual party was like a family event, no papazazzi, all kids were like he was one of the big kids. We'd see him out to dinner and no one bothered them, we'd all just would chill out and have fun during dinner with all the kids. ARGH

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
This is a time for mourning not politics. Have some respect.
Nice try but it's not about politics, it's about rape.

You spent months blabbering on, crucifying a guy as a rapist on shaky allegations of groping and grinding on a girl when he was in high school over 30 years ago.

But a sports star gets a slide cause it was 15 years ago and he seems like an OK guy nowadays.

It's a gross but common double standard how some guys will have no problem lynching a guy they don't like, pretending to be some ardent feminist supporter of female rape victims, and then give the benefit of the doubt to a sports star.

Having seen the nightmare of such a thing play out with an acquaintance it's just pretty puzzling to me as a guy.

Reactions: Ifallalot

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Nice try but it's not about politics, it's about rape.

You spent months blabbering on, crucifying a guy as a rapist on shaky allegations of groping and grinding on a girl when he was in high school over 30 years ago.

But a sports star gets a slide cause it was 15 years ago and he seems like an OK guy nowadays.

It's a gross but common double standard how some guys will have no problem lynching a guy they don't like, pretending to be some ardent feminist supporter of female rape victims, and then give the benefit of the doubt to a sports star.

Having seen the nightmare of such a thing play out with an acquaintance it's just pretty puzzling to me as a guy.

You seem triggered.

YouMad.jpg

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard
It sounds like you are saying that Kobe did get special privileges in that game. Lakers did still have to come from behind to win that game.
Don't remember too much, except not being too pleased. Nah, although I remember that he kept getting the ball EVERY time down the court
and made shot or got fouled. Crazy. Did the Jazz know about their standings fate before or in the middle of the game?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Don't remember too much, except not being too pleased. Nah, although I remember that he kept getting the ball EVERY time down the court
and made shot or got fouled. Crazy. Did the Jazz know about their standings fate before or in the middle of the game?
I watched that game and remember it well. He jacked up somewhere around 50 shots - started ice cold and it looked bad at first for a farewell game. And then he just caught fire in 2nd half and really poured it on in 4th quarter. 30 was great - then 40. 50?! 60! Just unreal. And that crowd was electric. Ticket prices were insane, well into the thousands but damn I wish I had been there. It would have been worth every penny.

I'm sure you would feel the same way if Stockton had delivered 25 assists his final game with the Jazz. Unfortunately only 8 points 7 assists (only 3 more than Kobe) 1 rebound.

No idea when Utah knew they had been eliminated. Usually teams purposely don't find out until after so it doesn't taint the game on the court.

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
After Stevie Ray died in a whirly Bird I vowed never step into one. I was a Kobe fan. Im not affected by these(I know Im an asshole). People are smothering themselves with this tragedy like sh!t on a shingle. Stop it! Get on with your life. Count our blessings!

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
1st off, that's why I have the Koby opinion that I do. His lawyers in trial brought up the amount of sex she had. That is slut shaming. The amount of willing sex she had is not relevant.

Secondly, charges weren't dropped. It went to trial.

O.J. was acquitted by a jury of his fans.
Koby was acquitted by a jury of his fans.

Koby = Weinstein = Louis C.K.
You can't seriously equate Louis CK spanking it in front of two women, from across the room, to Weinstein. Come fucking on.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
There are gonna be so many Kobe murals going up around town. There already are, now they’re gonna multiple like bed bugs in a motel 6