Is this how you treat a member of the armed forces during a routine traffic stop?

moby

Nep status
Nov 10, 2010
We are all here to argue, and I get insulted, have creeps make up stories about me, and never cry to the mods like most of the keyboard tough guys. I take what is given and respond in kind. We have never interacted which Saint are you whiteknighting for?
So they insulted you first? Do you even know who started what anymore? It looks like you guys have just chosen up sides and you react to the other "team" with no sense of proportionality or maturity. It's all knee-jerk reaction.

lmao at "whiteknighting" Have I offended King Hal and the Knights of the Children's Table?

Yee gads. I must flee this land!

:waving:

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Such childish anger, lets listen to Moby and bury the hatchet, or not if enjoy this?
That’s what Moby implied? Who is this Moby troll anyway?

Maybe one of our internet sleuths can go back in time to our first interaction here.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That’s what Moby implied? Who is this Moby troll anyway?

Maybe one of our internet sleuths can go back in time to our first interaction here.
Do not remember, both of us have taken plenty of shots at the other, it can be water under the bridge if you would like?

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
I do quite often, You have to have sharp elbows in the politics forum and I will respond in kind to insults. Also I do not brag about what a saint I am.
Sharp elbows isn't what started this exchange. You going straight to ad hominems in lieu of engaging with any of the substance of the comment is what returned to you what you were handing out.

Other people do it too, so I'm not singling you out for that. But you cannot expect to get differently than you give.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Sharp elbows isn't what started this exchange. You going straight to ad hominems in lieu of engaging with any of the substance of the comment is what returned to you what you were handing out.

Other people do it too, so I'm not singling you out for that. But you cannot expect to get differently than you give.
Believe me, I don't expect any different.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
People don't realize how much fight/flight shuts down high level thinking.

This applies to non compliers and the cops who shoot them.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Nobody would know how often someone was accidentally tazed instead of shot but my guess is that number is nowhere near zero. With that said, I'm sure there's room in the training to explicitly train for taze vs shoot decisions more often, if they're even including that scenario in their practice-practice-practice training programs at all.

These various skills are arguably perishable, so training once at the beginning of a career or sporadically and non-systematically will likely produce inferior results than when compared to regularly training these on a monthly or weekly basis. IMO that's where the "re-imagininig" should start.

Last edited:

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
To the extent that the public is increasingly coming to understand that these outlets are all pimping their respective biases at the expense of their assertions of impartiality I think that's a good thing. Transparency has it's own utility.

If they're not even going to try to be objective then it becomes dishonest for them to assert otherwise. They don't lose credibility when they take a side; they lose credibility when the say one thing (we don't take sides) but do another (take sides).

As in, lie. We expect politicians and other advocates to lie, whether by omission or commission. Politicians sell their advocacy not any assertion of objectivity; that advocacy is widely perceived as part of their job description. Conversely, we don't expect journos to lie because they ostensibly sell their impartiality and objectivity. If they're going to sell their advocacy - which most definitely sells - then they should just acknowledge that.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Multi-variate x 1000

That is why it's so hard to address.
My answer would be proliferation and admiration of guns and gun culture.

Chances of accidentally getting shot by a cop, or anybody for that matter, in any other developed nation, is close to zero.