Kobe Bryant - DONE

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
There are gonna be so many Kobe murals going up around town. There already are, now they’re gonna multiple like bed bugs in a motel 6
Be ready for street renamings. The guy was beloved across the world. They aired his farewell game on ESPN tonight including a lot of extra. Very cool to watch again and, damn will he be missed.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
After Stevie Ray died in a whirly Bird I vowed never step into one. I was a Kobe fan. Im not affected by these(I know Im an asshole). People are smothering themselves with this tragedy like sh!t on a shingle. Stop it! Get on with your life. Count our blessings!
I got out of the water on Sunday and heard the news, and it had the same buzz as the day of the SRV crash (they thought Clapton was in there, too). It was the first thing it reminded me of while listening to the radio. Weird to read an RIP thread on a guy like Kobe cluttered with an almost 20 year old he-said-she-said incident that hasn't really been in the news for years and most of the younger generations who idolized him seem to barely know or GAF about anyway.

Reactions: Brsnstein

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Man, it was gutting watching that farewell game again last night and seeing his wife and daughters just absolutely stocked and knowing that his daughter pictured above was dead. Even more so considering I look at my own daughter as my mini-me.

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Was the pilot hot dogging before the crash. Clearly not too foggy in this video.

Would you call that an "aggressive maneuver"? Really? FOH with that sh!t, the NY Post is really reaching. LOL if they actually paid someone for the rights to that video.

FWIW if you look at a map Glendale is about 15miles inland from the coast. It was a hazy day all over but they did not have the fog that was on the west side. I was biking just over the hill in Topanga when it happened and visibility was pretty bad. Bad enough that I wouldn't be comfortable in a helicopter flying at low elevation in the mountains.

Here's an aggressive helicopter maneuver for you....

Last edited:
Reactions: rts265

laidback

Tom Curren status
Feb 9, 2007
NOC

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
The guy was not perfect and I’m sure he dabbled with the benefits that all pro-athletes get

But looking at his family pictures, especially with him and his daughter, the kids look genuinely happy. Thats a happy family. I can’t even imagine the grief their going through, thats going to result in some serious ptsd. The same for the other families

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
The guy was not perfect and I’m sure he dabbled with the benefits that all pro-athletes get

But looking at his family pictures, especially with him and his daughter, the kids look genuinely happy. Thats a happy family. I can’t even imagine the grief their going through, thats going to result in some serious ptsd. The same for the other families
He made a mistake when he was a 25 year old superstar at the top of his game. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I never did anything stupid at that age that could have changed the entire trajectory of my life.

But, what makes his death hurt so much is Lakers fans and NBA fans watched him grow up right in front of us. He seemingly turned into a loving Dad who did everything for his children. It is painful to even think about Kobe's and GiGi's last seconds on earth especially if you're a parent.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
He made a mistake when he was a 25 year old superstar at the top of his game. I'm not going to sit here and pretend I never did anything stupid at that age that could have changed the entire trajectory of my life.

But, what makes his death hurt so much is Lakers fans and NBA fans watched him grow up right in front of us. He seemingly turned into a loving Dad who did everything for his children. It is painful to even think about Kobe's and GiGi's last seconds on earth especially if you're a parent.

Whatever happened that night he was by all accounts squeaky clean from that point on. Who knows, maybe he just hired a better publicist and PR firm to cover his ass? But I for one am a believer in the family man image that he conveyed and found him hard not to like. I would say he deserves the benefit of the doubt.