Just curious...

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I picked Democrat or Republican because I apologize for HRC and BHO on the erBB, I voted for her too, but I haven't been a registered Democrat since 2004. Part of that is the FL Democratic Party, which, just, no.

The rare cases I've lived somewhere a Democrat ran in a local election (Gainesville) they wanted to sh!t up the neighborhood with more cars parking on lawns, more trash cans, more unfixed outdoor cats...no thanks.

I'd probably vote for just about anybody who bothered to get on the ballot against the TradCon Jesus Freak MIC shills we get in this district.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Sharkbiscuit said:
GromsDad said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
That's a tough one. In theory I'm a republican but the republican party these days is more democrat-lite than republican. Voted third party the past 3 presidential elections. Libertarian and Constitution Party.
This is scary. Your ideological utopia would either resemble fascist Germany or Taliban contoled Afganistan.
Don't know where you come up with that. Actually the opposite of what you posted. Why do you love giant oppressive government so much? My leanings are libertarian in nature. I want the smallest least oppressive government possible.
So you're against the Drug War and you're Pro Choice!

YEWWWWWW!
Drugs: Don't really give a sh!t what a grown adult does to themselves so long as they don't harm anyone else other than themselves and don't peddle their poison to minors. I'd deal extremely harshly with anyone selling to minors or if they are selling deadly poison like fentynil to anyone. Death penalty if they cause a single fatality.

Pro Choice: Abortion is 100% wrong.....that is a personal opinion but not necessarily a political policy. It is killing. Doctors shouldn't be in the business of killing. Tax dollars should not go to fund abortions of any kind. If Joe coathanger wants to open an abortion clinic in a free enterprise and women want to kill their babies and pay to do so they are free to make that choice for themselves. I don't want tax dollars paying for it. Late term is without a doubt murder and should be treated as such in the law.

Now can we eliminate a couple dozen federal bureaucracies, countless government facilities and perhaps half a million government employees?

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
GromsDad said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
GromsDad said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:
That's a tough one. In theory I'm a republican but the republican party these days is more democrat-lite than republican. Voted third party the past 3 presidential elections. Libertarian and Constitution Party.
This is scary. Your ideological utopia would either resemble fascist Germany or Taliban contoled Afganistan.
Don't know where you come up with that. Actually the opposite of what you posted. Why do you love giant oppressive government so much? My leanings are libertarian in nature. I want the smallest least oppressive government possible.

YEWWWWWW!
Drugs: Don't really give a sh!t what a grown adult does to themselves so long as they don't harm anyone else other than themselves and don't peddle their poison to minors. I'd deal extremely harshly with anyone selling to minors or if they are selling deadly poison like fentynil to anyone. Death penalty if they cause a single fatality.

Pro Choice: Abortion is 100% wrong.....that is a personal opinion but not necessarily a political policy. It is killing. Doctors shouldn't be in the business of killing. Tax dollars should not go to fund abortions of any kind. If Joe coathanger wants to open an abortion clinic in a free enterprise and women want to kill their babies and pay to do so they are free to make that choice for themselves. I don't want tax dollars paying for it. Late term is without a doubt murder and should be treated as such in the law.

Now can we eliminate a couple dozen federal bureaucracies, countless government facilities and perhaps half a million government employees?
Tax dollars don't pay for abortions.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That is a great investment of tax dollars.

Big dividends.

Never get why conservatives don't want poor brown women to kill poor brown unborn babies.

It goes against everything they believe in.

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.
Once again you and Groms dad have no idea what you are talking about. Fox news tells you the government pays for abortions so you believe it.

There is something called cost allocation. It is basic accounting. Planned Parenthood gets federal funds and non federal funds (unrestricted funds). The federal funds are allocated only to allowable costs, abortion is not an allowable cost. When they get audited, if they used federal funds for abortion those cost would be disallowed and would have to be repaid. Abortion related costs get allocated to the unrestricted (non-federal) funds.

