Just curious...

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Kento said:
ifallalot said:
If you really cared about the environment focus on the destruction of the Army Corps of Engineers as opposed to the rescue of the EPA
Wait a minute. You are going to say the EPA is full of bureaucratic waste but then go on to tout the USACE?! :roflmao:

Have you ever worked on an environmental project via the Corps? :foreheadslap:
You're misreading his post.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
bird. said:
Kento said:
ifallalot said:
If you really cared about the environment focus on the destruction of the Army Corps of Engineers as opposed to the rescue of the EPA
Wait a minute. You are going to say the EPA is full of bureaucratic waste but then go on to tout the USACE?! :roflmao:

Really? Perhaps. But I am not sure ifallalot is aware that the Corps (literally) wrote the guidance on Soil Vapor Extraction and Bioventing for instance.

It's just a shame that a garden variety 40 page workplan has to be an overly redundant 800 page behemoth due to way too much bureaucratic input.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
Kento said:
bird. said:
Kento said:
ifallalot said:

Really? Perhaps. But I am not sure ifallalot is aware that the Corps (literally) wrote the guidance on Soil Vapor Extraction and Bioventing for instance.

It's just a shame that a garden variety 40 page workplan has to be an overly redundant 800 page behemoth due to way too much bureaucratic input.
He basically said he's in favor of getting rid of both the USACE and the EPA both I believe. (I disagree on the EPA at the very least.)

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
bird. said:
Kento said:
bird. said:
Kento said:
ifallalot said:

He basically said he's in favor of getting rid of both the USACE and the EPA both I believe. (I disagree on the EPA at the very least.)
The problem is the EPA doesn't punish polluters enough. Not even close.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
ifallalot said:
trevorbc said:
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.
Once again you and Groms dad have no idea what you are talking about. Fox news tells you the government pays for abortions so you believe it.

There is something called cost allocation. It is basic accounting. Planned Parenthood gets federal funds and non federal funds (unrestricted funds). The federal funds are allocated only to allowable costs, abortion is not an allowable cost. When they get audited, if they used federal funds for abortion those cost would be disallowed and would have to be repaid. Abortion related costs get allocated to the unrestricted (non-federal) funds.

Another example would be a non-profit that gets federal funds to carry out some public need. The non-profit also gets donations. (unrestricted funds) They have a fund raising cocktail party. They allocate the costs of the cocktail party to their unrestricted funds because you cannot use federal funds to purchase alcohol. Your argument is that they do use federal funds for alcohol just because they had a cocktail party and also happen to receive federal funds. See your logic is flawed. Fox news does not go into this kind of detail because their brain dead audience doesn't want to hear it. It doesn't fit your narrative. Facts don't matter to you anymore, or maybe never did?
Word salad and semantics

Planned Parenthood gets federal funds, and Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. It’s really that simple

You can justify it all you want, but any creative accounting doesn’t excuse the facts that a company is stealing money from wage earners in order to operate
It isn't creative accounting. It is basic accounting. An organization can do more than 1 thing. Funders of that organization want their money used for their priorities. Therefore they have to do cost allocation. Google: 2 CFR 200.405 Allocable costs.

Time and materials and space cost, and electicity and every cost associated with abortion gets charged to their unrestricted funds. The federal funds are only used for activities that are allowable under that federal award. Things like providing screening, testing etc. By defunding Planned Parenthood (stopping federal funds) you aren't stopping abortions because they don't use federal funds for abortion anyway. You are cutting their funding for many of the basic health services they provide to low income people. (the allowable cost under the federal award from HHS)

Indirect costs are another discussion however if you think something as simple as cost allocation is creative accounting I'm not going to go there.

The bottom line is that federal funds aren't used for abortion. That is a fact. (unless someone does something illegal) But the reality is that organizations that receive federal funds (at least organizations like planned parenthood) get monitored and audited endlessly so if someone was doing something illegal it would result in disallowed costs. Because PP is under such scrutiny they don't mess around.

Again, why is it that fox news and other right wing media lie to their viewers? You should be asking yourself that now that you know the facts.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
trevorbc said:
ifallalot said:
trevorbc said:
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.
Once again you and Groms dad have no idea what you are talking about. Fox news tells you the government pays for abortions so you believe it.

There is something called cost allocation. It is basic accounting. Planned Parenthood gets federal funds and non federal funds (unrestricted funds). The federal funds are allocated only to allowable costs, abortion is not an allowable cost. When they get audited, if they used federal funds for abortion those cost would be disallowed and would have to be repaid. Abortion related costs get allocated to the unrestricted (non-federal) funds.

Another example would be a non-profit that gets federal funds to carry out some public need. The non-profit also gets donations. (unrestricted funds) They have a fund raising cocktail party. They allocate the costs of the cocktail party to their unrestricted funds because you cannot use federal funds to purchase alcohol. Your argument is that they do use federal funds for alcohol just because they had a cocktail party and also happen to receive federal funds. See your logic is flawed. Fox news does not go into this kind of detail because their brain dead audience doesn't want to hear it. It doesn't fit your narrative. Facts don't matter to you anymore, or maybe never did?
Word salad and semantics

Planned Parenthood gets federal funds, and Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. It’s really that simple

You can justify it all you want, but any creative accounting doesn’t excuse the facts that a company is stealing money from wage earners in order to operate
It isn't creative accounting. It is basic accounting. An organization can do more than 1 thing. Funders of that organization want their money used for their priorities. Therefore they have to do cost allocation. Google: 2 CFR 200.405 Allocable costs.

Time and materials and space cost, and electicity and every cost associated with abortion gets charged to their unrestricted funds. The federal funds are only used for activities that are allowable under that federal award. Things like providing screening, testing etc. By defunding Planned Parenthood (stopping federal funds) you aren't stopping abortions because they don't use federal funds for abortion anyway. You are cutting their funding for many of the basic health services they provide to low income people. (the allowable cost under the federal award from HHS)

Indirect costs are another discussion however if you think something as simple as cost allocation is creative accounting I'm not going to go there.

The bottom line is that federal funds aren't used for abortion. That is a fact. (unless someone does something illegal) But the reality is that organizations that receive federal funds (at least organizations like planned parenthood) get monitored and audited endlessly so if someone was doing something illegal it would result in disallowed costs. Because PP is under such scrutiny they don't mess around.

Again, why is it that fox news and other right wing media lie to their viewers? You should be asking yourself that now that you know the facts.
Planned Parenthood gets federal funding, Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. If Planned Parenthood could stay open without the Federal Funding then maybe we can talk

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
bird. said:
Kento said:
bird. said:
Kento said:
ifallalot said:

Yes. Exactly

Boiled down, I was saying the USACE destroys more than the EPA protects

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ifallalot said:
trevorbc said:
ifallalot said:
trevorbc said:
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.

Word salad and semantics

Planned Parenthood gets federal funding, Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. If Planned Parenthood could stay open without the Federal Funding then maybe we can talk
Are they the only ones who do abortions?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
That's neither here nor there.

No one ever said they were the only ones who provide abortions, nor do I care that there are businesses that perform abortions

I have a problem with viable companies taking taxpayer funding

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
ElOgro said:
Yes. Planned Parenthood is the only ones that do abortions.
Yay! You found me!

Abortion's such a weird issue. The places that want to outlaw it have almost none as it is. There are only like 4 places in all of Kansas to get an abortion but man is it an important voter issue there still.

I'm glad California isn't Kansas. In fact, I wish California would set up a fund to bring women into the state just so they can terminate their pregnancy if they want. I'd rather pay for that than a high-speed train to nowhere.