Jimmy Buffett dead at 76

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Were not snarking. Buffet was awesome. A true Showman because he was so damn dedicated to his craft and I believe willing to accept mediocrity being a Bar Guitar player that he struck a note with millions and ascended to fame and fortune. He is a staple in the soundtrack of our times. I enjoyed that book he wrote a hundred years ago talking about his life. I was by no means a parrothead and never saw him play live but a good friend was and did and actually had one of his old guitars. He let me play it. It was magical.

Reactions: Clayster

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I read both Joe Merchant and Tales from Margaritaville. Not Pulitzer material but not bad, either.

Reactions: Pico

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Buffets songs were cute and fun. Im not sure if any of them ever had a solo of any kind. They were about the chorus and the sing along genre. Im betting Tribute stars are gearing up for the gold rush.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Buffets songs were cute and fun. Im not sure if any of them ever had a solo of any kind. They were about the chorus and the sing along genre. Im betting Tribute stars are gearing up for the gold rush.
Margaritaville is the only song I know that is guaranteed to get everyone around the campfire to join in and sing right out loud con gusto.

Last edited:

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
watch out for those flip flops in margaritaville, jimmy.

fond memories, including taking a dump at one of his restaurants as a kid, as non-paying customer at the encouragement of my father who was waiting on the sidewalk.
Key West? Went to a nutty one in Tortuga.

abalone

Michael Peterson status
Jan 16, 2002
Mid-'70s I saw him perform at The Backdoor, San Diego State's late, great 250-seat venue. Fun concert, and fun fact: he first performed Come Monday at The Backdoor.

Reactions: npsp and Subway

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
So many great memories of his concerts.

buying beer in Camden under age. Head to blockbuster parking lot to party with all walks of life of all ages. Milfs & grills galore for miles. Police began cracking down on all the partying during concerts. Scored a full big tank of nitrous. So icy cold.Thing lasted for like 3 months of partying.

the music was pretty good too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HatterasGlass