Another example would be a non-profit that gets federal funds to carry out some public need. The non-profit also gets donations. (unrestricted funds) They have a fund raising cocktail party. They allocate the costs of the cocktail party to their unrestricted funds because you cannot use federal funds to purchase alcohol. Your argument is that they do use federal funds for alcohol just because they had a cocktail party and also happen to receive federal funds. See your logic is flawed. Fox news does not go into this kind of detail because their brain dead audience doesn't want to hear it. It doesn't fit your narrative. Facts don't matter to you anymore, or maybe never did?

trevorbc

Michael Peterson status
Jun 27, 2012
cold
GromsDad said:
Sharkbiscuit said:
GromsDad said:
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:

YEWWWWWW!

The military is government employees. Are you advocating cuts there? So dumping billions of dollars into Afghanistan and Iraq and Japan, and South Korea, and on and on is fine but having a federal agency to make sure our air and water are clean is bad. Okay. When exactly did wanting to protect our environment become radical and extreme leftist policy? You guys have fully lost the plot.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
trevorbc said:
GromsDad said:

The military is government employees. Are you advocating cuts there? So dumping billions of dollars into Afghanistan and Iraq and Japan, and South Korea, and on and on is fine but having a federal agency to make sure our air and water are clean is bad. Okay. When exactly did wanting to protect our environment become radical and extreme leftist policy? You guys have fully lost the plot.
did he say that stuff in italics in another post? Not seeing it in this one :shrug:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
trevorbc said:
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.
Once again you and Groms dad have no idea what you are talking about. Fox news tells you the government pays for abortions so you believe it.

There is something called cost allocation. It is basic accounting. Planned Parenthood gets federal funds and non federal funds (unrestricted funds). The federal funds are allocated only to allowable costs, abortion is not an allowable cost. When they get audited, if they used federal funds for abortion those cost would be disallowed and would have to be repaid. Abortion related costs get allocated to the unrestricted (non-federal) funds.

Another example would be a non-profit that gets federal funds to carry out some public need. The non-profit also gets donations. (unrestricted funds) They have a fund raising cocktail party. They allocate the costs of the cocktail party to their unrestricted funds because you cannot use federal funds to purchase alcohol. Your argument is that they do use federal funds for alcohol just because they had a cocktail party and also happen to receive federal funds. See your logic is flawed. Fox news does not go into this kind of detail because their brain dead audience doesn't want to hear it. It doesn't fit your narrative. Facts don't matter to you anymore, or maybe never did?
Word salad and semantics

Planned Parenthood gets federal funds, and Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. It’s really that simple

You can justify it all you want, but any creative accounting doesn’t excuse the facts that a company is stealing money from wage earners in order to operate

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
If you really cared about the environment focus on the destruction of the Army Corps of Engineers as opposed to the rescue of the EPA

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
manbearpig said:
Ah yes the old everything is black and white fallacy.

A reliable one to fallback on when you’re wrong.
Or you can just play around with truthiness so you can feel better about yourself

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
ifallalot said:
trevorbc said:
VonMeister said:
Yes they do.

Word salad and semantics

Planned Parenthood gets federal funds, and Planned Parenthood is an abortion provider. It’s really that simple

You can justify it all you want, but any creative accounting doesn’t excuse the facts that a company is stealing money from wage earners in order to operate

I'm still waiting for you to define WESTERN KULCHER that you are so fiercely defending from something.

You clearly have no fvcking clue what civilized Western society entails.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
ifallalot said:
If you really cared about the environment focus on the destruction of the Army Corps of Engineers as opposed to the rescue of the EPA
The army corps is responsible for TONS of wasted money on non sensible projects in the northeast.

The EPA has actually put into place some good legislation in terms of protecting environmental interests for both natural environments and human.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
ifallalot said:
Wait a minute. You are going to say the EPA is full of bureaucratic waste but then go on to tout the USACE?! :roflmao:

Have you ever worked on an environmental project via the Corps? :foreheadslap: